Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peanut gallery (open for everyone to post in!)

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Peanut gallery (open for everyone to post in!)

everyone is welcome to post here about this campaign!
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    This looks like a very interesting campaign. I hope to read more soon

Downloads
    Uploads
    How does someone join a campaign like this and what resources does someone need once the get started? *sorry both very noob questions and I apologise if this isnt the place to put them*

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i sent you a pm with some information. your best bet in general is to look in the campaign invitation forum. this game is peculiar in that it is a closed game, and not posted in the campaign invitation forum. this is not the norm for here at pen and paper games. and posting your interest here is normally the best and correct way to go about it, so you are fine posting here. this game is set aside for particular players who are long-standing acquaintances of mine. however, i can ask if they want anyone else joining in. no promises. ^^ it may be quite a while before i get a response back from them. so hang in there. =D and good gaming in the mean time! =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks no expectations on my end since I had none coming in and I did read your pm so thank you again

Downloads
    Uploads
    *removed text as it was a double post* sorry
    Last edited by Elbryon; 05-16-2008 at 11:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no problems. =D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I couldnt help but bring this up nijineko, Necrite on the "sticks as traps" couldn't you look at it this way. Most spells need V and S components to work I understand but in the vein of trying to make the character you want and the unique application you want for those sticks couldnt the "act" of breaking or setting off the stick be part of the S component. For example...lets say for Fireball you need to speak the correct words and crumble sulfer between your fingers *pooof* fireball. So along that same line of thinking couldn't the final component that the spell needs to activate be the physical breaking/snapping of the rune stick?

(trying to think outside the box)

Downloads
    Uploads
    That wasn't the only problem with the concept. There were so many things not meshing right that I would have had to ask for a dozen and one house rules to tweak things in the right directions. It just wasn't coming together right, so I'll do something else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    see and here I thought I was being smart :P

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    your concept is fine, but necrite was hoping to use this runestick idea as an alternate craft scroll feat so that he could access all spell levels, rather than an alternate brew potion feat and be limited in level. the catch is that the nature of the scroll feat is such that it still demands a verbal and somatic component to activate, making it not so useful for homemade traps. as an alternate brew potion, it works just fine, but then the level limitation kicks in. one of the system limitations.

there are some nice trap-like items in the complete arcane and complete magic... or maybe the arms and equipment book.... i recall a spike that can be pounded into a surface, and then activating it. it has few rounds delay before it becomes active whereupon it turns invisible. the next poor soul to come within sensing range triggers it. cone of cold and fireball are commonly held effects. costs just over a thousand gold a pop, which isn't bad for a full effect trap.
    Last edited by nijineko; 07-18-2008 at 05:08 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, no you're all in a tavern when... beginning. I like it so far. Though it would have been nice to have landed in a more dignified manner.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    heheheh. think of it in a generic karmic fashion. ^^

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gratz on level 2, Arahira!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i would like to announce that we will likely be having another player join us. this campaign was originally started for necrite and arahira, and we later welcomed elbryon and dax thura. having met the requirements set, and with permission from necrite and arahira, i just wanted to let everyone know as a courtesy. this will likely not have much immediate effect on anyone else, as he too will be scattered to the winds and have to figure out what the heck is going on, just like the rest of your characters.

the player in question is midnight. he is currently over in my anything goes 16 campaign, so feel free to wander over and read up on what he's been up to and get a feel for him. he has been following this campaign and reports being greatly entertained, so much so that he decided that he really wants to join and game with everyone here. congrats on being such excellent role-players everyone!

as a bit of background, i've known midnight for well over 10 years, i'd have to think to recall exactly how long it's been. he has been my usual dm for most of the time since i've known him, as it happens. as we have lived far away from each other for a long time, we are very familiar with remote forms of roleplaying. i find him to be a skilled dm, and a talented player. please welcome him. (once he starts posting over here, that is. ^^)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast