Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AG16: General Announcements

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

AG16: general announcements

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    welcome to the "Anything Goes 16" campaign run by nijineko.

this will be an easy-going campaign for you to try out whatever you want, within very few limits. the storyline might meander or jump, and will be focused on not much in particular. you'll just have to wait and see how it develops!
    Last edited by nijineko; 03-08-2008 at 12:13 AM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

campaign rules

so, here they are. and not too many at that.

all official 100% wotc content materials allowed, with two exceptions. this includes the books, the website, and dungeon and dragon magazines. ruleset is 3.5, with any 3.0 material that does not have an official 3.5 update also being allowed. the two exceptions are the books 'boed' and 'bovd'. no material that appears in either of these sources is permitted, even if that same material also appears elsewhere, unless the material in question was published prior. in such a case the burden of proof of reference lies upon the player.

stat generation method is online with me via approved method and software, typically 'crystalball lite' and the '3-columns-of-6-sets-of-4d6-keep-3' method.

characters are to include well-thought out background, extensive is preferred.

campaign world is 'greyhawk variant'.

gaming method is play-by-post. i will do my best, considering rl situations, to set the example of posting something "in campaign context" at least once a week. i hope that everyone will follow this example. quicker posting is potentially possible, if rl allows it. if need be, a posting initiative order can be established, to aid in knowing when it's one's turn to act.

other guidelines may be added as needed. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it was brought to my attention that using level adjusted races could be covered in more detail.

basically, they are allowed. monstrous hit dice (if any) plus level adjustment plus class levels must not exceed 16. one good example is a thri-kreen. they have two monstrous hit dice, and a level adjustment of +2 for a total ecl of 4. this leaves you with up to 12 levels to select classes and prestige and so forth.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i'm hoping to start within a couple of weeks. sooner is a (very) slight possibility. i'd like the characters to be in within 5-ish days, if possible, so i have time to tweak any npcs that might be joining the group.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the "in-character context" thread is now open for posting! let the game begin!

i would like to ask everyone to invent a(some) reason(s) as to why your character has buisness or pleasure in the town of Tradestop. With regard to that, i will present some commonly known information about Tradestop.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    brief pause to the game, as i receive and review kranchan's character sheet. =D

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    ruleset is 3.5, with any 3.0 material that does not have an official 3.5 update also being allowed.
    it occurs to me that i could be more clear about (at least) one of the implications of this particular rule... whenever there is a 3.5 version, or even a republication of an earlier version, i request that the latest version be used. this applies especially to spells, also to feats and classes and prestige. oddly enough, however, i will not likely require it of magic items... but i may have to adjust the cost/value of said item. if you have what you think might be an exception, or a really, really, good reason, then point me to both versions and make your case.

i'll examine it and let you know what the decision is. =D in this particular campaign, i've even been known to allow an interesting spell or item from previous editions. (i may make you pay a research cost for a unique spell, and restat and recost the item, depending.)
    Last edited by nijineko; 04-05-2008 at 11:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    clarification concerning the unearthed arcana:

optional rules that affect characters individually are fine as they are. if the optional rule that you want to use would affect everyone in the party, then that of course needs to be brought to me and i will bring it to the group. for example, using the optional trait rules is fine, but using the DR instead of AC for armor rule would affect everyone, thus would need to be run past me, and i would run it past the group.

clarification about magic item creation:

concerning the magic item creation tables. use them as is as much as possible. i'll have to adjudicate all magic items purchased in this way. creating magic items yourself via the feats, does reduce the cost to you, but also reduces your xp, leaving you perhaps short of 16th level. for simplicities sake, do not reduce your starting wealth, even if your level drops. you still have to meet all the requirements for all your items at whatever your final adjusted level is as if you had forged them at that level. (i know, i know... not balanced.) ^^ obviously i'll be adjudicating these as well.

but hey, this is for fun, right? don't worry, you'll be sweating it from time to time. >=D
    Last edited by nijineko; 04-11-2008 at 01:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    clarification concerning in character information-

generally speaking, if the information your character is seeking is something that only they would perceive, for whatever reason, then i will send that information as a pm, rather than posting it in the public thread.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so. i'm here in california, now. the only access i have is from work, so i am pretty limited for the moment. as soon as i can get regular access, somehow, i'll be posting for the games i'm running again! you have not been abandonded, just that the gm is offline (mostly)!!! thank you for all of your patience! i WILL start the games up as soon as i am able. =D

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i can be contacted on a regular basis via the usual messenger clients (yim, aim, msnim) now. do keep in mind that i'm at work as i don't yet have other internet access.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i'm back! i'm still getting up to speed, but i'll be posting again! =D not only that, but i can be reached via my usual contact methods, too: aim, msnim, yim, skype, email, pm, and so forth. ^^ i've missed being online and gaming with everyone terribly!

Downloads
    Uploads

Roll call

Roll Call!

Whose still here?

I am.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    obviously, i am. i also pm'ed everyone. after a bit, i'll check to see who has email listed.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yea! internet from home! i'll be able to post much more regularly from now on! =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast