Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: AG16: ICC game thread. (In Character Context)

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chapter One: What is Seen in the Darkness.... (ICC)

The town of Tradestop has been unsettled as of late. Every fortune-teller of repute has fled, babbling about a doom of the like unheard of in over a thousand years. Apparitions of magical beasts have been reported in the wilderness forests in the border hills, stalking those who would seek for food. The was a great and sustained shaking of the earth, shortly after which the river ran backwards for nearly a week.

Religious leaders have become tight-lipped, declining to discuss the matter. But, rumors of ill-favored dreams troubling the faithful and late night weeping among the clergy persist. Representatives of arcanists have expressed concern, citing a curious lack of results in any attempt to elicit useful information. The moons wane in the sky, soon to disappear from the sky entirely.

Yesterday, the wind died, and was still… holding its breath… waiting.

{Tradestop is located in the wooded hills where the Kron Hills meet the Gnarly Forest, along the major path that follows the Jewel River down into the Welkwood.}
    {for the cartographically inclined that's hex B1-12.}
    Last edited by nijineko; 04-20-2008 at 01:46 AM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Arivale was wandering the streets of Tradestop utterly wide awake and yet feeling half asleep...Regardless that he had come to this town under the pretense of strange magical occurences... and strange and magical things were right up his alley.... He sat down at the nearest tavern and ordered an ale hoping to hear some about any goings on magical or not.
    Last edited by nijineko; 04-18-2008 at 09:24 PM.
    I am the Master of the Lost Art of the Assassin.
    I am the Wielder of the Mind Source.
    I am the Hope of the Darkening World.
    I am Toren Utgard.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The tavern is a blend of contrasts. In the still, dull, heavy air of the morning, the fire is hot, the smell of smoke and roasting geasy meat is nigh overwhelming. The light from outside is bleak, choked with the cloudy skies. It is fairly crowded with the morning press of various warehouse workers, traders, and artisans. The crowd is a broad mix of races and even has a sprinkling of people from regions farther than Veluna or Ket.

Despite the crowd, the tavern is hushed, conversation murmured, what laughter there is clashing loudly with the atmosphere. Too loud. The levity sounds... forced. Eyes dart to the enterance whenever someone enters.

Strangers find themselves surreptisiously eyed a bit longer, perhaps, than strictly necessary. Much of the talk is around ordinary things, the daily happenings of a small trade town. But, here and there, there are quiet mutterings of other things, less ordinary.

{ooc: listen checks for those in the tavern, please.}
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Arivale listens intently and disregards the stares thrown at him by the suspecious tavern members.

Listen check including all bonuses and ranks
    Roll(1d20)+22:
    17,+22
    Total: 39

OOC: W00t for awesome listening skillz...Also how do you work the dice roller in the forums??? (used the official DnD website one this time...)
    Last edited by Toren Utgard; 03-22-2008 at 11:19 AM.
    I am Toren Utgard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sitting in the corner, sipping on an ale just taking in the sounds and the sights of the tavern. Maleficent enjoys her time in taverns. Picking up secrets and knowledge of the going ons.

* listen check *
    Last edited by nijineko; 03-23-2008 at 03:24 AM. Reason: edited the die roll format so that it will roll correctly.

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    03-23-2008 03:24 AM
    listen check: 1d20 (9) + 2 = 11

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm at a table with other hardy drinkers, listening to stories and tell others while pounding a strong stout.

* Listen Check *
    Last edited by Micro420; 03-23-2008 at 10:22 AM. Reason: roll dice wrong

03-23-2008 10:22 AM
    Listen Check: 1d20 (6) + 22 + 1 = 29

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Snatches of words and phrases waft to you between the passing bodies of the staff and custom, and the gentle strumming of the bard by the hearth.

"...don't get some more sun, our crop will be fit only for the hogs.... Blasted clouds."
    "Game has become so scarce, what with those unnatural...."
    "...most uncanny thing i've ever seen, the river flowed upstream so fast, it snapped the towline right off my...."
    "My father used to adventure with a priest from these parts, perhaps you've heard of..."
    "Did you hear about Jesker? He's having a sale..."
    Last edited by nijineko; 03-26-2008 at 05:37 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interest peaked as Arivale heard the tidbit of conversation, he walks gracefully over to the men and asks for a seat and he buys a round of the best ale at the bar.

OOC: Gather info check?
    I am Toren Utgard.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From an smaller side table, a lone human, no... half-elf, stands and weaves his way towards the hearth. On the way, the slender man touches the elbow of a bar-maid, saying something. His green cloak flaps as he maneuvers quietly between patrons who obviously don't hear him, revealing a blade at his hip, and a bow on his shoulder. At the hearth, he smiles and speaks to the bard, and his priestly companion, turning quickly to grasp the frothing mugs that the bar-maid arrives with, and offers them to the men.

The wan light from outside dims and there is a sudden susurrus of rain upon the roof tiles, rapidly growing louder, causing many to glance up. A sharp scent fills the air, akin to the clean smell of air near a waterfall, but so sharply and strongly, it is momentarily overwhelming, unpleasantly so. The man in priestly garb, who had been leaning comfortably upon the mantle, jumps as if stabbed. His trencher dropping from rigid fingers, he cries out with a loud wordless cry of despair, and collapses flat upon his face.

{occ: Arivale, a reflex check please, to avoid the falling priest, and to avoid spilling any of the house-best.}
    Last edited by nijineko; 04-18-2008 at 09:25 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    At the yell and the fall, I quicken Flee the Scene right to the door, blocking any one from leaving.

OOC:
    Flee the scene
    you can use demension door as a spell-like ability, although the range is limited to short, (25ft + 5ft/2 lvls). When you use this ability, you leave behind a major image of yourself in your place that lasts 1 round. The image reacts appropriately to attacks as if you where concentrating on it.

- I didn't know if you had the description for it.

{nijineko: i can get it, but your thoughtfullness is wonderful, and most appreciated. and a lot faster than me slogging through books to get it. =D}
    Last edited by nijineko; 03-27-2008 at 02:56 AM. Reason: thank you!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    {Arivale? that reflex check? dreena, what are you doing?}
    Last edited by nijineko; 04-18-2008 at 09:25 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I drink from my ale at my table and laugh loudly as the scene unfolds, then I offer the fallen person a hand up, asking them if they are okay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    * Reflex check ]Toren Utgard rolls some dice *

OOC: Sorry for the wait...I was on vacation and the hotel was supposed to have internet but the internet was incredibly laggy and going online was a major pain so i figured I'd wait.

03-30-2008 01:48 PM
    Reflex check ]Toren Utgard rolls some dice: 1d20 (19) + 10 = 29
    I am Toren Utgard.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The half-elf nimbly and smoothly sidesteps, nary a dollop of froth drips from the mugs he carrys. The bard cries, "Olaren! What happend?" and with a discordant twang, kneels down next to his friend.

A laughing dwarf with a worn axe, new-looking bow, and thick arms bare to the shoulder, slides out from his table, and offers a gloved hand to the fallen priest, asking if he is well.

{Maleficent, no one has noticed your sudden relocation. Everyone is looking at the drama unfolding at the hearth.}

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am just making sure no one leaves.

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast