Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: What are you currently reading?

Downloads
    Uploads

What are you currently reading?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I decided that I'd like to be completely nosy and ask. So, what are you, the general posters of PnPgames.com, reading? (Yes, you! And no, manuals don't count! )

At the moment I'm reading simultaniously:~
    Darkness and Light (Preludes 2; Dragonlance Saga)

Stone and Steel (Book 5, Preludes Dragonlance Saga.) Because I'm a doorknob of a kender, and got bored 5 pages into it and skipped over it to read book 6. Books 1-4 and 6 took me about a week to finish, nearly a book and half a day.

Dark Water by Koji Suzuki (Last of the Ring Cycle, I think?) I loved Ring and Spiral.I highly suggest Ring and Spiral-for those who like twisted suspense/paranormal. They're both more insane than all of the movies combined. I have both of them available on my bookcrossing shelf, if anyone would like to trade. I would also be up to doing a Book Spiral/Ray with all three once I was done with Dark Water.
    There's nothing to fear except fear itself and, of course, the boogeyman.

Co-Organizer of NEPA D&D and Stroudsburg Geeks. Member of Stroudsburg Area Gaming Association.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just finished a book by Phillip Hose Farmer called Strange Relations. It is a compilation of a novel and several short stories written back in the 1950's.

I have always known he was a great writter, but this is the first of his works I've acctually finished.

I tend more to scifi than fantacy, but I do read an occasional Warhammer novel.

My altime favorite story line is the berserker storys by Fred Saberhagen.
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just Finished Book one in the Pendragon Cycle by Lawhead..

In a few days.. Small Favors by Jim Butcher will be started
    Kore RPG - AP Podcast of Irreverent Humor
    Heroic Journey Publishing

Downloads
    Uploads
    i can't wait for the next dresden files book.......

Right now i was going to read the steampunk trilogy.. but i can just seem to get started.
    I do not play them here or there, I do not play them anywhere, I do not play them with a fox. I do not mash that button box. I do not like MMO games. In the end ther're all the same.
    -Tesral

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Currently I am reading "Eleanor of Aquitaine and the Four Kings" by Amy Kelly. My wife bought it for me while I was in the hospital. I have been wading through a couple of books about Mary, Queen of Scots that just dragged on and on. This one is not only intresting but well written.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've currently been addicted to the Dresden Files. I'm on Blood Rites (Book 6) at the moment and am eagerly awaiting Small Favor (Book 10) even though it will probably be a couple months before I catch up to it. Dresden Files is the best, most gripping and thoroughly awesome entertainment fiction I've read in a long, long time.

Once I'm done digesting those books, I'll probably reread my H.P. Lovecraft collections, followed by Robert E. Howard's Conan and Solomon Kane anthologies. Then, there's still 1001 Arabian Nights sitting on my shelf that needs returned to and I've been really wanting to read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy again.

My wife is reading Dracula right now which makes me realize that I need to as well.

So many books, so little time...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i recently read "the crimson shadow" trilogy, "komarr", "a civil campaign", "elantris", "the riddlemaster of hed" trilogy, and the "cygnet" duet.

i typically read an average of a book a day, unless i'm forcing myself to go slow, or something else is demanding my time.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just bought the Illuminatus trilogy, I'll read it seriously as soon as I've finished the Amber cycle which I've read for something like the fourth time.
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Gunslinger series by Stephen King.

FNORD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boulet View Post
    I just bought the Illuminatus trilogy, I'll read it seriously as soon as I've finished the Amber cycle which I've read for something like the fourth time.
    I loved reading the Illuminatus! trilogy. Those books win the best mindf--- award of all time.

(In case someone's not familiar with them, the point-of-view shifts from character to character, and back and forward in time without warning. And a lot of the time the current point-of-view is on drugs, and the whole plot revolves around a ton of conspiracy theories, so you never really know what to believe. It makes it a wild read.)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was trying to get through the Elfstones of Shannara, but I just couldn't get into the story. I should have known better when the Sword of Shannara--the first book in the series--was a blatant ripoff of Lord of the Rings down to the evil witch king, the enigmatic wizard type, a corrupting sorcerer, and an epic class of the good races versus the evil races.

So, after getting about halfway through the Elfstones, I had to put it down. I've been reading a little outside of the genre since then. Last book I finished was the Judas Strain by James Rollins. And actually, I was able to pull a D&D adventure out of that in the form of a necrotizing fasciitis with a darker purposes that transforms its victims. Muhahahaha!

I also just picked up and started on Deep Storm by Lincoln Child. Once again, completely outside of Fantasy and Sci-Fi, but I needed a change of pace for a while.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After all the reading and a couple of posts on the Dragons of Autumn Twilight movie thread, I dug out the books and started with The Meetings Sextet group. So far I've read Kindred Spirits and Wanderlust. I'm currently reading Dark Heart. Have not got to do as much reading as Anaesthesia has got to do.

Actually, I think Anaesthesia mistakenly listed Steel and Stone as being in the Preludes trilogy, when it is book 5 of The Meetings Sextet. Preludes and Preludes II fall between The Mettings Sextet group and the Chronicles Trilogy. Also, Darkness and Light is in the Preludes, as opposed to Preludes II.
    Last edited by cplmac; 03-29-2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: add book listing

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Farcaster, I know what you mean about the Sword of Shannara. My wife read the book and just loved it. It was her first fantasy book. She gave it to me to read and was mad at me the whole time I was reading it because she would ask me where I was in the book and rather than tell her where I was I would tell her what was going to happen next, like, I am reading where they are going to do this or this is going to happen. She hated me because somehow I knew what was going to happen before I read it. Then I explained to her how it was a copy of The Lord of the Rings books. She has yet to read them because they move too slowly for her, which explains a lot. lol

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just finished the Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series by Tad Williams, which was a great read (my review here).

Today I picked up The Automatic Detective by A. Lee Martinez -- I need a break from fantasy, and this seems kitschy in the right way.
    --
    Grimwell

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm currently reading The Gates of Night, The Dreaming Dark Part III and Darth Bane; The Path of Destruction.

That's not including the regular comics I read;

Star Wars Legacy
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
    Star Wars Dark Times
    Star Wars Rebellion

I just finished reading The Rise of Darth Vader. An excellent read that answers a lot of questions!
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast