Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: CoS: Campaign announcements and parameters (open for everyone to post and ask questions!)

Downloads
    Uploads

Your initiative

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm following this thread with interest. One note: Initiative is 1d20 (plus initiative modifier), not 1d10.

Downloads
    Uploads

Are we still active?

No posts in a long time--are people still there?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still kicking and screaming.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep I'm still here
    Are you Brute enough? Let's find out.
    http://rylde.mybrute.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still here waiting patiently for whenever Niji has the time to post.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah, i'm still around. finally found a part time job, (hooray!) and i've been pretty busy besides... (and felt guilty whenever i wasn't job-searching....) *^^* it may take me a while, but you can pretty much count on the cat coming back. short of something preemptively distracting... like maybe death, or some natural disaster, ne?

=D
    Last edited by nijineko; 08-20-2009 at 12:45 AM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads

Midnight42's posts will be spotty for a while

My wife and I are about to adopt a baby boy from South Korea. We'll be flying there next weekend. While we're there, posting will be spotty. Afterwards, I'll try to keep up with posts, but depending on new-child hassles, it may still be spotty. If necessary, nijineko can take over my character. It's been great playing with everyone.

Thanks,
    midnight42

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well congratulations to you! I wish you much luck. ^_^

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats and have fun with him/her

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you realize I haven't leveled in over a year now? When do I get to level?
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    heh. i've been thinking about that actually. quite a lot. work on that is in progress. ^^

one thought i've had is to hand out xp after each chapter in the story. the reason i'm slightly leaning towards that is because each chapter has slow parts and fast parts, with a corresponding flow of potential xp. since i've been doing a more story oriented format, i have to be careful to identify story goals and rewards, not just combat. i like a more goal-oriented approach to handing out xp. progress then becomes a matter of reaching goals, not killing things and taking treasure, per se. ^^ (though i'm sure some goals can be reached that way....) i have identified certain 'chapter break points' in each player's storyline already. most of you are not that far from reaching the first one. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    alright everyone. i have some good news and some bad news. as is my wont, i will start with the "bad" news. despite the fact that i've been spending only a fraction of my time with posting on rp and my other online projects, i've been spending too much time on the computer overall. i've noticed behavioral changes in the wife and boys that indicate that i'm too distant, or distracted, or busy... and i won't have that.

so i'll be spending a lot less time on the computer, and more time with the family. which means that the various online based projects and rp i'm involved with will take a serious hit in my attending to them.

the good news is that i will still make an effort to maintain involvement, but it will be more like a once or twice every month or three... or possibly even less often. i will be reachable via email, though much less often via pm or im. if you need to reach me, email me-or call if you have my number. ^^

again, this does not mean i am abandoning anyone, nor does it mean i am dropping anything, per se. if it does come to that somehow, someday, i will let everyone affected know specifically.
    it does mean, however, that there will be loooooong gaps between when i look in to take care of something. if anyone cannot work with this, i fully understand, please contact me to work out any details. =D

like the cat of proverb, i'll always come by again... eventually. ^^

another piece of good news, i have a second part time job, so i am busy learning the in's and out's of that one, in addition to learning the first one. i'm near a month at my first job, and just finished the first week at the second job. looking forward to being able to pay more of the bills, that's for sure!

questions, comments, and in general, communications are welcome!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck niji

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are a good man, Niji, for noticing before it was too late and caring enough to fix it. I shall check continuously for your posts and wait patiently. Have fun with your family! ^_^

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i'm going to try an experiment with arahira... she has a third-party vouched-for long history of dice-prejudice... that is, dice seem to hate her. as such, for a limited time of unspecified duration, i'm going to experiment with letting her roll three times for each event that requires a roll.

hopefully this will have one or more of several effects: breaking the streak, verifying that all forms of dice do indeed hate her, possibly suggest alternate methodologies of conflict resolution, affect her metaphysical inter-relationship with chaos theory, possibly suggesting alternate modalities of interaction with dice-like objects thus altering the nature of the relationship, or some heretofore un-realized alteration of potentiality.

this notification is a courtesy to the group at large, as i know that some, if not most of you, follow each others' stories. questions, comments, concerns, or anything regarding this situation should please be directed only to me. thank you! =D

in any case... "let's see what happens".
    Last edited by nijineko; 10-15-2009 at 07:20 PM.