Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Sparkle's Explorer Scribblings..

Downloads
    Uploads

Sparkle's Explorer Scribblings..

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Being a nuisance, but I figured I'd put all I got from my explorer checks (and other random things that I've written down) that may be useful in the future.

--------
    (Does someone have this necklace?)
    Sparkle looks at the necklace. She notes the carvings and markings on the jewelry. It is goblin make. and it allows the bearer to cast magic fang once per day. This can be used to enhance unarmed combat or natural weapons. it can be worn by a person or fastened around an animal for the same effect.

the necklace was crafted by a goblin druid. the necklace also bears the name, Uthak which you deduce is the crafter. You know that Uthak is known as the Eye of Grimash (will check spelling) the Eye is a prophet thought to have lived in the west, he is the voice of the Orc God, Grimash. He is known as a powerful warrior as well as known to call on his god for aid. He is a powerful entity but not a leader, he is a voice. this means that some one else is leading the Goblinoid army.

You have heard from fellow Exploreres that Ulthak means "of one eye." but you don't know its meaning at this time. but you do know that he was rumored to have consorted in many plans with the Dragon Yethaginsta or "The Nightbearer." Yethanginsta is thought to be a black dragon of great power, many say he died when Ulthak betrayed the dragons lair to the Drow in exchange for his life. but this is just speculation.

----------
    (Raph, the kobold belongs to this clan..)
    The Un'auk clan is a large clan of kobolds they are rumored to be crafty warriors, but there powers come from the unusually large number of Kobold sorcerers that the clan has. It is not uncommon for young kobolds of the clan to leave and adventure for a few years, collecting treauses to return with to their clan holdings. The Royal Explorers have recently traded petty items and gold with several clans for their extensive underground maps of the regions
    ------------
    Sparkle takes great intrest in the fossils, you can't place where you are at location wise though. but this discovery you know could win you more then a little attention from the guild. if you note the findings along with anything else you discover about the remains you know that it will increase your standing in the guild. as to what you see, you have never heard of people just frozen and cased in dirt like this. but you have heard stories about when the nations were being formed they sent adventuring parties out to kill anything that could threaten the local population. you note that the humanoid bones are elven. this explaining the lack of metallic armor, the leather armor that most elves tend to favor was most likely corroded over time. as were the wooden weapons such as arrow shafts, and spear poles.
    -------
    Sparkle you open the case and find a small note, and a map. as well a a tiny green gem stone the color of clear spring sky.

the letter is written in halfling

"We have stumbled down the corridors trying to hide from it. it seems to be able to tell exactly where we are going. no one has seen it yet, but we hear the noises, smell its breath. Tomar claims he saw the things shadow, a great horned head long fangs and giant bat like wings. we slowly tracked back to where he said he saw the shadow, hopeing to finally see what was hunting us. all we found was a dead lizard. in the torch light its shadow was huge , and looked like what he had descibed. we traveled for all of what we assume was the night, finding a small pond. its tiny inhabitants, little fish that glowed like stars in the night sky. Destin tried to grab one, for food or fun, I can't remember, the things swarmed his hand, biting and thrashing. it took several of Kairns spells to heal his hand enough for him to use it again.

Nessin, says he remembers tales his master used to tell him of a deamon that lived in this area many years ago. the tale says that a party of adventurers killed the creature, but they themselves were never seen again, but neither was the deamon.

Nessin says that knowing the creatures true name would allow us to banish it or control it. we have used most of our gems and resources preparing for a spell that will allow Kairn and Nessin to ask the gods for this knowledge. they must be very specific in their wording or something could go wrong.

after a few hours they said they had discovered teh name of the one who lived here. the name was Coudan'rothci. Nessin said he remembered that name from somewhere but was to exhausted to think further.

Its been several days and Kairn and Nessin have yet to awaken, they both stir in their sleep, as if hunted as we are now. we have had to carry them to aviod staying in the same place for to long. we are being picked apart one at a time.

Tomar was the first to go, the ground he stood on falling under him, we never heard him hit the ground. it seems to go on forever.

Destin and Nessin were next, we set camp and awoke to find both gone. we never heard it come for them, just found scrapes of clothing, and Nessins staff broken.

Kairn stopped breathing today, Hadin and I buried him in a Kairn of his own, the irony didn't sit well with us. "
    ------------
    Sparkle has also copied down/drawn Runes that where in the trap/area where Rok was trapped.
    -----------
    Sparkle I'm going to assume that your are recording most of this information for your guild. I also rolled a Guild knowledge and Bardic knowledge for you concerning the ogres and thier homes.

your knowledge via Explorers guild yeilded the most info.

The explorers guild has successfully traded with several smaller clans of ogres though you have never heard of the Stormheartcrag clan. this isn't uncommon, the fact that the ogre clans are nomadic largely explains that fact as they move so often it and so far that it would be nearly impossilbe to meet most of the clans.

your bardic knowledge yeilded: in recent years a creature known as Bloodtusk (you assume that its Bloodtooth in reality due to the difficulty in translations.) has been banding with goblinoids and orcs to form a large army. he is not the head of this army, he is just one of many holding the reins for a larger master. known have seen or heard of this being in recent times, but your recent encounter with the goblinoid army leads you to think you might have stumbled across at least some hint of the same creature.
    -----------
    (below via Musharr's knowledge check on Coudan'rothci. )
    A powerful necromancer once summoned a deamon of a very similar name, (could have been changed in translation when told to you by the druids of your home.) the necromancer was called Hestor Drollsmark, though he was called many things. the deamon promised Hestor greater power in return for its freedom. a deamon of great power a Balor if the druids assumed correctly. the deamon promised (a promise full of loop holes.) that it would never attack the Necromancer once free. the necromancer released the deamon prince and was given many books of power as well as many powerful artifacts for his reward. the deamon left the necromancers domain and raised an army of its own and layed seige to the lands of Dunsmoor. the Human and Dwarven allies fought a great battle against the deamon, neither side claiming victory. that is all you can recall at the moment.
    -----------
    Ring found in lab (I thought this was interesting..)
    The ring is not magical, just a very finely made ring, it does have a very distinct jewel on the top of the ring though. the jewel is cut into the shape of a tear drop, the gem itself is the deepest black you have ever seen. the gold is also tinted, the usual gold has a distinct redish color. the metal is also very cold, but you can't tell if that is just from sitting on the cold stone.

(The following via a Bardic Knowlege Check) you know that the metal itself is a rare metal called "Cordinion" or AuG15 (in the gnomish chemisty table.) the metal is only found in areas deep within the core of the world, where centuries of sediments have gathered. gnomes speckulate that the gold is actually a combination of several elements. the Reddish color is from a dense type of copper, which combined with iron and gold, all of which were in dust form. when the deposits settled they were compressed into more dense deposits, which in the future allow them to be mined.

other Gnomes, of the Mystic sort think that the element that is known as crimson gold, or blood gold is only found in places where where much blood shed has occured for centuries. the blood of dozens of generations is soaked into the ground and the gold, which is thought to hold stronger bonds to the magical realms, absorbed the life energies.

in either case, the crimson gold is known to require less magical energy to enchant then most known materials. it is valued by wizards, and merchants alike for this reason
    --------------
    (Note that Barravas picked up)
    the piece of paper is just a note.

"I know now that my wish had a flaw. with each passing day my flesh losses of its healthy look. I can feel something in my soul, like its trying to escape. I fear what will happen in the future."

day 439

My skin is now completely devoid of color. I no long feel the need to eat or sleep to sustain my life. I feel a power greater then I have ever known stirring in my viens and I am not afriad to lie. it scare me more then a little. I don't know what happened to the others. Their wishes seemed greedier then mine. I can only hope they have found some way to stave off this curse that effects us.

day 978

I am complete. yes, my flesh is gone but it was weak. I am more powerful then I have ever dreamed. i laugh when I think how powerful I used to be. all this power in now mine. I miss read my assumptions earlier. this is no curse this is a blessing. I have power, power with out flaw. My soul no longer resides in this body. nay I have created it. A palace for my soul, and replaced it with more power. I am what all mages dream for, I am what all children wish they had, I am the envy of kings and queens and dispised by the gods, whos Power I now see as an equal.

the rest of the notes unreadable
    Last edited by Anaesthesia; 08-06-2008 at 12:15 PM.
    There's nothing to fear except fear itself and, of course, the boogeyman.

Co-Organizer of NEPA D&D and Stroudsburg Geeks. Member of Stroudsburg Area Gaming Association.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So Mursharr remembers all that info about Coudan'rothci and Sparkle doesn't even care? J/K, I know there's a lot of info out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Bard View Post
    a powerful necromancer once summoned a deamon of a very similar name, (could have been changed in translation when told to you by the druids of your home.) the necromancer was called Hestor Drollsmark, though he was called many things. the deamon promised Hestor greater power in return for its freedom. a deamon of great power a Balor if the druids assumed correctly. the deamon promised (a promise full of loop holes.) that it would never attack the Necromancer once free. the necromancer released the deamon prince and was given many books of power as well as many powerful artifacts for his reward. the deamon left the necromancers domain and raised an army of its own and laid siege to the lands of Dunsmoor. the Human and Dwarven allies fought a great battle against the deamon, neither side claiming victory.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    So Mursharr remembers all that info about Coudan'rothci and Sparkle doesn't even care? J/K, I know there's a lot of info out there.
    I couldn't find that!! Probably because I was searching under the wrong keyword.. lol I know there's a lot of things I have been writing down..but can't find it at the moment..

Co-Organizer of NEPA D&D and Stroudsburg Geeks. Member of Stroudsburg Area Gaming Association.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice work Anaesthesia, I think this will really help every one when it comes to names and such

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Bard View Post
    Nice work Anaesthesia, I think this will really help every one when it comes to names and such
    No problem. I'm not sure I'm missing anything else (but I'm sure Zane will probably find it and point it out though! ). It will help me keep track of things and more helpful when I do meet up with my guild.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That was the only thing I recall right now that I would expect Sparkle to record - especially since she can't tell anyone about the dragon. However, if I do think of anything else, I'll be sure to let you know.