Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What are you currently reading? - Page 24
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: What are you currently reading?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    You can select which device it goes to. The nice thing is that it keeps all devices synced so if you read on your PC in the morning and that night read on your Kindle or iPad you are where you left off on your PC. If you buy an eBook from Black Library they send you a download link to get the actual file which you can either 1) transfer to your device via a USB cable or 2) email it to your kindle account address and then you can manage it just as if you had bought it on Amazon.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My problem with Black library is that they require you to allow 'their carefully chosen third parties (plural) cookies' just to go and view their web page. When I asked them about it, they lied and said it was required by their country to do so. Not! So, since then, I never go to their site anymore. Now, I do my Warhammer novel searches via Amazon, ebay, and other sites.

Here's there exact statement for anyone that wishes to see:

"To help us continually offer you the best experience on blacklibrary.com and help us manage the site, we and carefully selected third parties will store some information on your computer using cookies. Only by allowing us to store cookies on your computer can you browse the website and see the entire range of our great products."
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 02-27-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by calico_jack73 View Post
    You can select which device it goes to. The nice thing is that it keeps all devices synced so if you read on your PC in the morning and that night read on your Kindle or iPad you are where you left off on your PC....
    Nice!
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Taking a break from my 40K books... now I am reading Rendezvous with Rama and am LOVING IT!!! Don't know how I went all these years without reading it.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

I read Rendezvous with Rama for the first time only 6 months ago. It is a great book, no question. I just picked up The Mote in Gods Eye, and plan to begin reading it later this month. I hear good things.

Quote Originally Posted by calico_jack73 View Post
    Taking a break from my 40K books... now I am reading Rendezvous with Rama and am LOVING IT!!! Don't know how I went all these years without reading it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I just finished "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" by Phillip Dick which I had been meaning to read for ages. Now I am reading "A Voyage to Arcturus" which was written in 1920 by David Lindsey and was apparently well received so I will give it a day in court.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    'GODMAN' by Kirpal Singh. Good stuff.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i've read another ≈30-50 books since the last time i posted... maybe more. i lost count. currently reading gene wolfe's knight and wizard series. another one of those that is very much in the vein of epic fantasy.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Once I finish reading my current book (see above), then I plan to begin reading Death's City, Death's Legacy, then The Chronicles of the Black Company, omnibus. Can't wait! They are en route to my home from Amazon as I write this.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    read the author's cut of Enemy Mine, the version he will most likely force you to read on the spot at gunpoint should you ever tell him that you like the movie. filled in with some timothy zahn books. interspersed with some other random sci-fi, like the marduk nine book translated from the japanese. finished off a couple of excellent s.l. engdahl series.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tend toward SciFi and Fantasy (John Dalmas [who I personally know], Raymond Fiest, Wiess and Hickman, R.A. Salvatore, Anne Rice, Steve Perry, Author C. Clarke, etc. I do from time to time read outside the genre with books by Louis L'Amour for example. Am currently re-reading an non-fiction book about the discovery of the third version of the Ebola Virus (E.Reston) in Reston, VA, U.S.A. it's called Hot Zone by Richard Preston. Happy Reading!!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    now i've been reading and watching random manga and anime. just an episode/book or four here and there until i run into something i don't like, or it fails to capture my attention by then.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm currently reading Death's City, by Sandy Mitchell. Good stuff.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am enjoying a novel written by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory called "The Phoenix Endangered". It is the second book to a trilogy.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324