Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Deadlands Character question

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Deadlands Character question

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello, I am new to the site and to Deadlands. I have a question about creating a character in the Deadlands theme. I wish to make a charismatic businessman(Gun runner) thrown into adventuring and I was wondering how people thought that could be best achieved. Thanks for any and all help you can provide.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this using the Savage Worlds version of Deadlands?
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, sorry I did not specify.

Downloads
    Uploads

Question

So yes, a character in the Savage Worlds setting of Deadlands: Reloaded. Opinions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have the SW or Deadlands Reloaded books in front of me, but from memory, I'd consider going with higher Smarts and Spirit stats than the rest. For skills, go with Persuasion, Streetwise, Notice and possibly on or more Knowledges (ask GM what best Knowledges to take). You could also get Intimidation if were inclined to bully your way out of fights, remembering that if you don't successfully Intimidate your opponent, you might end up fighting though.

You might want to consider taking Guts as well, depending on how scary the GM is going to make the campaign, so you won't be hesitating at the worst possible time!

For Edges, I'd concentrate on things that improve the Charisma/Salesman/Persuasion aspects of the character. I think there's an Professional Edge called Snake Oil Salesman in the Reloaded book, but don't remember for sure. Might want to look at that.

As far as Hindrances to get more points for character building, not really sure what you'd want to take, depends on the concept you have for the character. That's about all I can think of at the moment, hope it's helpful and I'll add more if I come with anything else.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much, that is very much along the lines that I was thinking of doing, I didn't have the points to get notice since I took Knowledge (Firearms) and repair to fit the gun runner aspect. I put Persuasion and Streetwise as high as I could before paying two points per each while still at least getting Guts. Also you are right about that edge and that edge will be my character's first advance. I took some comical flaws and hinderances: Quirk (Parley?), Enemy Minor (Thomas Osprey), and Vengeful Major.
    With that the got the Edges Rich and Charismatic. Thank you again for your help, I may want to rewrite this character with a little more notice(read: any notice at all).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome.

Hope you have fun playing the character.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime