Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591
CoS: Campaign announcements and parameters (open for everyone to post and ask questions!) - Page 8
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: CoS: Campaign announcements and parameters (open for everyone to post and ask questions!)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello Midnight, I've heard so much about you from Nijineko, welcome to the game.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL...If you're jealous 'cause I rolled such a high level then check out my d20 rolls... that's where I pay for it. Everything needs to balance in the end though, yes?

Anyway welcome to our group! ^_^
    Can't wait until I get to read your story.

... OMG!.. I'm being social!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    roleplaying brings out the best in... our characters... or us... sometimes.... ^^ anyway!
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I get some extra crappiness on the level roll - I picked a race with a LA. But Niji OKed the optional rule to work it off... In fact, he suggested it.

Welcome to the group.

We can't start without a healor.

... Crap, been on too many PuGs again.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    midnight informs me that the character is almost done, and should be shortly forthcoming. =D i will post a thread for him once i get at least the name. he has an interesting concept, and would like to send me the character sheet, but delay posting it here until everyone has a chance to meet the character. one of those appearances are deceiving ones that would be fun to rp, especially if you only have a desc (which i've asked him to post, at the very least) to go by. he only wants to conceal certain revealing parts of the character, so i'm inclined to have him post the character sheet with those portions only obscured for now. reactions, and feelings about that? i rather undecided, actually, and am hoping that your comments will help swing the balance for me. i'm open to either way.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads

Midnight's character

I'm getting ready to post my character. Note that I changed my mind and am NOT making this character's class/race obscure; I came up with a good story for her background, and I can hardly tell it without revealing her class and race. So ignore Nijineko's previous posting about me making my character obscure. Briefly, she is a cleric, but a VERY martially-minded one; so I was toying with the idea of making you think that she was a fighter or barbarian rather than a cleric. She was, in fact, raised in a barbarian tribe, so describing her as a "barbarian" would have been technically correct but quite misleading.

Downloads
    Uploads

Midnight's character: Rilde Konigsdottir

I am playing a female human cleric of Kord named Rilde Konigsdottir ("Konig's daughter"). She is from the World of Greyhawk, and is from Chendl, capital of Furyondy, by way of the Snow Barbarian tribe.

A caveat: It has been a long time since I played in the WoG, so I remember little except place names. In particular, I know that the Snow Barbarians exist and I seem to recall that they're basically good. Other than that, I don't remember specifics, so forgive me if my descriptions are a little uninformed.

History:
    Rilde grew up in the tribe of the Snow Children (for their habit of wearing gear white as the snow), also known as the Snow Barbarians, with her twin sister Fiera; they were both children of the chieftan, Konig (KOE-nig), along with their 3 brothers. The two of them both showed a propensity for war along with a noticable inclination towards the divine. Both of them were tall, muscular women (over 6' tall), almost archetypes of the barbarian woman, so their propensity for warfare was encouraged despite their sex.

Rilde chose the more divine path of the priestess, but indulged her martial calling by agreeing to a Contract with the most popular Power of the barbarians: Kord, god of strength. The Contract called for her to aid and protect her clan and allies with the power of her magic, but also to keep herself strong and fit, wielding weapons and armor to defend by physical as well as magical means, as combat and exertion were the truest signs of faith.(Unfortunately, despite her size and strength, she was always somewhat slow and clumsy; she is a poor shot with any ranged weapon, thus focussing her even more on melee weapons, and she usually reacts after everyone else. [See character sheet for game effects of this.])

Fiera chose a more straightforward martial path, although she still wielded a greatsword in the name of Kord. [ooc note: Fiera is another character of mine who is a paladin of Heironeous.] When they came of age, they helped fight against the savage Ice Barbarians and their orc allies, who continually tested the resolve of the Snow Children with border raids.

They found that the Ice Barbarians and orcs were becoming more numerous, and aided by foul divine magics. Rumors grew that they had made a Contract with a newly-freed Power of great evil: Iuz. Shortly afterward, emissaries from the soft southern land of Furyondy arrived seeking allies against this same Iuz. Konig welcomed them and began to talk about alliances, but this was interrupted by a brutal attack of Ice Barbarians and orcs, aided by foul creatures of the lower planes and by magics both arcane and divine.

The "soft" southerners proved anything but soft, aiding their allies-to-be with mighty weapons. Their leader was Randil, a human paladin of Heironeous, god of valor; unusually, he wielded an enormous poleaxe to great effect, cleaving a demon in two and slaying the leader of the orcs in the same blow, and his seemingly unwieldy armor of heavy plate protected him from attacks. His bravery and skill would have unexpected effects upon the sisters.

The Snow Children, together with their new allies, defeated the attack, slaying the attackers to the last, but at great cost. Their father and two of their brothers were slain, along with many others in the tribe and every emmissary but Randil. It was agreed that Rilde and Fiera would accompany Randil back to Furyondy to learn more from Furyondy, continuing the war there, and that Fiera would marry Randil to seal the alliance.

Rilde, admiring Randil's skill, asked him to teach her about his strange weapon and heavy armor; she proved adept with the long, heavy weapon and chose to use it (much to the scorn of many other worshippers of Kord, as she abandoned his favored weapon, the greatsword, which she had never felt comfortable with). Fiera was inspired by his courage and valor to convert to the worship of Heironeous, although somewhat ironically she chose to continue using the more traditional greatsword. This infuriated both Rilde and her brother Karl to the point where Rilde and Fiera came to blows, as Rilde saw this as an abandonment of the tribe's views on freedom and did not care for Fiera's new belief in law and order. Fiera, even more martially-minded than Rilde, won the fight. The next day the two of them made up to a certain extent, but there were still hurt feelings between them.

Rilde has spent the last two days caring for the many wounded, always with her newly-forged poleaxe (a gift from Randil in an attempt to calm the waters between the two sisters) within arm's reach. She hears a strange music and finds herself elsewhere, cursing that she does not have her weapon in hand…
    Last edited by Midnight; 08-31-2008 at 12:39 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Rolling for Rilde's HP

* Rilde's HP, with Con 15 and max HP for 1st level *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-30-2008 11:15 PM
    Rilde's HP, with Con 15 and max HP for 1st level: 3d8 (4,3,7 = 14) + 16 (16) = 30

Downloads
    Uploads

Rilde, continued

NOTE: As described in my background, this character was caught with almost no gear at all; I decided to make life difficult for myself.

DESCRIPTION:
    Rilde is a human woman whose barbarian raising and love of combat shows in every line of her body. She is 6'2" and about 180 pounds, with pale blonde hair, deep blue eyes and very pale skin; she moves slowly but with great conviction. A thin but not disfiguring scar runs from her right eye to her right ear. Despite her martial appearance, she currently is dressed in plain furs and no armor, with a package of bandages and salves in hand rather than a weapon. She has a simple pack of leather on her back and a belt with a tooled leather pouch on one hip and a finely-crafted dagger (with a hilt of carved ivory) on the other. An orange medallion with a black design of crossed lines etched on it is around her neck, shining with a pale light.

Rilde Konigsdottir
    Female human Cleric 4
    CG Medium Humanoid
    Init -6 (see below); Senses Listen +2, Spot +2
    Languages Common, Abyssal
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    AC 10 (no armor, Dex +0), touch 10, flat-footed 10
    hp 30 (4d8 + 16)
    Fort +6 Refl +1 Will +6
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Speed 30'
    Melee Dagger +8 (1d4+4)
    Ranged Dagger +4 (1d4+4)
    Base Atk +3; Grp +7
    Combat Gear Masterwork dagger, a few scrolls
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Cleric spells (5 0th/4+1 1st/3+1 2nd)
    0) Guidance, Resistance, Light, Detect Poison, Detect Magic
    1) Enlarge Person (D), Divine Power, Lesser Vigor x2, Bless
    2) Bull's Strength (D), Eagle's Splendor, Hold Person, Silence
    Abilities Str 18 Dex 11 Con 15 Int 11 Wis 15 Cha 14
    SQ Spells; domains: Luck (1 reroll/day), Strength (+4 enhancement bonus to Str for 1 round once/day)
    Feats Cleave
    , Divine Might, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (heavy poleaxe), Power Attack, Skill Focus: Concentration
    Flaws Shaky, Unreactive
    (NOTE: Shaky -- all ranged attack rolls are at -2 to hit; Unreactive--takes a -6 penalty on Initiative rolls)
    Skills Concentration +12, Diplomacy +2, Heal +9, Knowledge (Religion) +7, Speak Language (Abyssal)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Possessions masterwork dagger, pack, masterwork healer's kit, pen, ink, paper, medallion with Kord's symbol (an abstract design of black, crossed lines in a star on an orange background) and continual flame cast on it, spare medallion (in pouch), scrolls of Enlarge Person, Bull's Strength and Eagle's Splendor, one-day supply of food and water
    , two heavy bracelets of hacksilver (rather notched) worth 50 gp.
    Last edited by Midnight; 09-01-2008 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Mixed up Con and Cha; meant to switch them

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    nicely done on the background. very enjoyable. =D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. Very nice!

LOL. I feel as if I failed in my back ground story but then again I've never been much of a writer. Posting my background though would have ruined the effects of my character so thus Niji is the only one to suffer the effects of my poor writing skills. xD

Downloads
    Uploads

Glad you like the backstory

To be honest, I rarely write down that much about a character; I do come up with complicated backgrounds, but it's mostly floating around in my head. This time I found myself inspired and just kept writing things down and revising them. To be honest, I decided on the characters' odd classes and weapon choices (one a barbarian converted to a lawful paladin, the other a cleric with a weapon choice that wasn't her deity's main weapon) and found myself needing to make up a backstory that explained these oddities.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i didn't suffer. much. XD seriously, you underestimate yourself, arahira. i'm certain that as you develop your character more over the course of roleplaying, that you will find that you have more and more of a detailed background story. you already have a complex and intricate background brimming with potential for many different directions. i suspect that you get in your own way, sometimes. =D "let go of your feelings, arahira. trust the force." ;D

Downloads
    Uploads
    NIJI... Niji... niji... niji....
    NEKO... Neko... neko... neko....

Where are you... you... you....

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ?? i'm about. school has started though, so my post freqency will likely be closer to once or twice a week. it takes concentration to posts these storylines. ^^ this isn't stuff i can just toss off the cuff, at least most of it isn't.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast