Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

AG16: ICC game thread. (In Character Context) - Page 30
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast

Thread: AG16: ICC game thread. (In Character Context)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Holding action to see what takes places after the initial attacks.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    {{{sorry for long delay, i'll get a post up here soon-ish!}}}
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The creatures react with unnerving swiftness.
    {{{with the surprise round gone, i'm afraid that they thrashed your initiative rolls... sorry everyone.}}}

There is a sharp whispered word from somewhere nearby and a sudden flare of light and fire roars out from Shashakhad, catching Sarissa in the back and Veld and Malephicent in the face. Poor Shashakhad is ground zero of the fireball. Your vision fills with flame.

{{{Shashakhad, Veld, and Malephicent can make a spot check to catch the flash of the spell movement before it went off to figure out from which direction it came from if they wish.}}}

As the fireball expands, a howl indicates that it has caught the nearest of the bloodtrolls in its reach as well. Oddly, the howl does not seem to be pained... more like, exultant?

A huge greatsword pierces the fading remnants of the flames in great sweeps, the bloodtroll behind it is laughing, and looks decidedly less singed than it has any right to be. The other bloodtrolls scuttle forward drawing their swords as they move, swinging them up, muscles bunching in preparation for massive two-handed downswings.

Malephicent waits to see how her comrades-in-arms fare....

Shashakhad recovers from the flames and fires off a pair of mind arrows, which come close enough to glance off the armor and bury themselves into a wall and the ceiling and dissipate.

In the other room, Gil takes a guard stance over the prone old man, ready to strike anyone who tries to hurt him. Jacinth continues his care of the old man, trying to get him ready to move and sorely missing his spellcasting ability.

Veld gestures and casts a spell, aiming somewhat behind the bloodtrolls. A roiling downfall of greenish mist rains and collects on the bloodtrolls, just barely stopping short of Sarissa. Angry screams and howls are riven from the bloodtrolls by the caustic acid downpour. One of the bloodtrolls, the one that was laughing, is severely damaged, the other three less so. The severely damaged one shrugs off shock and looks extremely angry.

It is now Sarissa's turn, then Malephicent's turn.

{{{whoops, looks like i accidently rolled the fire damage twice. guess that's really what you get hit with!!! and unfortunately, that means fort saves from everyone in the area of effect versus massive damage... unless of course you had some means of reducing the fire damage. Sarissa, being front and center, gets the brunt of the attacks, hope your ac is high enough to turn some of those blows on top of taking the hit from the fireball!!! }}}

{{{oh, and the updated map:}}}

Last edited by nijineko; 07-14-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    07-14-2009 03:16 PM
    Everyone named thus far takes this much fire damage, less any protections they have....: 15d6 (5,1,3,5,2,6,5,4,4,2,1,2,4,5,3 = 52)
    Laughing bloodtroll's first sweep at Sarissa...: 1d20 (6) + 21 (21) = 27
    Laughing bloodtroll's second sweep at Sarissa...: 1d20 (15) + 16 (16) = 31
    ...first sweep damage.: 2d8 (3,5 = 8) + 18 (18) = 26
    ...second sweep damage.: 2d8 (4,7 = 11) + 18 (18) = 29
    Bloodtroll number two's first sweep at Sarissa...: 1d20 (7) + 21 (21) = 28
    ...first sweep damage.: 2d8 (8,3 = 11) + 18 (18) = 29
    Bloodtroll number three's first sweep at Sarissa...: 1d20 (8) + 21 (21) = 29
    ...first sweep damage.: 2d8 (4,4 = 8) + 18 (18) = 26
    Bloodtroll number four's first sweep at Sarissa...: 1d20 (19) + 21 (21) = 40
    ...first sweep damage.: 2d8 (5,4 = 9) + 18 (18) = 27
    07-14-2009 03:17 PM
    Everyone named thus far takes this much fire damage, less any protections they have....: 15d6 (5,4,2,3,3,6,1,3,2,3,5,1,6,5,3 = 52)
    Bloodtroll number four's critical confirmation on Sarissa...: 1d20 (3) + 21 (21) = 24
    ...possible critical damage.: 2d8 (6,2 = 8) + 18 (18) = 26
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads

Sarissa's results

When I asked about spell durations, I had forgotten that several effects had only a 1-minute duration. Specifically, her Force Screen had expired. I'd meant to renew them when I asked about durations, but I didn't.

One other thing: She has gleaming armor, which gives all opponents a 20% miss chance unless they have true seeing or a similary ability. Assuming they do not:
    * Check for first attack, 01-20 misses *

* Check for second attack, 01-20 misses *

So: Currently her AC is 30, or 34 if you let her renew. Therefore, she's hit twice (or once) by the trolls, taking 53(27) points of damage.

In addition, she needs to save against the fireball; her Reflex saves are at -2 thanks to spells hurting her Dex:

I don't know whether this is good enough to save or not. In addition, she takes +50% damage from fire thanks to her Oak Body. So, her damage is (52*1.5-30)=48, or 24 if she saved.
    Last edited by Midnight; 07-16-2009 at 12:15 PM.

07-16-2009 08:32 AM
    Reflex save: 1d20 (9) + 14 (14) = 23
    07-16-2009 12:15 PM
    Check for first attack, 01-20 misses: 1d100 (30)
    Check for second attack, 01-20 misses: 1d100 (32)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sarissa manages to avoid the brunt of the flame's power.

{{{as in, you saved. i'm inclined to let you renew... lose one of your action points to cover the flub. ^^ saves from everyone else who didn't have some sort of fire protection going?}}}

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shashakhad

* Spot check *

* Fort save *

--- Merged from Double Post ---
    I am so dead. I think it's time to spend an action point. I'll do that when I get to my books to see how many I get to roll.
    Last edited by Dax Thura; 07-28-2009 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

07-28-2009 03:55 AM
    Spot check: 1d20 (20) + 8 (8) = 28
    Fort save: 1d20 (2) + 9 (9) = 11
    07-28-2009 03:56 AM
    Spot check: 1d20 (16) + 8 (8) = 24
    Fort save: 1d20 (20) + 9 (9) = 29
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

Downloads
    Uploads

Sarissa's action

Thanks to the generous DM allowing her to spend an action point , Sarissa is hit only once and makes her save. All told, she still takes 51 points of damage. However, her Vigor spell gave her 35 temporary hp, so the total is actually 16.

Sarissa does the following:
    1) Wild surge for +4. On an 01-20 she is enervated and loses 10 pp (but the enervation is postponed). (Roll was 99.)
    2) Manifest Quickened Vigor. This would normally be 15 points (9 pp + 6 for quickening) but now costs 11. It gives her 45 temporary hp.
    3) Full attack on the wounded Blood Troll, switching targets as necessary if/when it drops. Note that she has Cleave. She will spend another action point on her lowest attack. Total bonuses to hit/damage: +1/+1 from surging euphoria; +0/+1d6+2 from Enlarge; +0/+4 from Offensive Prescience; +3/+0 from Offensive Precognition; +2/+3 from Oak Body; +1d6 on lowest attack. Finally, she power-attacks for 1. All told, she gets 3 attacks at +25/20/15 (+1d6), each doing 3d6+21.

Her 3rd attack is a possible critical. Unfortunately, she can't spend another action point on it. The confirmation:

This is hopefully a confirmed crit. Finally, on the confirmed crit (assuming it is, in fact, a confirmed crit), she activates the Mindfeeder property of her greatsword, gaining temporary power points equal to the total damage dealt. I've already rolled 37 points; the total damage including critical:
    * Total damage for crit *

Sarissa is done, except that one of her attacks was hopefully a Cleave.
    Last edited by Midnight; 07-28-2009 at 02:07 PM.

07-28-2009 01:30 PM
    Enervated on 01-20: 1d100 (99)
    First attack: 1d20 (8) + 25 (25) = 33
    First damage: 3d6 (5,5,6 = 16) + 21 (21) = 37
    Second attack: 1d20 (6) + 20 (20) = 26
    Second damage: 3d6 (4,6,4 = 14) + 21 (21) = 35
    Third attack: 1d20 (18) + 15 (15)+ 1d6 (6) = 39
    Third damage: 3d6 (6,4,6 = 16) + 21 (21) = 37
    07-28-2009 01:37 PM
    Critical confirmation: 1d20 (18) + 15 (15) = 33
    07-28-2009 02:07 PM
    Total damage for crit: 3d6 (4,5,3 = 12) + 21 (21)+ 37 (37) = 70

Downloads
    Uploads
    * Reflex Save vs Fireball *

* Fort Save vs Massive Damage if reflex save fails *

If Veld makes his reflex save he is dropped from 77hp to 51. If he fails his reflex but makes his fort save he is dropped to 25. If he fails both he dies.

Ok there are three scenarios I have to chose from providing Veld lives through this.

Option One. This is my first choice but only if Veld can squeeze past Shashakhad and Sarissa in a move action.

Veld squeezes past Shashakhad and Sarissa into the upper right corner of the room while saying "I've a plan. Get far away from this room and heal me!" and then wildshapes into a 15HD Greenvise (MM2 p120 + MM2 3.5 Update p7).

Option Two. If that isn't possible in a move action and if Veld would know that doing this wouldn't harm his comrads since I have no idea what the rules on this are.

Veld says "I've a plan. Get far away from this room and heal me!" and then wildshapes into a 15HD Greenvise right where he's standing.

Option Three. If all else fails...

Veld takes a move action to move as far toward the right of the group as he can while shouting "I've a plan. Get far away from this room and heal me!" and then wildshapes into a 15HD Greenvise.

Anyhow wildshaping heals Veld as if he had slept for 8 hours so he gains 15 hp plus I assume he gains 30 extra HP from his Con boost which brings him up to either 96 or 70 hp. He takes up a 15x15 area and has a 15ft reach.

Let's see if he lives or burns to a crisp.
    --- Merged from Double Post ---
    OOC: Wait what are these magical sounding action points everyone is talking about?
    Last edited by Kranchan; 07-30-2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

07-30-2009 01:14 AM
    Reflex Save vs Fireball: 1d20 (10) + 5 (5) = 15
    Fort Save vs Massive Damage if reflex save fails: 1d20 (13) + 9 (9) = 22
    07-30-2009 01:17 AM
    Reflex Save vs Fireball: 1d20 (2) + 5 (5) = 7
    Fort Save vs Massive Damage if reflex save fails: 1d20 (20) + 9 (9) = 29

Downloads
    Uploads

Problem with Veld's actions

No one can heal anything, remember? So far as I know, all clerical spells from any source are failing. Sarissa's been using Vigor as a psionic power, which isn't blocked, but that works only for herself.

As a side note, someone had better deal with that caster. Sarissa decided to take on the trolls because they were right there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh well scratch the healing. Although on second thought I'll not try to go into the room to wildshape. I'll just go with either option two or three depending on if two hurts you guys. Providing that I'm able to pull this off those trolls are going to be very very dead. Hopefully. XD

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Veld fails the reflex save, but makes the fort save. {{{yea!!! still alive!}}} However, to his dismay, he finds that whatever is impeding his connection with nature likewise impedes his wildshaping, and he is unable to do so.

{{{the party is experienced and smart enough to gather the in-character equivalent of this out-of-character info - divine based spells, supernatural abilities, and spell-like abilities are all impeded. divine based characters are down to extraordinary abilities, until you can find a way around this impedance. }}}

Downloads
    Uploads
    OOC: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Well so much for that idea.

Well for my next plan I want use a standard action to cast Cacophonic Burst (20ft radius burst, reflex half DC 19, SR Yes, SpC p41) into the room so that it hits all of the enemy and none of my allies and then use my remaining move action to move as far as 30ft will take me from that spot. Fireballs are painful. D:

* Cacophonic Burst *

08-01-2009 10:34 PM
    Cacophonic Burst: 15d6 (2,1,5,4,6,6,3,4,4,5,6,4,2,3,4 = 59)

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice Cacophonic Burst. How many trolls down?

I still haven't heard how Sarissa did with her blows. Did she take out any trolls? (She was attacking the heavily injured one first, not knowing that the C.B. was coming.) This might affect the spell casting. Also, she needs to roll her Cleave, assuming there was one, and I need to know whether what I thought was a crit actually was one.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax Thura View Post
    Shashakhad
    I am so dead. I think it's time to spend an action point. I'll do that when I get to my books to see how many I get to roll.
    {{{normally 3d6 (at your level), keep highest result, discard the other two. i believe that you have some feats which affect your action dice. }}}

Sarissa lashes out with all the righteous fury of her might. Her first attack staggers the bloodtroll, her second strike comes out of nowhere and lays it flat on it's back.

{{{your cleave comes after the second attack, and before the third. way to go! }}}
    Last edited by nijineko; 08-03-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sarissa's action, continued

OK, her second attack is a Cleave. It was at +20/3d6+21, so the Cleave is too:
    Not the most impressive roll in the world; oh well. So, the overall sequence is:
    Attack 1--37 damage on badly-injured troll.
    Attack 2--35 damage on badly-injured troll; drops it
    Attack 2 (cleave)--34 damage on another troll, IF it hit (rolled only a 24 )
    Attack 3--critical on another troll; 70 damage, plus she recharges 70 power points.
    Last edited by Midnight; 08-03-2009 at 11:23 AM.

08-03-2009 11:20 AM
    Cleave attack: 1d20 (4) + 20 (20) = 24
    Cleave damage: 3d6 (6,1,6 = 13) + 21 (21) = 34