Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 84

Thread: Armorial of Ashbarex: Chapter the Second: Twice Shy

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,181
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0

    Armorial of Ashbarex: Chapter the Second: Twice Shy

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Having made all your preparations accordingly, you find yourself back outside the gate, facing back the way you just came from. The pair who first greeted you are here still, or perhaps again. They bid you farewell and good luck. The helmeted one removes his helm. Startlingly, his face is not that far a cry from his helmet, but despite his tusks and snout-ish nose, his voice is soft and deep as he rumbles quietly, "Mistress's tough, but her heart's a little girl's. Be gentle." His fellow guard punches him 'gently' on the arm, a blow which surely would have left a bruise on a weaker person.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    177
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ashbarex starts off cross country in as direct a line as he can to the closest town to the East.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,181
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    You retrace your path, managing to avoid getting soaked this time. Reaching the point where your original path veered from the north, you strike out into new terrain, more or less following the meandering path of the stream. There is no sign of the dragon, though you also cannot see your 'landing area' from here. The terrain ahead seems to be mostly rolling hills and gentle fields, with scattered copses of trees broken only by the more heavily treed line of the stream.


    {{{Please make spot and listen checks. }}}
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    177
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ashbarex tries to enjoy the walk, but secretly harbors hopes that he'll spot her around every bend and over every hill.

    * Spot *

    * Listen *
    Last edited by Dax Thura; 08-19-2013 at 03:27 PM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-19-2013 03:24 PM
    Spot: 1d20 (18)+ 4 (4) = 22
    Listen: 1d20 (13)
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,181
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    {{{Question, how exactly are you traveling? On foot? Using magical assistance? Gliding? Something else? }}}
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    177
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Just walking.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,181
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    It takes you a while to be certain that it is not your imagination, but as the day is drawing to a close, you strongly suspect that you are being followed. You have not caught a glimpse of anyone, but there have been a series of startled animals that seems just a bit too many, especially as they are all generally rearwards of you.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    177
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I'll make camp in the open. I want to make it as hard for my tail to hide as I can.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,181
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    You find a nice spot on the top of one of the rolling hills with some stones for seats and surfaces, while being low enough to not block the view in any direction. The cloudless skies promise a cool, if not cold, night. There are enough stones to make a fire ring, should you want one, though that would rather highlight your position far and wide. The sun slips to the horizon and the strongest stars begin to appear. There is an intermittent breeze.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    177
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Yes. I want a fire ring. I want to get my camp as warm as I can. Once the fire is going strong, I'll cast Invisibility as well as Mage Armor and go find out who is following me.

    * Move Silent *

    * Search or Spot *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-21-2013 08:08 AM
    Move Silent: 1d20 (16)+ 2 (2) = 18
    Search or Spot: 1d20 (18)+ 4 (4) = 22
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,181
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    With a nice strong blaze going, and plenty of extra wood at hand, you have warmed up enough to endure the encroaching chill of the evening. Glancing around, you feel a sudden twinge in your heart pulling you towards a certain direction. You descend from your hill, let your vision adjust, and begin quietly sneaking a big circle around your chosen hill. You make it about three quarters the way around, when you spot a decidedly humanoid cloaked shape huddled up behind some bushes and scruff nicely positioned to avoid being seen from the hill. Whatever that twinge was, it certainly wasn't related to this, as the figure is nowhere near the direction the twinge pulled. You are fairly confident that the figure has not seen or heard you.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    177
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Then Ashbarex will continue moving to try and locate the 'twinge'. Recasting invisibility if needed.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,181
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    After some experimenting, you are able to determine that the 'twinge' is something that occurs whenever you are looking west, regardless of your relative position. From your recollections of the maps, that is exactly the direction where there are no trade routes; and you further recall a rather large body of water, called a lake though broad enough to be a minor sea, in that direction as well.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    177
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    After some thought, Ashbarex decides to return to the mysterious figure. He is still Invisible with both Mage Armor and Shield active and his crossbow is leveled on the figure. He gets within easy speaking distance or stops when the figure first seems to notice him, whichever is first. "It is late. I have had a very trying day and I would like to rest. So, please, join me at my camp or make your attempt upon my life now."

    How many uses of Invisibility have I used to this point? To the hooded figure (my guess is that it's Quendreda). From the hooded figure. Back to the hooded figure.

    * Move Silent *
    Last edited by Dax Thura; 08-27-2013 at 09:01 PM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-27-2013 08:51 PM
    Move Silent: 1d20 (16)+ 2 (2) = 18
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,181
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    {{{As you were keeping silent, it took more time than normal to make your circle, pin down the twinge, think, and go back. This is your second casting of invisibility, but only by a short while. It has some duration left should you wish to make use of it. }}}

    You get nearly to where you intended when a small stick breaks under you. The figure twitches and looks about. At your pronouncement, the figure jumps and nearly falls into the bush. After some frantic glancing about, the figure gathers them self together, and with a resigned slump to the shoulders, trudges up the slope to your campsite. You notice that despite the sharpness of your vision, and the movements of the figure, at no time did you get a clear look at the face.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •