Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: CoS: Campaign announcements and parameters (open for everyone to post and ask questions!)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Character sheet and background are almost finished, will get them up ASAP. Working an extra day this week, and my laptop just died on me (yay for extended warranties), so I'll be stuck using my PDA for the nonce.

My character is a (yet unnamed) hobgoblin from a world where goblinoids are the majority, and humans are the nomadic and tribal raiders that humanoids are in a typical setting. He is a scout returning home from an extended mission, and as such has his weapons and armor, plus some minor supplies. He has only a tiny handful of coin - probably not even enough to buy breakfast if he actually had to pay for it. Military service has at least a couple benefits!

I'd like one magic item, either to start with, or available on my credit, though not a standard one, so it's up to Nijineko to determine how to deal with it: a traveller's cloak that keeps the wearer comfortable, regadless of heat or cold, and repels rain, snow, mist and road dust, and functions this way when worn normally or used as a blanket.

An event that would be appropriate for a future RP scenario would involve him being forced into a position where his life hinges on trusting a human - his favored enemy*.

*Don't worry about this causing significant difficulty, Nijineko... I've dealt with it in my backstory. It should make things interesting...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lokar Corat

Base Final Mod
    Str 18 18 +4
    Dex 15 17 +3
    Con 15 17 +3
    Int 17 17 +3
    Wis 12 12 +1
    Cha 10 10 +0

Attack Bonus: +6 = +2(BAB) +4(Str)
    Ranged: +5 = +2(BAB) +3(Dex)
    AC: 16 =10 +3(Dex) +3(Masterwork Studded Leather)
    Flat Footed: 13
    HP: 19
    Fort: 7 = 4 (Base) +3 (Con)
    Ref: 7 = 4 (Base) +3 (Dex)
    Will: 2 = 1 (Base) +1 (Wis)

Skill Points: 45 Max Ranks: 5/2.5
    Skills Total Ranks Attrib Bonus
    Climb 6 =2 +4
    Handle Animal 5 =5 +0
    Hide 8 =5 +3
    Jump 6 =2 +4
    Knowledge (Nature)
    10 =5 +3 +2
    Listen 7 =5 +2
    Move Silently 12 =5 +3 +4
    Search 8 =5 +3
    Spot 7 =5 +2
    Survival 7 =5 +2
    Use Rope 4 =1 +3
    *+2 to Survival checks when above ground
    *+2 to Survival checks when tracking
    *+2 to Wild Empathy checks

Feats
    1- Running
    Bonus- Track
    Bonus- Rapid Shot

Class and Race Abilities
    Wild Empathy
    Favored Enemy: Humanoids (Humans)
    Combat Style (Ranged)
    Darkvision 60'
    +4 Racial bonus to Move Silently checks
    Level Adjustment +1

Languages
    Goblin
    Common (with a very thick accent)
    Dwarven
    Giant
    Draconic (Kobold)

Equipment
    Longsword
    Longbow
    Masterwork studded leather
    Quiver with 20 arrows
    Coinpurse with 10 cp 5 sp
    Backpack
    2 Waterskins
    3 days hard tack and trail rations
    Extra quiver with 20 arrows

Lokar Corat (Given name: Corat) is a hobgoblin from a world where the various goblinoids are the dominant species, and humans form a wide variety of barbarian and nomad tribes that constantly raid and attack civilized areas. Elves and dwarves are races in decline. They rarely leave their secluded cities, and generally have few relations with others, for good or ill.

Corat is a long-range scout tasked with incursions into human controlled territories, occasionally sent to eliminate strategic targets. He has recently completed a task which took an unexpectedly long time, and is returning to his home city.

Throughout the night, odd noises followed Corat, noises he couldn't place, but reminded him of the strange lilting music he heard in his one visit to an elven city. With one of the louder strains, he flinched, rembering what was likely to be his last diplomatic mission - in fact, the blunder most likely would prevent him from ever seeing a promotion again. No matter how he searched though, he could not find the source of the strange sounds.

Finally, as dawn was breaking, he neared a village. Goblin law states that military personell can claim free food and lodging at any inn. Hefting his purse, Corat decided this was a good thing. He'd been too long away from home, and the tiny emergency fund he always carried was all but expended.

Already sweating from the early day's heat - why did they have to make armor so hot? - he turned down the main street of the town. He'd never been here before, but there must be an inn somewhere on this street. He could have a bath, sleep away the day, and resume his trek in the cooler night.

Suddelny, the accursed music assailed him again. Frantically looking this way and that, he saw nothing - at first. Lunging after the shadowy figure he saw disappearing down a nearby alley, he tripped. Bracing for the impact, and cringing at the thought of the thumb-sized rivets in his armor digging into his flesh, he waited for the inevitable fall - which never came.

Turning about, Corat found himself faced with a most unsettling apparition. Ghostly figures extended from a brightly lit hole. The next thing he knew, he was holding the hand of one of these figures, and had been pulled through the hole into - he wasn't really sure what.

As his mind reeled, trying to come to grips with what was happening to him, he recalled the woman's words. Why had he agreed to help this human woman? He snarled and released her hand to draw his sword, but found himself unable to move as the inconcievable surroundings blurred past him.

As he travelled, other thoughts struck him. How could humans do this? They could barely muster the most primitive shamanistic magic. Surely, this was well beyond their ken. Suddenly, the ground loomed up towards him, and he found himself falling towards a gleaming city. This too, must be beyond the human's primitive abilities, but the figures he briefly glanced walking the streets were definitely not goblins, and the chain of people pulling him down seemed to be originating from a building in the city. With one final thought of How could humans be capable of such things? Corat's trip ended with him lapsing into darkness as he crashed into... Something.
    -----------------
    Though Corat has all the usual prejudices typical to a ranger with a sentient favored enemy, he does not believe that the humans of this world actually are humans. His humans are barbaric to the point of being unable to comprehend civilization. He can't wholly convince himself that these aren't the same brutes he's hated all his life. While he doesn't find himself driven to attack them on sight, he is very uncomfortable around them, and is most often curt and rude when forced to interact.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bah. My nicely formatted notes and organized columns lost everything when copy/pasted. Because it's a straight copy of my notes, I misseb a couple things that are obvious... To me at least.

Corat is a 2nd level Lawful Neutral male hobgoblin ranger.

Everything else should be there.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrite View Post
    Bah. My nicely formatted notes and organized columns lost everything when copy/pasted.
    i know! i've complained about this before. if you wrap it all in tags it'll retain formatting, but the font and text size will change. not ideal, but better than nothing. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    He looks very interesting nonetheless. This should be interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrite View Post
    I'd like one magic item, either to start with, or available on my credit, though not a standard one, so it's up to Nijineko to determine how to deal with it: a traveller's cloak that keeps the wearer comfortable, regadless of heat or cold, and repels rain, snow, mist and road dust, and functions this way when worn normally or used as a blanket.
    Might I suggest, at least as a starting point, a cloak of comfort. It gives a +1 to saves and Endure Elements effect. No book on me, but I think it's about 1500gp out of Complete Arcane or Mage.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

Downloads
    Uploads
    The endure elements is part of what I'm looking for, but the +1 to saves isn't really, and adds a fair amount to the cost. But you're right, it is a good starting place.

Downloads
    Uploads

He's got the look

Ashbarex is a tall and robust 17 year old, standing 6'2'' and weighing over 200lbs (high die rolls on the random table as human). His wings, when fully extended have a span of over 12 feet. They are usually kept tucked tight to his body, though, a habit from his youth. His eyes are solid light brown with no whites or irises. He has a brown complexion (darker than his eyes) with two stripes going from green to red, one on each side of his torso, front and back and along the edges of his wings. Ashbarex's shoulders and upper arms are scaled.

I really wanted his heritage to show through in his features, though I am not married to this description if anyone has suggestions. Also, I don't know if the wingspan is appropriate for his size. I just figured each wing to be the same length as he is tall plus the width of his torso.

Ashbarex prefers to wear boots, though he can go comfortably without them, and loose fitting pants. Currently, he's wearing a leather harness that crosses his front and back in an 'X' pattern under his cloak. Ashbarex will often go without a shirt, but he usually has a cloak. If the situation calls for him to have something covering his upper body, Ashbarex will wrap himself in some cloth, wear the looses top he can, or cut holes to allow for his wings.
    Last edited by Dax Thura; 08-22-2008 at 05:32 AM.
    Ashbarex Blue

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    nice description! i hope that everyone posts a description here as an average bystander would see their character. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I'm still working on his personality. I hope that the current encounter will help me to solidify who he is.
    Ashbarex Blue

Downloads
    Uploads

RE: Brevery of Brandylegs

Very well done. It evoked a sense of solemnity. You do know your stuff.
    Ashbarex Blue

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so long as you don't end up as a partially digested solid, right? ;D

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    *^^*

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very Very cool too bad we're so far apart I think I would enjoy an inperson game even more.

*I hope that doesnt sound to stalker like *

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hahahah. not to an rp'er. i quite understand.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast