Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: War Machines

Downloads
    Uploads

War Machines

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    War machines & siege engines.... what does everyone this is the best source for RPG info on these?

There have been a bunch of books since 1e detailing these. The most recent would be the "Heroes of Battle" supplement for 3e. I'm gearing up to run a large scale battle involving dwarves & goblins & I'd like to make use of dwarven war machines & have the goblins use simple, yet wicked, battle wagons & such.

Anyone care to comment?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds fun! Make sure to share any war stories this campaign creates!

There are a few listed in the DMG, pg 99-100 (Catapults, Ballistae, even rams and siege towers). The Ballista is just a Huge heavy crossbow, so I bet other weapons could get the same kind of treatment to make them bigger (A catapult launching Huge size alchemists fire anyone?).

There are some in the Arms & Equipment guide right? I know they have rules for vehicle movement and such, so I imagine they have siege equipment.
    Edit: I did a search on rpgNow and found some interesting stuff: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.p...ers=100_0_1100

This gives information about an underground army of dwarves in a cheap downloadable PDF using the D&D compatible OGL liscense. If you look at the bottom, of this summary you can see a bundle of a group of items called "Feast of crows," which is a system of abstracting large battles. The same publisher also offers a pdf with info about a goblin army. Very interesting.
    Last edited by Maelstrom; 03-15-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Developer for Darkage Warlord, a Pen & Paper Games exclusive Medieval Wargame.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not totally positive, but do I seem to recall there being books about the different races ( i.e. The Complete Book of Elves)? If so, would there be one about dwarves and is the type of information you seek in these books? Just a random thought, since it has been a long while since I was last in one of the local book stores.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally forgot my old copy of the Complete book of dwarves (2e)

It has some nifty things in it...

I've even googled some snapshots of Warhammer minis that looked cool to me & plan to try to stat them out- I wanna use rules to help the actual combat run smoothly, but nothing too complicated that will take away from the fun... that's the trick now, ain't it??

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to see that the ole noggin isn't totally full of cobwebs yet.