Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Elder Scrolls Conversion

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Elder Scrolls Conversion

Please Comment, Add, Make Corrections... I'm basing it on Oblivion just to make it simple. The content comes from http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page then I try to convert it into GURPS 4e. I may need to make some logical changes in the end (like night vision for elves) for things not covered by the wiki. I'm also not sure how to handle magic, right now I'm converting it to GURPS magic but I'm not sure I like that any suggestions would be appreciated.

Altmer: IQ +1 (20), ST -2 (-20), Speed -1(-20)
    Magery 1 (15), Resist Desease +8 (5), Vulnerability to Fire (-8), Frost(-5) & Shock(-5)all at 1.25 x Damage, Fatigue +10 (30)
    Seek Water (1), Seek Coastline (1), Purify Water (1), Create Water (1), Counterspell (1), Sense Life (1)
    Herbal Lore (1), Icy Weapon (1), Simple Illusion (1), Language: High Elven (0), Language: Imperial (4)
    Total: 25 pts

Argonian:
    DX +1 (20), Speed +1 (20), HT -2 (-20), Will -4(-20), Ugly(-8)
    Magery 0 (5), Immune to Toxin (15), Water Breathing: Gills (10), Cannot Learn Languages Above Broken (-5).
    Swimming (2), Lockpicking (2), Herbal Lore (1), Broadsword (1), Brawl (1), Simple Illusion (1), Sense Life (1), Language: Argonian (0), Language: Imperial (2)
    Total: 28 pts

Bosmer:
    DX +1 (20), Speed +1 (20), ST -2 (-20), HT -2 (-20), Will -4 (-20)
    Resist Desiease +8 (5), Speak with Animals (25)
    Herb Lore (2), Bow (2), Stealth (2), Acrobatics (1), Climbing (1), Leatherworking (1), Language: Wood Elf (0), Language: Imperial (4), Language: High Elven (2).
    Total: 26 pts

Brenton:
    IQ + 1 (20), Will +4 (20), DX -1 (-20), Speed -1 (-20), HT -2 (-20)
    Magery 2 (25),
    Lend Energy (1), Lend Vitality (1), Beast-Soother (1), Control Animal (1), Sense Foes (1), Sense Life (1), Ignite Fire (1), Herb Lore (1), Simple Illusion (1) Magical Resistance (1),Itch (1), Light (1), Scryguard (1), Spell Shield (1), Recover Energy(1),
    Total: 21 pts.
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't want to sound snotty or condescending but why ? I mean the Elder Scrolls series are as good games as they come on computers and consoles... still they're cheap stuff compared to tabletop games and their rich and documented settings. I'm curious what is so special about this setting that you want to translate it into pen and paper.
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because I completely disagree with what you just said. I've been playing since daggerfall and I actually go out and hunt for the lore books in game trying to complete the libraries. Theres probably 1000+ lore books across the games with an average page size of 4... Thats a lot of material and you can always throw in Redguard and the offshoot games. Also things like Forgotten Realms are way too developed IMHO. Personally I like the races (nothing bran spanking new but I feel its a good mix and not the standard D&D set, though similar) classes, astrology, history, world... It appeals to me. Now none of this is bran new or totally different but its different in all the right ways to appeal to my tastes.
    Last edited by MortonStromgal; 03-18-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MortonStromgal View Post
    It appeals to me. Now none of this is bran new or totally different but its different in all the right ways to appeal to my tastes.
    I agree with you. I started with Morrowind and was hooked. I have Oblivion and its spin-offs. I like the world, races, cultures, history, and level of detail.

I started my own D6 Legendary conversion a while back. I should get back to it and finish it.

Keep up the GURPS conversion, it looks good!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I didn't see it this way but I get your point.
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Big Change, the GURPS forums suggested I use Powers not the Magic rules for the magic system. After looking it over I agree. Here is a new Altmer

IQ +1 (20), ST -2 (-20), Speed -1(-20)
    Resist Desease +8 (5), Vulnerability to Fire (-8), Frost(-5) & Shock(-5)all at 1.25 x Damage, Fatigue +10 (30)
    Language: High Elven (0), Language: Imperial (4), Alteration (2), Destruction (2), Mysticism (2), Alchemy(1),Conjuring (1), Illusion (1),

Downloads
    Uploads
    looks good u still doing it???

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've read through powers but haven't spent the time to really write anything down yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was interested in your project. I've been doing this myself as well. I have tooled with several setting (the feel is more important to me than the mechanics), but I like the options GURPS offers for characters. The Elder Scrolls is a great setting. It's far more interesting and fleshed out than many table top rpg's are.
    “If the lion was advised by the Fox, he would be cunning.” - William Blake