Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

IC Adv 1: Arrivals
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: IC Adv 1: Arrivals

Downloads
    Uploads

IC Adv 1: Arrivals

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    View resolves on a star field, panning across to port, until a planet fills the view. Those who know it know the tumultuous past it has had. Polluted during an attack over one hundred years ago, then aggressively repaired by the Yuuzhan Vong. It has now been returned to its original inhabitants, but they are still getting used to a planet radically changed from what they knew. What they do know, is Space Stations, seeing as they lived aboard them for so many decades. Re-constructing stations such as Pellezara Station has progressed rapidly, some would say a little too rapidly. Pellezara has become a major transit depot for those travelling to and from the Core, seeing as Duro sits on the Corellian Trade Spine.

The view focuses on a large Space Station, incredibly large, though the majority of the Spac Station seems to be 'dark', with minimal warning lights operating. Several Commercial Passenger Liners approach large bays, set up to handle processing bulk amounts of people. Already there is a backlog of people, some becoming impatient. In typical sentient nature, some have set up businesses plying their trade to this captive audience.

---

Deacon Kaldor, recently dropped on the station by his father, waits to be processed so that he can work out his next move. The line is quite long, but he has made some progress.

---

Tolin checks See-Eight to ensure he is still with him before proceeding to the priority line. The luxury transport that brought him from Coruscant has already departed.

---

Ogami Karte again reached for his Lightsaber in its hiding place. It was dangerous to be carrying it around, but he couldn't leave it behind. He looked across at Anastalsya, similarly clad in casual clothes. They were being sent out of the Core, it having become too dangerous on Coruscant to hide any longer. All the Jedi hidden were leaving in pairs, in any way they could.

---

Ipsam looked at his feet again. The line was barely moving but he barely noticed. The transport to Corellia had diverted with Hyperdrive problems and though he offered to help, they had put him ashore at Pellezara and refunded a portion of his fee. Unfortunately he had to get through the line though.

---

Jayne found it strange that these days he was made nervous by a lack of law enforcement when in the past it had always been the opposite. There didn't appear to be too much Law Enforcement around though. Just clerks, and not particularly tough looking ones at that. Still, it was unlikely the Hutt would follow him all the way to Duro.

---

The bay is a very large space with clearly marked landing areas, though ships don't stay long, as no maintenance is performed here. The smell isn't too bad for a landing bay. Things look generally ok, though there is probably more litter and disrepair than could be expected.

There are three queues leading to three desks. The shortest, fastest moving and one with the biggest presence of clerks is the priority one, which seems to require special papers, as many who approach it are turned away. Those in that line seem to be mostly wearing fine robes, suits and jewellery. There are about a dozen clerks, mostly young humans and a couple of Duros, not visibly armed and entirely non-intimidating.

There are various species in evidence, an ugly Twi'lek is loudly proclaiming the virtues of the Ponassian Monkey, which seems to be a bar, a pair of Nikto are having a pointed discussion by the main doorway out of the bay. An Ithorian is trying to sell some kind of herb to patrons, though not having much success, a trio of human males are examining the crowd while chatting and leaning on a wall, as though waiting for someone, and a couple of Gran, both dressed in black are strolling around.

OOC Take applicable Knowledge Checks if you like, as well as Perception Checks.
    Toren Utgard, Anastalsya is there as well, but I don't know enough about her to write much.
    Last edited by Roderz; 04-24-2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Update

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb

*Ogami medidtates on his surroundings, with special attention to the trio of humans*

*Takes 10 on 'Sense Surroundings' (UTF)= 15 to ignore cover and concealment when making a perception check*

* Perception check *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    04-24-2008 12:44 PM
    Perception check: 1d20 (1) + 7 = 8

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    *Jayne looks around to see if he notices anything*

*Jayne use his Knowledge of Technology to note anything*

* Jayne's Perception *

* Jayne's Knowledge-Technology *

04-24-2008 02:57 PM
    Jayne's Perception: 1d20 (6) + 0 = 6
    Jayne's Knowledge-Technology: 1d20 (1) + 6 = 7

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ana glances and notices the force being used by her companion. Ana stands focused on the fall of the Temple and of the younglings killed by the Clones so many years ago that her master likely had been young or maybe not born. She simply moved forward when the line did.

* Perception check *

04-24-2008 03:49 PM
    Perception check: 1d20 (18) + 6 (0) = 18
    I am the Master of the Lost Art of the Assassin.
    I am the Wielder of the Mind Source.
    I am the Hope of the Darkening World.
    I am Toren Utgard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tolin heads to the "Priority line" to see what papers he needs or if he can talk his way through.

* knowledge (galactic lore) *

* perception check *
    Last edited by Inquisitor Tremayne; 04-24-2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: I can't seem to get the dice roller to work.

04-24-2008 04:30 PM
    knowledge (galactic lore): 1d20 (5) + 7 = 12
    perception check: 1d20 (18) + 7 = 25
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanking my father for everything I stand in line and wait to be processed. Naturally curious about the things around me I glance around looking at all the things.
    * Deacon's perception *

04-24-2008 06:16 PM
    Deacon's perception: 1d20 (10) + 7 = 17
    [green=#]nospaces here except between words[/blue] need this for dice roller

http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...?t=6024&page=2 Deacon

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I guess we need to roll initiative?

* Tolin rolls Initiative *

Sorry, don't know how my post ended up before yours.

04-24-2008 08:45 PM
    Tolin rolls Initiative: 1d20 (14) + 6 = 20
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Gran slowly stop walking as they notice an individual in the priority line who seems completely unaware of them, a human dressed in a very fancy suit, standing alone.

One of the Gran nod to the humans leaning on the wall who suddenly become aware of them.

The reach into their tunics and pull out blasters, while the gran reach for their own weapons.

* Human Stealth Check *

* Gran Stealth Check *

* Human 1 Initiative Check *

* Human 2 Initiative Check *

* Human 3 Initiative Check *

* Gran 1 Initiative Check *

* Gran 2 Initiative Check *

04-24-2008 08:46 PM
    Human Stealth Check: 1d20 (15) + 4 = 19
    Gran Stealth Check: 1d20 (14)
    Human 1 Initiative Check: 1d20 (1) + 1 = 2
    Human 2 Initiative Check: 1d20 (11) + 1 = 12
    Human 3 Initiative Check: 1d20 (12) + 1 = 13
    Gran 1 Initiative Check: 1d20 (10) + 1 = 11
    Gran 2 Initiative Check: 1d20 (1) + 1 = 2

Downloads
    Uploads
    OOC Only those who roll higher than a Stealth Check, and you may only act against those you detect. Also write the general actions/goals your character will attempt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    * Deacon's Stealth Check *
    Seeing the commotion, I look around and see that a few gran are drawing their weapons.
    Last edited by dndmaster; 04-24-2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: knowing what I roll Ican now make an action

04-24-2008 09:02 PM
    Deacon's Stealth Check: 1d20 (9) + 7 = 16

Downloads
    Uploads
    * Deacon's initiative and Stealth *
    I will be moving to intercept one of the gran near me.
    My goal is to see what is going on. (depending what they say I may help them or not)
    Last edited by dndmaster; 04-25-2008 at 07:08 AM.

04-24-2008 09:09 PM
    Deacon's initiative and Stealth: 1d20 (5) + 7 = 12
    1d20 (6) + 7 = 13

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dejected by a bad turn of luck, I look at the floor, but continue to swivel my eyes and check out my surroundings.

* Orbiting eyeballs generally can see quite a bit *

Depending on what I see, I would enter the initiative order...

* Ipsam jumps into action *

If I notice the danger, I quietly reach into my gear and modify my weapons (personalized mods) for a bonus +1 to hit.... Just in case. I don't make any obvious move to draw or fire.

If I don't notice... Well, I imagine I'll just wait and see what happens.

04-24-2008 09:54 PM
    Orbiting eyeballs generally can see quite a bit: 1d20 (6) + 12 = 18
    Ipsam jumps into action: 1d20 (20) + 7 = 27

Downloads
    Uploads
    * Initiative roll *

I notice nothing during the surprise round, but after that, I check the distance between them and my partner and I.

Being not certain if Ana notices, I nudge her (unless she does so herself since she may have noticed the commotion.)

My mind is bent on staying neutral; for all I know, the men may have good reason for their actions. If they seem intent on assulting an unarmed person, I would make my way to what looks like the leader of the group.

After surprise round:
    * Perception: Attempts to ascertain who the leader of the group may be as well as their intent *

(unless something dramatic happens before then).

I also note what the humans are wearing, hoping I see something that may show what they're affiliated with (Local Security?):
    * General Knowledge Check *

At the moment, I wish to keep things diplomatic (drawing a light saber in the middle of a very crowded hanger is probably my plan Z.)

If things do get nasty, I'd rather furtively force slam the group down in an effort to subdue the aggressors, but I'd have to be certain that they were trying to kill innocents. If that's not an option due to crowd control, I'd opt to enter hand to hand with battle strike initiated.

Over all, I'm patient patient to see how things unfold before committing myself.

04-24-2008 11:20 PM
    Initiative roll: 1d20 (6) + 7 = 13
    Perception: Attempts to ascertain who the leader of the group may be as well as their intent: 1d20 (17) + 7 = 24
    General Knowledge Check: 1d20 (3) + 1 = 4

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jayne notices nothing in the suprise round. If combat happens he will try to remain uninvolved unless looks clear that getting involved would be profitable.

* Jayne's Stealth *

Please ignore the second init thing. Its an error.
    Last edited by russdm; 04-25-2008 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Added Stealth Check-Sorry

04-25-2008 10:09 AM
    Jayne's Initiative for after the suprise round.: 1d20 (4) + 2 = 6
    04-25-2008 11:52 AM
    Jayne's Initiative for after the suprise round.: 1d20 (13) + 2 = 15
    Jayne's Stealth: 1d20 (11) + 7 = 18

Downloads
    Uploads
    OOC Seems pretty likely Ipsam will go first, left with a move and swift action.

The two Gran advance on the individual, drawing knives, and displaying very aggressive expressions, the one in the lead, wearing a bright yellow scarf seemingly commands the other Gran, along with the Humans.

Initiative Order:
    1. Ipsam (Aware of Gran only) acts Standard Action to do Personal Mods.
    2. Tolin (Aware of all)
    3. Ogami (Unaware during Surprise)
    4. Human 3
    5. Deacon (Aware of Gran only)
    6. Human 2
    7. Gran 1
    8. Ana (Aware of all)
    9. Jayne (Unaware during Surprise)
    10. Gran 2

11. Human 1

Tolin stands behind the person who is behind the fancily dressed human.

Deacon is in the queue on the other side of the Gran, the Gran moving away, Ogami & Ana stand a couple of places behind Deacon.

Jayne & Ipsam find themselves in the queue furthest from the two Gran. The humans are on the other side of the desks but appear to be about to move.

All except Jayne & Ipsam could close on the two Gran with a single move action, the humans are beyond a single move.
    Last edited by Roderz; 04-26-2008 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Jayne

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast