Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132
Results 466 to 472 of 472

Thread: AG16: ICC game thread. (In Character Context)

  1. #466
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,100
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Jacinth rushes to the large doors and shoves them shut. Despite their surprising mass, once in motion they swing shut quite rapidly, almost shooting from your grasp, seating home with an echoing boom. There is a plethora of discarded weaponry to shove into the bar-holds. The owners will not be needing them again. You note in passing that the bar holds are not of the same construction as the doors, and hope that it will all hold, wedging various polearms and swords through holds. The door twitches slightly, as if pushed upon. After a pause, and another weapon wedged, the door rattles with a boom; something heavy has impacted it with great force.

    Shashakhad spots the bloodtroll wizard hiding in the angle behind the door. He cries out this information to all while attacking the bloodtroll in front of him. His attacks are not able to penetrate the armor and defenses of the bloodtroll, an irritating result.

    ((midnight: your actions are well thought out, but as sha specifically has higher init, his information would relieve you of the need for using the true seeing. however, he is unable to do anything about the wizard, so it would still be up to you. and disintegrate is a ray effect. needs a touch attack roll.

    thus, i feel you should have a chance to use the part of your round spent on the true seeing differently. the bloodtroll is between you and the door, though you could use that 5' adjustment step to move due west one square and get a better shot around the troll. you would be aiming through the crack in the door, however, which is a very tight shot, aka high ac to hit.

    in conclusion, i will need some clarification on your actions for the round. feel free to completely change your round's action if you feel it appropriate for her actions.))
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  2. #467
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    481
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Actually, her action is simple: Redirect the previously-mentioned Ego Whip to the wizard hiding behind the door. "Your will fades before me!" All results are as rolled: 21 points of Cha damage, or 10 if he makes a DC 29 Will save. If that doesn't drop him, he takes another 7 points of Cha damage, or 3 with a DC 25 will save. If it DOES drop him, she'll save her power points. In either case, she'll try to move so as to interpose herself between the other PCs and the remaining trolls.

  3. #468
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,100
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    A brief sound brushes past everyone's consciousness, and the bloodtroll wizard utters a guttural, inarticulate sound and falls over backwards from the spot behind the door, smacking the floor in a limp tangle. The three of you are in a line in front of the bloodtroll in the doorway, so there is not really any way to interpose yourself.

    {{{excellent method of avoiding of avoiding a difficult touch attack, btw. oh, and the wizards cha was 8. ^^ }}}

    The bloodtroll cannot get past the three of you without risking being attacked by all of you, and so opts to attack Shashakhad and Sarissa once each, scoring a 35 against Sarissa for 27hp of damage, and a 31 against Shashakhad for 22hp of damage. The bloodtroll behind is not able to attack directly, and so pulls one of the downed bloodtrolls out of the area affected by the wall of fire.

    There is a long series of heavy blows to the doors recently wedged closed, shaking the doors visibly and making the wedged weapons jump and shift in the bars. Thick dust floats down.

    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  4. #469
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,100
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    This is what I have for initiative, btw:


    Initiative -

    Trolls
    gil 15
    shashakhad 15
    veld 10
    sarissa 9
    malephicent 8.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  5. #470
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Jordan
    Posts
    5,100
    Blog Entries
    41
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    {{{in case i wasn't clear, since the trolls have acted, that means it is everyone's turn again. ^^}}}
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

  6. #471
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    173
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The last time Jacinth prayed this much without a response, without feeling the warmth of Pelor was before that first time, when his mother was dying. Now, like then, he keeps praying. He prays for the courage to stand against the wave of evil banging on the doors. He prays for the skill to defend the life of this man that he doesn't know. He prays that the life he has lead meant something to someone.
    Jacinth gives his crossbow to the old man along with all of his bolts. He then prepares to defend against any foe to come through the doors.


    "There's no rest for the wicked today it seems. We have to finish them off so we can get him out of there." Shashakhad continues to attack the bloodtroll.
    Mind Blade (bastard sword): +3, holy, undead bane, ghost touch
    * to hit *
    * damage *

    Mind Blade (bastard sword): +3, holy, undead bane, ghost touch
    * to hit *
    * damage *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-01-2011 03:46 PM
    to hit: 1d20 (8)+ 15 (15) = 23
    damage: 1d10 (10)+ 4 (4)+ 2d6 (5,5 = 10) = 24
    to hit: 1d20 (1)+ 10 (10) = 11
    damage: 1d10 (3)+ 4 (4)+ 2d6 (6,3 = 9) = 16
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

  7. #472
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Acton
    Posts
    481
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Apologies for letting this lapse so long; I will be in better touch in the future.

    Note about the attack on her: 1) She has gleaming armor for a 20% miss chance--did the troll check that?
    2) If it did hit, then she had 45 temp hp, bringing her down to 18 temp hp.
    In case the DM did not roll miss chance, I am rolling it now, assuming DM permission:
    * 01-20 misses *


    Sarissa full-attacks the troll in front of her. If she can drop it, she cleaves into the troll behind the door and attacks it.

    I am making 2 assumptions with my rolls: 1) She can attack the troll behind the door and 2) it has cover (-4 on her attacks). Bear in mind that she is size Huge right now. If she can't attack the troll behind the door at all, she will just full-attack the first troll; if she drops it in a single attack, she'll move to the other room to reinforce the blocked doors. This first set of rolls does NOT include the possible -4 penalty for cover, since I don't know in advance which troll she's attacking.
    * First roll *

    * First damage *

    * Second roll; -4 if attacking 2nd troll *

    * Second damage *

    * Third roll; -4 if attacking 2nd troll *

    * Third damage *


    Any one of these might be a Cleave; if so, rolling another attack at the same bonus, pre-including the -4 penalty:
    * If first roll is a cleave; -4 due to cover *

    * If second roll is a cleave; -4 due to cover *

    * If third roll is a cleave; -4 due to cover *

    * Cleave damage *


    Phew!
    Midnight

    ---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

    Just to make life more complicated, if her second attack roll is a cleave, then the follow-up is a possible critical. Also, I did not calculate the cleave attack rolls properly--they should be 21/16/11, not 21/17/13. To be clear, the rolls are as follows (from previous post, not rerolled):
    If first attack is cleave: hit AC 37
    If 2nd attack is cleave: hit AC 34 (NOT 35) and roll a confirmation:
    * Confirm crit *

    * Extra crit damage *

    If 3nd attack is a cleave: hit AC 24 (NOT 26)
    In any case, the base cleave damage is 32.
    Midnight

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    02-29-2012 03:07 PM
    01-20 misses: 1d100 (50)
    First roll: 1d20 (6)+ 25 (25) = 31
    First damage: 3d6 (2,2,2 = 6) + 21 (21) = 27
    Second roll; -4 if attacking 2nd troll: 1d20 (10)+ 20 (20) = 30
    Second damage: 3d6 (1,6,2 = 9) + 21 (21) = 30
    Third roll; -4 if attacking 2nd troll: 1d20 (12)+ 15 (15) = 27
    Third damage: 3d6 (1,5,5 = 11) + 21 (21) = 32
    If first roll is a cleave; -4 due to cover: 1d20 (16)+ 21 (21) = 37
    If second roll is a cleave; -4 due to cover: 1d20 (18)+ 17 (17) = 35
    If third roll is a cleave; -4 due to cover: 1d20 (13)+ 13 (13) = 26
    Cleave damage: 3d6 (2,4,5 = 11) + 21 (21) = 32
    02-29-2012 03:14 PM
    01-20 misses: 1d100 (1)
    First roll: 1d20 (9)+ 25 (25) = 34
    First damage: 3d6 (3,1,4 = 8) + 21 (21) = 29
    Second roll; -4 if attacking 2nd troll: 1d20 (17)+ 20 (20) = 37
    Second damage: 3d6 (5,2,3 = 10) + 21 (21) = 31
    Third roll; -4 if attacking 2nd troll: 1d20 (16)+ 15 (15) = 31
    Third damage: 3d6 (1,4,5 = 10) + 21 (21) = 31
    If first roll is a cleave; -4 due to cover: 1d20 (20)+ 21 (21) = 41
    If second roll is a cleave; -4 due to cover: 1d20 (4)+ 17 (17) = 21
    If third roll is a cleave; -4 due to cover: 1d20 (1)+ 13 (13) = 14
    Cleave damage: 3d6 (6,3,1 = 10) + 21 (21) = 31
    Confirm crit: 1d20 (8)+ 16 (16) = 24
    Extra crit damage: 3d6 (6,3,3 = 12) + 21 (21) = 33

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Similar Threads

  1. AG16: OOC (out of character)
    By nijineko in forum Anything Goes 16
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 10:16 PM
  2. Game Thread
    By The Wandering Bard in forum Chains Of the Muse
    Replies: 1216
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 12:25 AM
  3. AG16: character postings
    By nijineko in forum Anything Goes 16
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 01:56 AM
  4. Game Thread
    By Riftwalker in forum Semndon's Apprentice
    Replies: 325
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 12:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •