Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: How many forums does one person have to join?

Downloads
    Uploads

How many forums does one person have to join?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Seriously, I'm now registered at 5-6 different places for finding games. I think this is number 6 or 7. At least this one'll give someone a chance to contact me instead of the other way around. I love roleplaying, but the games I join seem to die off quickly. Hope I'm not cursed.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was unaware that there were other RPG forums specific to the D/FW area. Though I may totally be off the mark here, but considering the two forums at the top of the page (Dallas and Ft Worth), I figured this was specific to that region. However, I do see that you are from Chicago.
    Last edited by Moritz; 10-14-2006 at 10:46 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mortiz, the Pen & Paper Games website is a national registry, not just for DFW. But, we also host the Dallas and Fortworth group forums as well..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm here for the BSTs - Big, Shiny Things. I already told my group about this place and my dire need for a monster d20. And have they used me as a referral yet? Noooooooooooooooo they have not. Harumph.

Personally I'd like to see a registry like this work. Will it? Time will tell. Having it stickied over at Wizards Forum makes it very visible and gives it credibility.

Need. Monster. D20.
    Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mathogre View Post
    Personally I'd like to see a registry like this work. Will it? Time will tell. Having it stickied over at Wizards Forum makes it very visible and gives it credibility.
    Thanks, Mathogre. I'm very hopeful that it will. I've got a few more features planned for the registry that I think are going to make it even better and even easier to use. Apart from that, its just a matter of getting the word out there - and I appreciate all your help in doing that

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mathogre View Post
    Need. Monster. D20.
    Ooh.. And, one of my players has the Brushed Steel Jumbo d20, and I think he has literally taken out a mini with it at one point. Its a big'n fer sure.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a defined need for a central 'meeting gamers' website. The Wizards boards and ENWorld are high profile targets, but they do not have the tools to get it done right. I think that the tools here are functional and elegant enough to get that job done, but now the marketing has to happen. To get people to register here, it has to look like there is an active community here worth registering for.

Farcaster, you may want to look into setting up some simple little banners, and signature items that would enable us to say "I'm registered at Pen and Paper Games!" no matter where I post. Viral marketing, word of mouth.

Yes, we should all push our friends to join, but it's also smart to make sure that people who read our posts at other places are encouraged to follow the links in.
    --
    Grimwell

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    Mortiz, the Pen & Paper Games website is a national registry, not just for DFW. But, we also host the Dallas and Fortworth group forums as well..
    Oh my bad. But cool.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by grimwell View Post
    Farcaster, you may want to look into setting up some simple little banners, and signature items that would enable us to say "I'm registered at Pen and Paper Games!" no matter where I post. Viral marketing, word of mouth.
    That's not a bad idea. Thanks. I'm pretty good with databases and programming, but graphics have never been my speciality. But, you got me thinking along another line too. What do you think about this idea? What if I provided hosting for signature images that then would be watermarked with the Pen & Paper Games website address? That might be pretty cool.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Word of Mouth - Just informed about 30 of my closest friends, via a gaming and friend's yahoogroup that I'm involved with, about this place. No, I'm not trying to win some contest, I just figure it's a good idea to have people on here to talk about gaming and games and hook people up with people who wanna play.
    Last edited by Moritz; 10-14-2006 at 05:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's super, Moritz! Thanks

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What if I provided hosting for signature images that then would be watermarked with the Pen & Paper Games website address? That might be pretty cool.
    I'm a writer/editor so I don't do well in graphics either. What's this mean?

Let me offer a new suggestion. The mini-banner just below this text is a 'signature' a friend of mine uses to show her multiple interests on forums. It's lean, mean, but also neat:

Can you offer a simple bar of artwork that could be included in an animated gif like this? Not intrusive at all (on any forum), but useful all the same.
    --
    Grimwell

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll echo the statements of the original poster. I've joined at least 10 internet forums looking for gamers. I live in a major-ish metropolitan area (Cincinnati, OH) and can barely find one or two other gamers.

It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already.

-TRRW

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedRobedWizard View Post
    It's as if there are people who play RPGs that don't have computers or something. Seriously, people need to upgrade to 1994 already.
    LOL! Definitely true!