Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: What are you currently reading?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Nearly done with The Quillian Sector by E. C. Tubb; his Dumarest of Terra novels are an occasional semi-guilty pleasure for me... Next up is Sandstorm by James Rollins.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Outcast
    Looking over my bookshelf for something else to pass the time on the bus rides to and from work. Push aside some dust and see Dark Sun novels. I don't remember buying those, I certainly haven't read them yet. I hope whoever loaned it to me wasn't expecting it back soon.

I also noticed that a whole bunch of Lovecraft's book are available free in epub format over here. I'll be loading up my nook with those soon.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Musashi

Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just finished Raymond Feist's re-release of Magician for the Nth time. Very nice.

I also just finished Orson Scott Card's new(er) book, Ender in Exile. OMG it's a good book! Now I'm going to be going back and re-reading all of them (again).

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every Grain of Rice, by Ellen Blonder and Annabel Low. It is a Chinese-American cookbook interspersed with an autobiographical account of growing up as second-generation Chinese-American farmers in California during the middle of the twentieth century. I was pleased and interested to find that the recipes match my personal taste, and the ingredients strike a balance between tradition and regional availability that I find favorable. Sorry, no immediate plans to incorporate anything from the book into the games I run.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I realize that we're supposed to only post with books we've read - but I have to say that Every Grain of Rice sound REALLY interesting!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm currently reading Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind. This is the second book in the Sword of Truth series. My sister, who is not that much in fantasy, got me into this series. I also heard that there was a show based on the novels called "Legend of the Seeker", but haven't got the chance to watch it. I've been enjoying the series because it is a different pace to my normal reading material set in the Star Wars or Forgotten Realms universes.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Land of Black Gold, by Herge. I think I'm going to reread all of my Tintin adventures before the movie comes out at the end of the year.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This one's for Sascha. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan, The Untold Adventures of the SOS Brigade. Volume 2. "For now, pretend that Yuki is an alien."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Harry Turtledove World War Series.
    "Hey wich one of you punks stole Dr.Rockso's banana?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm anxiously waiting for A Dance with Dragons to come out, but have been reading all the precursor novels again while I wait. A Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, Storm of Swords and Feast for Crows have consumed the last month or so of reading time.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    This one's for Sascha. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan, The Untold Adventures of the SOS Brigade. Volume 2. "For now, pretend that Yuki is an alien."
    ^_^

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never thought I would like Asakura. However, now that Yuki's keeping her as the resident housekeeper/plaything, she is turning into one of my favorite characters. "No trace remains of her former glory," indeed. On to the new reading material...

Sunshine Sketch, Volume 5
    by Aoki Ume. Previously her best-known work, Ms. Aoki has gained some measure of recent fame as the character designer for the groundbreaking series Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Sunshine Sketch is a very easygoing story of four (recently six) mostly art students who all happen to live in a small apartment complex across the street from where they attend classes. I always look forward to the next volume coming out, and reading a story at bedtime is a surefire way to guarantee me a peaceful night's rest. My favorite character is certainly Miyako, who reminds me of a certain old friend, but summarizing her personality probably wouldn't do her justice, as it's the subtleties in her character that I enjoy the most.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    I never thought I would like Asakura. However, now that Yuki's keeping her as the resident housekeeper/plaything, she is turning into one of my favorite characters. "No trace remains of her former glory," indeed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just finished reading _The Man in the Yellow Boat_, which is a collection of WWII short stories by C.S. Forester. I'm currently re-reading Edward Gibbon's _The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire_. I'll probably sneak in a quick romance novel in-between each of the six books.

-- Ann