Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: What are you currently reading?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This thread.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Actually, would reading the "Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" campaign module count, since I am currently working on getting this ready to run for a new tabletop group?
    "You go 50 feet and come to a Y."

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Module: Greyhawk Adventures: Greyhawk Ruins, by Blake Mobley & Tomothy B. Brown
    Novel: Greyhawk Adventures: Saga the Old City (book 1), by Gary Gygax
    Novel: Warhammer: Death and Dishonour, by multiple authors
    Novel: Perry Rhodan: Enterprise Stardust (book 1), by K.H. Scheer & Ernsting
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 01-31-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Malruhn View Post
    "Dragon's Ring" by Dave Freer.
    It's out of the ordinary for me to read about a female lead character - but the intrigue and subterfuge are just amazing in this book. Also, the way I like to start new characters in my world is to have them originate from an out-of-the-way back-water - so they experience the full on, "OMG" with mouths agape when they hit the "big city" - and this book has it in SPADES!!

I have about 80 pages left, and it seems to be heading to a glorious ending. I haven't been able to figure out how it will end - which is a HUGE plus in my book.

BRAVO, Mr. Freer!!!
    Done. About 20 pages from the end, I figured it all out... and was VERY pleasantly surprised to be TOTALLY wrong!! Freer has done a great job on this book.

Next up, more research for my campaign world: "Merchants and Moneymen - The Commercial Revolution, 1000-1500" by Joseph and Frances Gies. Yeah, it sounds boring as hell, but it's to keep the air of reality in my campaign world.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dragon's Ring never heard of that one where did you buy it?
    "Hey wich one of you punks stole Dr.Rockso's banana?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe I picked it up on the 6"x6" section of fantasy books at Wal*Mart. There's not much for sci-fi/Fantasy here in Alabama...

One of the things that I really like about it is that it COULD be continued in a sequel - or it is just as good sitting as a stand-alone novel. I DESPISE books that just set up an unwritten sequel and leave you hanging - and this was NOT one of those. The characters were believable, their motivations clearly explained (once you were told, anyway), and there were some cool twists in how we view various races in D&D (sahuagin are the "cleaners" of the seas, collecting dead bodies, shaving their hair and weaving beautiful "soul nets" that help the drowned sailors' souls find peace - or else the seas would be overpopulated with ghosts and wandering spirits!!) An aspiring DM/GM can get a GREAT insight on how secret societies work and how REAL schemers work behind the scenes. I could VERY easily have seen this book play out around a table, surrounded by geeks with dice in their hands. Freer is a good story-teller.

Here's a linky to the book on Amazon for the low, low price of 1.93 for a used copy.

And in doing that search, I find that there _IS_ a sequel being released this April (Dog and Dragon). I will wait for the paperback and snatch it up as soon as it comes out.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Having never done much with cyberpunk, aside from a pair of Shadowrun games, I thought

Aside from a pair of Shadowrun games and watching Bladerunner I've never done spent much time in the cyberpunk setting. I thought I'd change that, and I'm reading Neuromancer.

I've done even less with steampunk, perhaps I'll dig up some stories in that genre next.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm reading a couple different things right now.

Star Wars: Darth Plagueis
    One of Don Pendleton's The Executioner books called Volatile Agent.
    I also just got the Daniel X series and want to start reading that too. And I've been itching to read The Lord of the Rings again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am currently reading the last book about Harry Potter - being absolutely busy, I couldn't get to it earlier... I have to say, I quite like it so far.
    http://freemkvtoaviconverter.com
    how to convert mkv to avi

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am currently reading the book Dan Harrington, this book consists of how to play the poker game with step by step procedure. All the harrington books are very interesting and very easy to learn the game. Overall to say, this book is simple but very powerful.
    playing online roulette tips

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey,
    I am lewischristo. I like reading books. Reading books is best source of entertainment.My favorite writter is shakespear dramas. To read the shakespear dramas at@watch-six-feet-under-online dot com.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    safehold series by david weber
    a few other random books by same
    cordelia's honor and cryoburn by louis mcmaster bujold i recommend the whole series in chronological order
    artimus fowl series second half
    encyclopedia brown to my boys
    keys of the kingdom 4-6 by garth nix

been on a sci-fi fantasy bent lately... ie: managed to go to the local library and am catching up. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    These days i am reading "2 states" it is about a story of boy and girl who belong to different region. Its a love story of them. It is written by Chetan Bhagat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just start reading 2 States a love story written by Chetan Bhagat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Harry Potter movie Series book

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Guys,Iím currently reading a craft book for my cousin as in his school have craft exhibition of portrait making.So,I;m looking for tracing and embossed paper for such portrait in craft book. My friend suggested me one click stationery.co.uk,and said that all cheap stationery related to craft you can find here at reasonable prices.