Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Banned

Downloads
    Uploads

Banned

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I am curious about a number of posts with the word "banned" below the user name. Now, at the risk of sounding quite naive, does that mean that user was banned? A number of the "banned" user posts come from users who are rated as "Legendary" or the like and seem intelligent and fairminded. That begs the question for me, what are these folks doing to get themselves banned?
    "Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth." - JFK

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    - Noam Chomsky

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are exceedingly few people who have actually been banned here. Of all of the accounts that were banned, most were accounts created by spam bots. There is notably one member who was banned who was very active and had an enormous post count. But, that member actually had five accounts. This was one of the many reasons he was banned, because he was using his various screen names to publicly flame people and then use his other aliases to back himself up.

So, fear not. It is very rare, and we only ban a member upon very careful consideration and as a last resort... Or when we determine that an account is was created solely to spam advertisements.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there alot of spam advertisement activity or is it relatively a non-issue?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There used to be a lot more, but after we changed from the graphic verification to a registration question, it pretty much stopped after that.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Once again, just another reason that makes this site more enjoyable to be on than some of the others that are out there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ditto on what Farcaster said...

Quote Originally Posted by Engar View Post
    I am curious about a number of posts with the word "banned" below the user name. Now, at the risk of sounding quite naive, does that mean that user was banned? A number of the "banned" user posts come from users who are rated as "Legendary" or the like and seem intelligent and fairminded. That begs the question for me, what are these folks doing to get themselves banned?
    I shall remain nameless,, but dare I say that speaking from experience the moderators on this board are very patient with real people trying to post nicely...

Okay, let me admit it...I don't want to EVER see those Farcaster <> ME exchanges AGAIN! By all means hit those little "!" icons and shut me up!

Yeah gad...just never ever print that stuff out Farcaster should I meet you in real life!

OKAY, please...
    Peace "We are that which we repeatedly do. Excellence is not an act but a habit. Our intents are manifest in our words, our actions, our songs, and our play. May we all know peace."