Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: What are you currently reading?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Tremayne View Post
    Han and Leia wicked!!?? No, they are not. In fact one thing that bothers me is that it is mentioned several times how much of a killer Han ISN'T!!! For those of you who feel strongly that Han did indeed shoot first.

Han and Leia for the most part are background characters. The story centers on their two kids, Jacen and Jaina, and Luke and Mara's son, Ben.

The Galactic Alliance is struggling to hold the galaxy together while Corellia is wanting to form its own naval fleet and does so in secret AND they are trying to bring Centerpoint station back online!

The Jedi Council, is struggling with its place in the Galaxy, since it doesn't want to be a participant in a war that they can't seem to avoid.

Jacen Solo feels it's his duty to bring peace to the galaxy, ala his grandfather Anakin.

Ben Skywalker is Jacen's apprentice and struggles with wanting to be a grown up and not recognized as a Skywalker and how dark his master, Jacen , is becoming.

Jaina feels her brother slipping to the dark side but is fearful to confront him about it.

A mysterious Sith lady has reappeared and is manipulating the events of the Galaxy.

So all in all it has a grey mood. Not everything is as it seems and the lines between right and wrong and justice and chaos are blurred.

I recommend them!
    "Wicked" was a poor choice of words. My point of Han and Leia was based off of the '70's flick.

As i said, i havent read any of the books* and found myself having trouble buying books with those two characters on the cover. I know, i know, i have some kind of weird hang-up with those 2.

I did read the Sith book that took place right before Episode 1. I enjoyed it.

Thoth-Amon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    "Wicked" was a poor choice of words. My point of Han and Leia was based off of the '70's flick.

As i said, i havent read any of the books* and found myself having trouble buying books with those two characters on the cover. I know, i know, i have some kind of weird hang-up with those 2.

I did read the Sith book that took place right before Episode 1. I enjoyed it.

Thoth-Amon
    don't worry, i, for one, got the "wicked-awesome" meaning over the "wicked-evil" meaning, i guess being an 80's teenager, and having a few friends from boston will do that, though
    "well, g'night! dont let the flesh eating demon bed babies bite!!"
    facebook.com/houstonderek

Downloads
    Uploads
    i am currently read the 4th book in the "percy jackson and the olympians" series.

I just finished the first book to the heir of ash series which was pretty good and wait to read the next one.
    I do not play them here or there, I do not play them anywhere, I do not play them with a fox. I do not mash that button box. I do not like MMO games. In the end ther're all the same.
    -Tesral

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently finished Bram Stoker's Dracula. I recommend it to anyone who likes horror games.
    "Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth." - JFK

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    - Noam Chomsky

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Engar View Post
    I recently finished Bram Stoker's Dracula. I recommend it to anyone who likes horror games.
    I need to re-read Dracula, if only because the Black Court vampires of the Dresden Files are so heavily inspired by Stoker's fiction.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm currently reading The Fionavar Tapastry by Guy Gavriel Kay. It's an awsome trilogy all in one book. this is my 5th time reading this book and it gets better every time i read it.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Finishing up Curse Of The Necrarch, by Seven Savile. Next up, Shaman Slayer, with the hero's Gotrek and Felix. Can't wait.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am reading GURPS campaigns 4th ed. and listening to "Radio Coup" by Mobius Band.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm currently reading The Lords of the North By Bernard Cornwell. This is book 3 of his Saxon series. Tells the story of England during the 9th century and how Alfred the Great united the country. I always go to Bernard for my historical fiction.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pathfinder Core Rule Book, Pathfinder Council of Thieves #1 "Bastards of Erebus" & Pathfinder Companion "Cheliax Empire of Devils"
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm now reading Shamanslayer (see above) and enjoying it immensely.
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just finished a novel about Henry the 8th and his court. In between reading chapters of "handling and restraint" of animals, I'm rereading "I,Strahd".
    Q: How many Call of Cthulhu players does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: All of them, because you never, EVER split the party!

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by traesin View Post
    Just finished a novel about Henry the 8th and his court. In between reading chapters of "handling and restraint" of animals, I'm rereading "I,Strahd".
    Good choice! One of my all-time faves and should be required reading for all players of Ravenloft. I'd let my f2f players read my hardback copy but I'm afraid I'd never get it back.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just finished reading "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss, a book I HIGHLY recommend to anyone interested at all in good story-telling. I'm currently reading "World Mythology", a textbook on its namesake that I'm finding vastly fascinating, though I'm supposed to be reading "Scar Night" by Alan Campbell that my coworker lent me.
    Parentheses are (not) important.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearfoot_Adam View Post
    I'm currently reading The Lords of the North By Bernard Cornwell. This is book 3 of his Saxon series. Tells the story of England during the 9th century and how Alfred the Great united the country. I always go to Bernard for my historical fiction.
    Good to know. I will have to check out Bernard's work.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast