Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Question about using mini's - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question about using mini's

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I am unsure if what I read was the skirmish rules or not. I made a copy of the comprehensive rules as well as the regular rules for later perusal. are these the rules that originally came with the miniatures starter set? I actually have the 4th ed(?) starter set, but I never really used them for the seperate game, just as miniatures for my RPG campaign. As for what I mentioned in my last post, I was thinking of possibly using the miniatures and adapting the cards from the "skirmish" game to be used on a more larger scale (ala AT-43 Tactics). I am unsure if there is another personal combat style game out there but I think that WarHammer may also have rules for single-figure combat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I only started using mini's in the past 4 years or so when a new group I joined had them ... I was instantly hooked. Especially since they didn't use any of the plastic one, they were all high quality metal mini's from various artists that the players hand painted themselves.

I began buying them and painting them too, I have about 30 or so now, but the people I was playing with in Florida had boxes of them they'd bring to the games. And I mean like paper-ream boxes full of them in their own storage containers.

We'd lay out a 3x5 battle mat and use markers to outline walls and terrain and place the minis within. The mat was large enough to warrant the use of the little mechanical litter claws with the trigger grip for those on the longitudinal ends and their minis were in the middle or other side.

I saw over on WotC boards that some people use a laptop with a mapping program hooked up to a projector that looked pretty cool too.
    "If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle...SKYDIVE!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonmagRT View Post
    I am unsure if what I read was the skirmish rules or not. I made a copy of the comprehensive rules as well as the regular rules for later perusal. are these the rules that originally came with the miniatures starter set? I actually have the 4th ed(?) starter set, but I never really used them for the seperate game, just as miniatures for my RPG campaign. As for what I mentioned in my last post, I was thinking of possibly using the miniatures and adapting the cards from the "skirmish" game to be used on a more larger scale (ala AT-43 Tactics). I am unsure if there is another personal combat style game out there but I think that WarHammer may also have rules for single-figure combat.
    Long story there about rules. The group of players now running the skirmish game www.ddmguild.com have redone all of the rules and eratta onad condensed it down into a 20 odd page easy to follow rule book. It's available on their web site. Things got way out of had after the Starter set rule book came out. We had that book plus it seemed like every other week WoTC was issueing new eratta. The Guild is also in the process of issueing cards for skirmish play with any clarifications or unique rules incorported righ tonot the card so you will hardly ever need to look up some obscure rule.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

simple use

I simply throw down a dry erase 8.5x11 and work with that - you can get them bigger, and you can use just paper. In using paper, i just drop some dice to show corners/boundaries and thats just as easy with a group used to it. I find it really clarifies a lot of things when it comes to combat. I quit using them for a while, but i'm going to start again because i get tired of the arguments of who is where and what can be done from position.

Incarna; Role-Playing Game System
    www.incarna.net
    Running: 3+ campaigns set in single custom milieu world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for clearing that up for me, Tecliss44. I have never used the rules which came with the starter set for 4th ed, In fact, I lent them to my roommate and he lost them. I have dowloaded the rule set from ddmguild and need to read them. In any case, I will use whichever ruleset I think will be easiest and more fun for the players.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123