Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AG16: OOC (out of character)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

AG16: OOC (out of character)

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    here is where players post everything OOC.
    Last edited by nijineko; 03-23-2008 at 04:54 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    soliciting thoughts from the players about establishing an initiative posting order! please let me know what you think about this. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for the characters! they look nice. as for the npc's to fill out the party... i'm looking at a few characters of mine. the choices so far are Meo of Golden Valley, Path of Ursailia and Prii the Twice-Forsaken, Pook of Wooddeep, Alefor Magehand, or Ruom Lightning-mace. i have more, if that's not enough of a selection. i'll give you a bit of background on each, and let you have your input as well.
    Last edited by nijineko; 03-23-2008 at 04:13 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    we are using our 16s right?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, anything up to 16th level. you can also play lower level if for some reason you wish to do so. the npcs i mentioned are just for filling out the party. so you play whatever you want and then we can pick one or two npcs to round things out.

i've received your character and will look it over! =D
    Last edited by nijineko; 03-22-2008 at 02:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    here is a link about how to use the in-forum dice roller.

basically you type "roll"(standard dice notation)"/roll" except you use [] instead of "".

for example:
    * nijineko rolls some dice *

edit: groan.... natural one, you can only hope your dm rolls like that for the bad guys. =P ^^
    Last edited by nijineko; 03-22-2008 at 11:18 PM. Reason: reaction to die roll...

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    03-22-2008 11:18 PM
    nijineko rolls some dice: 1d20 (1) + 6 = 7

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so for arivale's listen check, you would have typed "roll" 1d20+22 "/roll" with the [] instead of "" like so:

edit: now that's more like it!
    Last edited by nijineko; 03-22-2008 at 11:21 PM. Reason: reaction to die roll....

03-22-2008 11:21 PM
    nijineko rolls some dice: 1d20 (17) + 22 = 39

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    also if you want to be more specific, or title the die roll, you would do thus:

"roll=1d20+22"listen check"/roll" with [] instead of "" like so:
    * listen check *
    :[ _roll = 1d20+22 ] listen check [ _/ roll ] (characters added to prevent another die roll....)
    Last edited by nijineko; 03-22-2008 at 11:30 PM.

03-22-2008 11:23 PM
    listen check: 1d20 (8) + 22 = 30

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sorry, i guess i confused everyone.

here is the nomenclature:

[ r o l l ] 1 d 2 0 + (your_skill_mod_here) [ / r o l l ]

OR

[ r o l l = 1 d 2 0 + (your_skill_mod_here) ] (name_of_check_here) [ / r o l l ]

and i wrote the above example with extra spaces so that you could see how to write it. take out all extra spaces when you actually do this!

here is what you will see in both of the above cases were you to write it properly without all the spaces:

roll1

roll2
    * my example die roll *
    Last edited by nijineko; 03-23-2008 at 03:20 AM.

03-23-2008 03:20 AM
    nijineko rolls some dice: 1d20 (12) + 10 = 22
    my example die roll: 1d20 (3) + 10 = 13

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry

I'm sorry for editing my post in-game, i didn't know how to use the forum roller but i do now and edited my post with the dice rolls from the forum.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    your post is indeed now correctly formatted. but i don't think you have a plus 22 for a listen modifier. =D glancing at your character sheet, your listen mod should be +2. (wisdom can be used untrained, thus you get your ability mod from wisdom (the +2) and you have no ranks, so it's just a 1d20+2 in your case. ^^

since you rolled a 6, your total should be an 8 in this case.

Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you for correcting my post

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no problem. i'm glad to help everyone out as needed. TANSQ, with me after all. (oh, that's "There Are No Stupid Questions.")

just post whatever it may be here, or pm/im/email it to me. =D

oh and my apologies to everyone, i tried to post the next icc bit yesterday morning, but my internet connection decided to completely die just then, and while i fortunately saved my post into a text file before posting, (a good habit, i highly recommend it) i forgot to bring it to work with me so that i could post it from there. hopefully later this morning things will be working again, and i'll post then. *^^*
    Last edited by nijineko; 03-25-2008 at 12:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it occurs to me that i need a detailed description of what everyone looks like, to include visible equipment and so forth. you can pm/im/email it to me, or you can just append it to your character post, or just post it in the character thread. =D i'll need those in response to toten's latest icc post. so sooner, if possible, would be good. ^^

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh, also
    Devils sight and Fell flight both have a 24 hour duration, so i would like to just say that every morning when i wake up, i activate those two spell-like abilities.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast