Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: Your favorite Sci-Fi/Futuristic RPG of all time?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traveller (any incarnation)

17 17.35%
  • Shadowrun (any edition)

27 27.55%
  • Star Wars d20 (OCR, RCR, or SE)

25 25.51%
  • Star Wars d6

7 7.14%
  • Blue Planet

1 1.02%
  • Cyberpunk 2020

13 13.27%
  • Gamma World

12 12.24%
  • Star Frontiers

7 7.14%
  • Star Trek

7 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: You're favorite Sci-Fi/Futuristic RPG of all time?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by calico_jack73 View Post
    What? Where is Mechwarrior? I loved the Battletech universe and I never felt that I HAD to be a Mech pilot when I played. One of my favorite games involved a Special Forces character on an intel gathering mission.
    I never played the Mechwarrior RPG, but a friend of mine in high school tried to talk us into playing the Battletech RPG at one point. We never did play, but he xeroxed the mech "character sheets" and I took one home to look at it. I think it's probably best that we didn't play. Regardless, everyone voted either Star Wars, AD&D or Mage instead.

Though, years later, I did play a Glitter Boy in a short game of Rifts that someone ran. Started the game off seperated from my mech-suit and never did reacquire it before the game ended.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I never played the Mechwarrior RPG, but a friend of mine in high school tried to talk us into playing the Battletech RPG at one point. We never did play, but he xeroxed the mech "character sheets" and I took one home to look at it. I think it's probably best that we didn't play.
    This was my exact xp with Mechwarrior and Battletech also!! A friend in high school tried to get us to play, I took home a character sheet and that was it. Nothing. We ended up playing my horrible D&D game in which I managed to kill all the characters! Whew! I am a much better GM now!

I should mentioned that I killed them all in the first and last game session. For some reason they didn't want to play again with me as the DM. Go figure!
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I never played the Mechwarrior RPG, but a friend of mine in high school tried to talk us into playing the Battletech RPG at one point. We never did play, but he xeroxed the mech "character sheets" and I took one home to look at it. I think it's probably best that we didn't play. Regardless, everyone voted either Star Wars, AD&D or Mage instead.

Though, years later, I did play a Glitter Boy in a short game of Rifts that someone ran. Started the game off seperated from my mech-suit and never did reacquire it before the game ended.
    i acually got as far as making up a mech... had a custom charger mech that would have been awesome to play. 60 ton mech fully fitted with half-weight armor, engine and skel. moved 9-12-9!!! i probably shouldn't have splurged for the jump jets, but just imagine the looks on peoples faces when they see the plodding 60tonner take off!

i once had a mindmelter who managed to acquire a glitterboy from the ah... market... with his share of the spoils we found. had it outfitted with a holographic computer for projecting images of large boulders or small hills or piles of sand in an attempt to make the glitterboy have a stealth mode. ^^ he used the various mechanical control powers to remotely operate the glitterboy and to boost its abilities with stuff like mind sword, force shield and so on. =D loads of fun. being a loud-mouthed scrawny hyperactive little git, he usually managed to find a way to have the glitterboy walk up behind him, right about the time he really pissed someone off. ah... nostalgia.

and star frontiers totally rocked! all you need is the right source materials for when the roughly fifteen modules ran out.... ;D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You know I tried to get into Mechwarrior RPG myself back in Highschool. I just didn't understand the system well enough to run an "adventure" for it. I think now I could...and I think now I could do so brilliantly after playing the mechwarrior games on the XBox. I actually liked the character sheets myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What about the Ex Machina game put out by the now defunct Guardians of Order? I wasn't crazy about the Tri-Stat system, but the four settings (yes, I said *four*) in the book were just plain awesome....
    "If someone comes at you with a sword, run. Kung Fu doesn't always work."

~ Bruce Lee

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mongoose Traveller is my current favorite.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I said Star Trek, but I have played and enjoyed Gamma World and Star Frontiers. I used to love mixing Gamma World with Dungeons & Dragons.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Tremayne View Post
    New list:

Traveller
    Shadowrun
    Star Wars d20 (OCR, RCR, or SE)
    Star Wars d6
    Blue Planet
    Cyberpunk 2020
    Gamma World
    Star Frontiers
    Star Trek

Is this good?
    car wars! (i loved playing carwars!) robotech might technically count. d20future count? serenity? battlestar galactica?
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345