Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 472

Thread: AG16: ICC game thread. (In Character Context)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    520
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Sarissa's next attempt

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Sarissa points her finger at the dome; a green ray blasts and strikes the dome. {OOC: She wild-surges for 4 and does a minimum-level Disintegrate, inflicting 22d6 (88) damage, or 5d6 (16) if the dome is allowed a save and makes it. She is not enervated. It costs only 7 power points due to the wild surge.}

    Link to the relevant rolls:
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1586839/
    {OOC: I suggest we sign up for Invisible Castle; that way Nijineko doesn't need to be online at the same time as us. Go to www.invisiblecastle.com and sign up for a free account. It will store dice rolls, etc.}
    Last edited by Midnight; 05-04-2008 at 06:40 PM.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,207
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Everyone backs away slightly. The ray has no visible effect. This is completely unexpected.
    Last edited by nijineko; 05-05-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: we can use the forum's built in dice roller.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    520
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Other ideas?

    Telepathically: "We can't teleport into the dome and we can't disintegrate it. Any other suggestions? We may simply need to talk more to the man."

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    174
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I walk up and just touch it

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,207
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    @ jkfoote: It feels solid and hard. The surface seems to swirl under your fingers, and you get the momentary impression of twisted evil faces trying to bite at your fingers. There appear to be no other effects.

    @ everyone: There are quick footsteps coming up behind you. Turning, you see a tall woman, in a city guard uniform, the same woman who was giving out orders earlier. She is whipcord thin but strong looking, and her human heritage softens her otherwise sharply elvish features. She is flanked by two of her guard. Behind her the crowd seems to be more under control, less chaotic, but is now seemingly interested in the spectacle that your group is presenting-resisting the efforts of the guards to vacate the square.
    Last edited by nijineko; 05-06-2008 at 07:50 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    50
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Telepathically: "Here goes nothing"

    "Hey! Justice get out here! What pathetic thing hides behind a shield! Have you no honor! Your mere prescence mocks the word justice! Come on fight me! One on One!"

    I move away from the group and make a "come on" gesture.

    Telepathically: "I hope this works!"

    OOC: This could turn out REAL bad for Arivale...but hey he is a bit rash and a slightly cocky kinda guy worst case he can be ressurected later.
    Last edited by Toren Utgard; 05-06-2008 at 07:23 PM.
    I am the Master of the Lost Art of the Assassin.
    I am the Wielder of the Mind Source.
    I am the Hope of the Darkening World.
    I am Toren Utgard.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,207
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Some cheers are faintly heard from the crowd behind you at Arivale's challenge. The guard leader opens her mouth, and then shuts it, cocking her head and waiting to see if there is a response.

    After a few long moments of silence she speaks, "Excuse me. I am Constable Reniatha. Handmaster Jeard has apparently been taken hostage. Can any of you get us inside so that we can arrest that man, ah..."

    One of her men whispers, "Terrid."

    "Yes, Terrid." She looks over all of you expectently.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Colonial Beach
    Age
    35
    Posts
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    i walk up to the dome and slowly reach out to it to see if it will allow me in. If i have anything of my fathers old magic items on me ill try to touch it to the dome if it doesn't allow me in on my first try.

    if i can't go though the dome, i ask the telepath if he can channel to terrid for me, if he can and agrees too, i ask him to see if terrid will allow me in so i can figure out whats going on.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    174
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "We have tried teleporting and bashing our way in, we have yet to try digging our way in underneath it. Therefor, as of now, No we can not."

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    520
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    A couple more things to try

    Sarissa closes her eyes and attempts to disbelieve illusion (just in case). At the same time, she manifests Oak Body on herself, wild-surging as normal. Her rolls:
    * Will save *
    * Wild surge check (01-20 is bad) *


    {ooc: Edited this post--forgot to add the follow-up}
    To the guards: "Can you tell us more about Terrid? I am Sarissa, a paladin."

    {ooc again: The barrier--how tall is it? Does it form a hemisphere, or does it look like we might just fly over it?}
    Last edited by Midnight; 05-07-2008 at 06:11 PM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    05-07-2008 05:05 PM
    Will save: 1d20 (17) + 27 = 44
    Wild surge check (01-20 is bad): 1d100 (80)

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,207
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    @ Dreena: You attempt all the combinations that you can think of with your various items, but nothing seems to have any effect.

    @ Sarissa: {occ: the barrier started as a pillar reaching up into the clouds, then it bent over inwards and formed a dome. presuming that the dome is continous all the way around, as no one has checked, this should preclude any entry. you have likewise not checked the below ground status, as mentioned by another party member.

    ps: The dome successfully saves against your attempt to disbelieve in it. ;D }



    @ everyone: Constable Reniatha listens carefully to the comments and question. She defers the question to one of her guards. He speaks, "Terrid is known these days for two things, he got kicked out of the Order of Justice a few months ago, and when he is in his cups, he complains about it to anyone and anything within hearing distance. We've had to drag him out of a tavern or two, he's a mean drunk."

    The bard suddenly snaps his fingers. "I remember that! He was that guy that was going on about those ruins he found and teaching someone a lesson! And in the middle of a fine performance of 'The Maiden and the Fool', no less. I was quite put out about it. It took me forever to recapture the attention of that young... crowd after you dragged him out."

    The priest pales. "May there be mercy found for his soul. It seems he has found a way to teach that someone a lesson. I fear it is Handmaster Jeard who is the target of Terrid's venom. How uncanny that he strikes on a day wherein the Powers cannot be reached and Contracts with the Powers have lost all effaciousness...."

    There is a moment of complete silence after this comment. Even the rain seems to pause briefly before continuing.
    Last edited by nijineko; 05-08-2008 at 02:42 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    81
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Hmm maybe if we try walking backwards through it we can get in...*tries it*

    If that fails I'm going to check and see if the dome goes all the way around.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    174
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Wait, tell me more of these ruins, what has he claimed to have found?"

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,207
    Blog Entries
    42
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    @ Maleficent: You subtly lean up against the dome, applying pressure. It feels quite solid. {ooc: do you let everyone know you are circling? someone else might to accompany you, in case of trouble.}

    The bard answers, "Other than mentioning that he'd found them, he didn't say anything else about it. Somewhere out in the Deep, I imagine."
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    81
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I tell the group that I'm going to check around the dome and take Gil with me.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AG16: OOC (out of character)
    By nijineko in forum Anything Goes 16
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 11:16 PM
  2. Game Thread
    By The Wandering Bard in forum Chains Of the Muse
    Replies: 1216
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 01:25 AM
  3. AG16: character postings
    By nijineko in forum Anything Goes 16
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 01:56 AM
  4. Game Thread
    By Riftwalker in forum Semndon's Apprentice
    Replies: 325
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 12:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •