Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Does anyone... - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    i've been having fun reading the rulebook. that's almost always my first thing when i get a system. a complete read. ^^ interesting stuff!
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, i have seen alot of bad press about the system. And i think , that most of the complaints are about combat. Come on, in every game, combat is going to be slow going. But i don't see how M&M can be all that slow really, Once initiative is set. You only get one move and one standard action. Pretty simple i think. And if you get the characters to get all their actions set out, before the dice are rolled. You can swim through it. I have very little complaints about the system myself, but personally i could see two areas of improvement. The Fatigue conditions, and PL 12-13 being the rank for cosmic characters. However these are inconsequential, next to the pure flexibility of the system. Character creation, that doesn't limit your imagination. Except with your starting power points of course.

Before this , i played Marvel Super Heroes (from TSR) for my Super hero RPG. Revised Basic, and Advanced +UP all the way. This was a great, fun, simple, system. I have tried some others, but i cannot give any positive notes about any of the systems. Save Villains & Vigilantes. Which i did like. But in my opinions, M&M is Marvel Super Heroes but even better, the way it should be. I think GR, should see about getting their hands on the rights to create a Marvel Supplement for M&M.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuadunlow View Post
    ...I think GR, should see about getting their hands on the rights to create a Marvel Supplement for M&M.
    The discussion has come up repeatedly on the M&M message boards. It will probably be a cold day in Hell when it happens. The main reason being that it would be massively cost-prohibitive. Green Ronin is a very small company with very limited means. Secondly, Marvel will probably never give up those rights again either in an effort to create their own RPG in-house (which they've already tried once and failed terribly) or just to keep a lid on their intellectual property as they are fond of doing (Freedom Force and City of Heroes anyone?).

Still, there are many talented people in the M&M online community who have made encyclopedias worth of conversions for Marvel and DC characters. Give those a look.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Still, there are many talented people in the M&M online community who have made encyclopedias worth of conversions for Marvel and DC characters. Give those a look.
    I know i'm one of them

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuadunlow View Post
    I know i'm one of them
    Ditto for me as well....and his builds are pretty good, actually

Downloads
    Uploads

M and M

I'd love to have a Mutants and Masterminds game here in DFW!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    As I have said before in http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...ad.php?t=12330

Play by Post can be a great tool to get players who love the game but live apart or have odd work hours to come in and play the game, as long as they all put in some time (and not run off at the start of a thread) it can go really well
    Last edited by LordChicken; 12-17-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While this is a little off topic, I'm amazed at how much is available from the community as far as M&M is concerned. There's a forum where they've posted character write ups of almost every single comic book character there is! I'm really impressed by how active the M&M community is compared all of the other super hero type games that are out there.

Makes me glad I bought the game. Now if I can just find a game that runs close to me, meaning less that an hour drive away! Oh and during a time when I can play!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123