Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: WEG Star Wars?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Citadel View Post
    Beaumont Sebos Quote:
    Originally Posted by Inquisitor Tremayne
    Anyone still play the West End Games version of the Star Wars RPG?

Or

Anyone adapted any adventures from WEG to Saga or Revised?

I am considering it.

It's the only SW I play. I'm a GM of a campaign that has run for 12+ years. In fact, playing tomorrow night. Whoohoo!

sure rub it in...lol
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, the session was sub-par.

Too much beer and gossip.
    Beaumont Sebos

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://members.chello.nl/l.deckers3/main_page.html

While I am not real hot on his version of jedi abilities. It has a great deal of information that can be used. Personally I had used the Force abilities as spells. Linking them in the threads out of the d6 version of Star Wars.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am in a small game of WEG D6 star wars that is during the 10 year time frame between Episode 1 (phantom menace) & episode 2 (AOTC).

The story is only mediocre but I've always loved the D6 mechanics so it makes for a relatively fun afternoon.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WEG Star Wars will always be that "special" game for me. Some of the best games I ever played in ANY game system. I still love the system though I've started collecting SWSE and some minis.

-Vaz

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, WEG star wars has been the one that's endured the longest. The campaign started as my first real go at GMing and has been played with a number of my closer friends off and on now for about 16 years... At times we may have had up to maybe 10 or more players present in a single session... far more than what I could realistically manage, but now I've only had one player stick around for some gaming via chat for a long time with some interest from a few of the old friends off and on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm of the opinion that D6 is one of a handful of the best systems ever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcant View Post
    I'm of the opinion that D6 is one of a handful of the best systems ever.
    Seconded!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygalleons View Post
    Seconded!

Thirded!!!

"but hey, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong!" - Dennis Miller

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
    Thirded!!!
    Fourth...ded...?
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Fourth...ded...?
    Fifthed!

But only in the sense that it is in the "handful" of best systems ever.

I personally feel Saga is the best, but I will not hi-jack this thread with my Saga praising.

WEG d6 was the first RPG I played with a group! It holds a special place in my heart.
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I lean towards the thought that the generic D6 system may be the best system for cinematic style of play, even more so than generic d20. This is based on the number of dice used for action resolution, and the hero/fate/action point mechanics usually used for both systems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still play the WEG d6 version on occasion. I made the mistake of getting rid of a lot of my book, but found the 2nd edition Revised and Expanded on eBay for about $10, so I now have it again.

Most recently, I ran an adventure (Escape from Echo Base) using the d6 rules at Gen Con last year. It was a blast!

I would certainly consider playing or running a campaign of this system again. It's easy to learn and plays fast.
    JediSoth
    ENnie Awards Submissions Coordinator & Publisher Relations
    Writer, Editor, Graphic Designer, Foodie
    Follow me on Twitter! (@JediSoth)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a bunch of the WEG books, but have only used the Revised and Expanded to game with once.
    The Publishers regret that they can enter into no correspondence on the matter. If any correspondence is attempted, the attemptor is liable to being tracked down and made to engage in RPGs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It speaks to the enduring quality of WEG SW D6 that this thread was started in 2008, but the most recent post was lessthan a month ago. For me, too, it is one of the first gaming systems I ever played, and to this day it's my favorite -- some of the best times I've ever had in life were around a table with very good friends playing SW. If it weren't a thread hijack, I'd explain the phrase "I'll have what the wookie's having". As for ease of play, I read a post in this thread where someone talked about being able to walk a new player through character generation in under an hour. In D6, theprocess usually took about 20 minutes. Once I was a veteran player, I could have a character created in 5. Furthermore, the system was one of several, of varying level of complexity, that biased me against level-based RPG's. To this day, though I play D&D, Pathfinder, and D20 Modern, levels still grate on me and I long for the days of alotting my experience points to different aspects of my PC as I saw fit.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MementoMoron View Post
    If it weren't a thread hijack, I'd explain the phrase "I'll have what the wookie's having".
    My group includes such you-just-had-to-be-there lines as:

"What's a planet like this doing under a woman like you?"

...and...

"I don't know if it's the engine grease or the Twi'lek sweat but these snacks are addictive!"

As for ease of play, I read a post in this thread where someone talked about being able to walk a new player through character generation in under an hour. In D6, theprocess usually took about 20 minutes. Once I was a veteran player, I could have a character created in 5.
    Aye. The game is so streamlined and I've had it long enough that I could run the game from memory at this point. I barely need to crack the rulebook at all anymore (maybe for the less-common Force powers or for vehicle/starship stats).

Furthermore, the system was one of several, of varying level of complexity, that biased me against level-based RPG's. To this day, though I play D&D, Pathfinder, and D20 Modern, levels still grate on me and I long for the days of alotting my experience points to different aspects of my PC as I saw fit.
    I can understand. I think Star Wars D6 has had the same influence on me and my views on game design. "Level" systems just feel so artificial and restricting to me after spending my formative years with a "point-allocation" progression system.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast