Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AG16: character postings

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    ooohhh favored soul will eb a good addition!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking about taking a follower. If it's allowed, do I use the same parameters? Do I use my funds to outfit or do they come with their own $.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i typically require the leadership feat to be proven in-game through roleplaying, however as promised, this is the "Anything Goes", so leadership is a perfectly valid choice. go right ahead.

npc henchmen/followers etc, use the [starting wealth of an npc table], rather than the [starting wealth of a pc table]. different page, plus they don't get as much stuff, unfortunately. ^^ be sure to double check that your follower uses all the rules correctly for leadership. and add your leadership score breakdown to your character sheet in a conspicuous place, please.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads

cohort

rolls for the, potential, cohort:

* stat roll *

* stat roll *

* stat roll *

* stat roll *

* stat roll *

* stat roll *

I think this one speaks for itself.
    Last edited by Dax Thura; 08-26-2008 at 11:26 AM.

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-26-2008 11:22 AM
    stat roll: 4d6 (2,3,4,2 = 11)
    stat roll: 4d6 (4,4,1,5 = 14)
    stat roll: 4d6 (5,6,2,1 = 14)
    stat roll: 4d6 (2,5,1,6 = 14)
    stat roll: 4d6 (5,5,4,3 = 17)
    stat roll: 4d6 (1,3,3,6 = 13)
    08-26-2008 11:23 AM
    stat roll: 4d6 (2,1,2,2 = 7)
    stat roll: 4d6 (2,2,5,5 = 14)
    stat roll: 4d6 (2,5,6,3 = 16)
    stat roll: 4d6 (6,6,6,5 = 23)
    stat roll: 4d6 (5,5,5,1 = 16)
    stat roll: 4d6 (5,5,2,3 = 15)
    08-26-2008 11:23 AM
    stat roll: 4d6 (3,1,5,5 = 14)
    stat roll: 4d6 (2,6,3,4 = 15)
    stat roll: 4d6 (6,4,6,2 = 18)
    stat roll: 4d6 (6,4,6,1 = 17)
    stat roll: 4d6 (2,6,3,2 = 13)
    stat roll: 4d6 (6,3,1,4 = 14)
    Ashbarex Blue

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it seems that you attract quality help. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, this one's going to be the Soul Knife/Soul Arrow. Lot's o krunch.
    Ashbarex Blue

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    soulbow? ^^ i'm fond of those. =D

Downloads
    Uploads

Favored Soul spell list

This is the first draft of my spell list. I’ve used only the PHB and Spell Compendium for simplicity but I plan to peruse other sources before finalizing the list. Feel free to comment and make suggestions.

Spell List v 1.2

0- amuensis; create water; cure minor wounds; detect magic; detect poison; light; mending; purify food and drink; read magic
    1- bless; bless water; divine favor; endure elements; protection-v-evil; shield of faith
    2- bear’s endurance; bull’s strength; cure moderate wounds; eagle’s splendor; owl’s wisdom; spiritual weapon
    3- continual flame; create food and water; vigor, lesser, mass; searing light; weapon of deity (pelor); weapon of energy
    4- air walk; death ward; restoration; revenance; tongues; sound lance; wind walk
    5- flame strike; plane shift; revivify; trueseeing; spell resistance; wall of stone
    6- blade barrier; bolt of glory; dispel magic, greater; heal; wind walk
    7- brilliant blade; cure serious wounds, mass; holy word; resurrection
    8- storm rage; summon monster VIII; wall of dispel magic, greater
    Last edited by Dax Thura; 09-04-2008 at 09:28 AM.
    Ashbarex Blue

Downloads
    Uploads

A few observations/suggestions r.e. spells

This looks like a good list. I'm especially pleased that you have the critical spells covered: heal, resurrection, greater dispel magic. Continual flame is another good one--I hadn't realized it, but you're probably the only person in the party who can cast it. And Shield of Faith is great. A few suggestions:
    1) When you have greater dispel magic AND wall of greater dispel magic, do you really need dispel magic? For that matter, do you really need wall of greater dispel magic? Bear in mind how limited your list is.
    2) Bull's Strength--not sure how useful this is. My character routinely uses Oak Body, so she won't need it, plus I would guess that Veld can cast it. Bear's Endurance is better (since EVERYONE can use extra Con. ) Also, Eagle's Splendor and Owl's Wisdom seem only moderately useful. I assume you have a Periapt of Wisdom, so you don't need O.W. I'm not familiar with the Favored Soul, so maybe the Eagle's Splendor is good for you. My character doesn't need it.
    3) Summon Monster VIII--this can be very useful, but in my experience, at this level S.M. spells are rather underpowered compared to the party and have trouble hitting the tougher opponents. Still, it's a great utility spell.
    4) Searing Light--nice spell, but again, somewhat underpowered for 16th level, unless you're going up against undead.

Looking forward to meeting you,
    Midnight

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    This looks like a good list. I'm especially pleased that you have the critical spells covered: heal, resurrection, greater dispel magic. Continual flame is another good one--I hadn't realized it, but you're probably the only person in the party who can cast it. And Shield of Faith is great. A few suggestions:
    Thanks!

1) When you have greater dispel magic AND wall of greater dispel magic, do you really need dispel magic? For that matter, do you really need wall of greater dispel magic? Bear in mind how limited your list is.

I agree about dispel magic. I had, in fact swapped it for another spell before reading your post. I’ll give some consideration to wall of gtr dispel too.

2) Bull's Strength--not sure how useful this is. My character routinely uses Oak Body, so she won't need it, plus I would guess that Veld can cast it. Bear's Endurance is better (since EVERYONE can use extra Con. ) Also, Eagle's Splendor and Owl's Wisdom seem only moderately useful. I assume you have a Periapt of Wisdom, so you don't need O.W. I'm not familiar with the Favored Soul, so maybe the Eagle's Splendor is good for you. My character doesn't need it.

Again, I think you’re probably right, but I made some choices with the theme of Pelor, my chosen deity, in mind. The buff spells on the cleric list just seemed to fit. Plus I had a difficult time filling out my 2nd level spell slot allowance. I’m still considering a couple of other spells, but if you have some suggestions…

3) Summon Monster VIII--this can be very useful, but in my experience, at this level S.M. spells are rather underpowered compared to the party and have trouble hitting the tougher opponents. Still, it's a great utility spell.

I don’t usually use summon monster spells at all, but thought that this might be an opportunity to give it a go. I still need to research it some to see if it fits with the feel of the other spells that I’m going for.

4) Searing Light--nice spell, but again, somewhat underpowered for 16th level, unless you're going up against undead.

This is a prime example of the theme that I mentioned. Searing light just screams Pelor and is a must have for my list.

Changes to the list v1.2
    - Ebon eyes, which I love, and nightshield changed to bless water and endure elements at first level. They are probably less useful, but I think they fit better. Pelor doesn’t need to see in the darkness, he brings light into the dark places.
    - Create food and water over dispel magic at third level.
    - Added death ward at fourth.
    - I hope that wind walk is better for us than stone body at sixth.
    Ashbarex Blue

Downloads
    Uploads

More comments r.e. spells

Give Midnight a big dunce's cap for not noticing that your deity is Pelor. Of course Bull's Strength and Searing Light make sense.

And I can't believe I didn't notice Wind Walk. Absolutely take that; one of the best spells ever.

Along the Pelor theme: Sunray and Sunburst are not the best spells in the world unless you're up against undead, but they seem very appropriate. Just a thought.

Please join us!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately, both Sunray and Sunburst are only on the Sun Domain list and I do not have access to them. Though, again, I am in agreement with you. Stoopid rules. Anyway, I've come up with spell list v1.3. Basically, I've changed out all of the 8th level spells and swapped brilliant blade for gtr scry at 7th.

**Oops, I forgot to add 16 more for the improved toughness feat on the main character to bring that total to 112.**

* hit points main *

* hit points cohort *
    Last edited by Dax Thura; 09-04-2008 at 09:30 AM.

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    09-02-2008 12:47 PM
    hit points main: 15d8 (7,6,2,1,2,6,8,8,3,1,8,4,7,7,2 = 72) + 8 (8)+ 16 (16) = 96
    hit points cohort: 13d10 (9,3,7,9,7,1,5,8,1,6,1,1,6 = 64) + 10 (10)+ 28 (28) = 102
    Ashbarex Blue

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jacinth began life as a fighter. He was born premature and survived only through his mother's love and his own will to live. As a young boy he was seen as frail and was often ill, though he was always in good cheer. At 12, his mother was dying so he went to get her some help. He went from one temple to the next, but none would help him. He finally made his way to a temple of Pelor where he pleaded with the priests, but even these priests of the god of healing would not help him. Young Jacinth was at his wit's end. In his frustration, fear, and desperation, he fell before the shrine to Pelor and prayed with passion and sincerity. When he rose up, Jacinth was glowing with a holy light. He was stronger and healthier than ever. He swiftly went home and cured his mother. She lived another 10 years before age took her. Jacinth was courted by the priesthood, but has refused to join them due to their treatment of him in his time of need. He did take the time to learn something of his patron deity though. Now, Jacinth goes about doing good and helping those noone else will help.
    The act of healing his mother sapped much of Jacinth's newfound health. He is still much better than he was, but not as robust as he would have been otherwise. He wears only robes and/or armor. He is tall and handsome with copper skin and long hair worn in braids. There's usually a smile on his face. Jacinth is old fashioned and straight laced. He is called 'the Bright' in part because he glows with the radiance of the Daylight spell due to his Shard of the Sun. Though he is no fool, Jacinth often sees the good in people where other's wouldn't.
    Quote: In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might Beware my power, Pelor's Light!

Jacinth the Bright
    Male Human Favored Soul 16
    NG Medium Humanoid
    Init +3; Senses Listen +4, Spot +4
    Languages Common, Celestial
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    AC 26 (dex -1, armor +11, shield +2, defl +4), touch 13, flat-footed 22
    hp 112 (16 HD + 32)
    Resist Acid 10, Fire 10, Sound 10, Cold 5, Electricity 5
    Fort +13 Refl +13 Will +16 Action Points 13/3d6
    Speed 40'
    Melee Heavy Mace (Fist of the Sun) +15/+10/+5 (d8+4)
    Ranged Lt. Crossbow +13/+8/+3 (d8+2)
    Base Atk +12/+7/+2; Grp +12
    Combat Gear Raiment of the Four, ring of protection +4, cloak of comfort +2 w/ +4 cha, boots of striding and springing
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Favored Soul Spells Known (CL 16th):
    8th (3/day) - brilliant aura; firestorm (dc 22); holy aura
    7th (5/day) - cure serious wounds, mass (dc 21); holy word (dc 21); resurrection; scrying, greater (dc 21)
    6th (7/day) -blade barrier (dc 20); bolt of glory; dispel magic, greater; heal (dc 20); wind walk
    5th (7/day) - flame strike (dc 19); plane shift (dc 19); revivify; spell resistance; true seeing; wall of stone
    4th (7/day) - air walk; death ward; restoration; revenance; sound lance (dc 18); tongues
    3rd(7/day) -continual light; create food and water; searing light; vigor, lesser, mass (dc 17); weapon of deity (Mace of Pelor); weapon of energy
    2nd (8/day) - bear's endurance; bull's strength; cure moderate wounds (dc 16); eagle's splendor; owl's wisdom; spiritual weapon
    1st (8/day) - bless; bless water; divine favor; endure elements; protection from evil; shield of faith
    0 (6/day) - amanuensis; create water; cure minor wounds (dc 14); detect magic; detect poison; light; mending; purify food and drink; read magic
    ** may use spell slot of appropriate level to cast magic missle 3/day, fireball (dc 14) 3/day, freedom of movement 2/day, teleport 2/day**
    Abilities Str 10 Dex 8 Con 12 Int 12 Wis 18 Cha 18 (22)
    SQ Commune (4 questions) 1/day, Spells
    Feats Improved Initiative, Improved Toughness, Leadership, Lightning Reflexes, Rapid Reload, Spell Penetration, True Believer, Weapon Focus(mace), Weapon Specialization (mace)
    Skills Concentration +19, Diplomacy +20, Heal +10, Knowledge (arcana) +7, Knowledge (religion) +7, Search +1, Sense Motive +14, Spellcraft +11
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Possesions Fist of the Sun, Shard of the Sun, Raiment of the Four - gloves of the starry sky, belt of the wide earth, goggles of the golden sun, and periapt of the sullen sea -, full plate +2, called, 592 gp

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ·Improved Initiative: +4 initiative
    ·Improved Toughness: +1 hp/level
    ·Leadership: has a cohort of up to his character level -2 (14)
    ·Lightning Reflexes: +2 to reflexes
    ·Rapid Reload: reload light crossbow as a free action allowing him to use full attack
    ·Spell Penetration: +2 on caster level checks to overcome spell resistance
    ·True Believer: allows activation of relics
    ·Weapon Focus: +1 to hit with heavy mace
    ·Weapon Specialization: +2 damage with heavy mace

-Boots of Striding and Springing: +10 to land movement and +5 to jump
    -Fist of the Sun: heavy mace, adamantine +2, brilliant energy (relic), ghost touch, holy also functions as a rod of absorbtion
    -Raiment of the Four: Commune (4 yes/no questions )1/day, Resist 5 to cold, electricity, and fire
    oBelt of the Wide Earth: 2x carrying capacity, use at least a 5th level slot to cast teleport 2/day at his caster level
    oGloves of the Starry Sky: produce silver glow at will ,as light spell (20’r bright and 20’r dim), use at least a 1st level spell slot to cast magic missile (5d4+5) 3/day at his caster level
    oGoggles of the Golden Sun: immunity to blinding and dazzling effects, use at least a 3rd level spell slot to cast fireball (10d6, sv dc 14) 3/day at his caster level
    oPeriapt of the Sullen Sea: allows him to hold his breath for up to 12 hours a day, use at least a 4th level spell slot to cast Freedom of Movement 2/day at his caster level
    -Shard of the Sun: glows with the effect of a daylight spell hightened to 5th level (bright light in a 60’r and dim light in an additional 60’r), 4/day shoot 4 searing light beams at CL20 (relic)
    Last edited by Dax Thura; 04-03-2009 at 02:44 PM.
    Ashbarex Blue

Downloads
    Uploads
    My name is Shashakhad. I was an assassin. I was hired to kill some priest. That same priest saved me from my own people and then, me from myself. I have since dedicated my life to the service of Pelor, the god that the priest serves. I still kill, but now I do it in the name of what is good and just. My particular favorites are the undead. I repay the priest for guiding me on the road of redemption by helping him. I do the stuff that needs to get done, but he can't bring himself to do. Poor rube, he actually believes in the good in people. He needs me to save him from himself.
    Usually, Shashakhad uses his disguise skill to look like a rather plain human.

Quote: You who are wicked, evil, and mean, I'm the nastiest creep you've ever seen! Come one, come all, put up a fight. I'll pound your butts with Pelor's light!

Shashakhad the Dark Knife
    Male Kalashtar Soul Knife 6 - Illumine Soul 4 - Soul Bow 4
    NG Medium Humanoid
    Init +4; Senses Listen +8, Spot +8
    Languages Common, Quor
    AC 23 (dex +4, armor +6, shield +2, defl +1), touch 15, flat-footed 19; +2 ac -v- incorporeal, +2 ac -v- undead
    hp 102 (14 HD + 28)
    Resist Immune to dream and nightmare,
    Fort +9 Refl +14 Will +16; +2 v mind affecting
    Action Points 13/2d6
    Speed 40'
    Melee Mind Blade +15/+10 (d6+4/19-20 x 2) +3, undead bane, holy, ghost touch, +d6 -v- incorporeal
    Ranged Mind Arrow +18/+13 (d8+6 x 3) +3, flaming, ghost touch
    Ranged Positve Energy Ray +14 (8d6) ghost touch
    Base Atk +10/+5; Grp +11
    Combat Gear Wraith's Woe, healing belt, ring of protection +1, ring of force shield
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Abilities Str 13 Dex 18 Con 14 Int 13 Wis 16 Cha 11
    SQ Align Mind Blade, Death Ward, Detect Undead at will, Hide from Undead at will (no save), Mind Blade, Mind Arrow, Mindlink, Positive Energy Conduit, Positive Energy Healing, Positive Energy Ray 4/day, Psionic (1pp/lv), Psychic Strike, Shape Mind Blade, Throw Mind Blade, 1/day restore all ability damage and, from one ability, all ability drain, negate 3 negative levels/day
    Feats Close Combat Shot, Free Draw, Heroic Focus, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Psionic Focus, Psionic Shot, Psionic Shot, gtr, Rapid Shot, Speed of Thought, Weapon Focus (mind blade/mind arrow)
    Skills Autohypnosis +11, Climb +7, Concentration +12, Diplomacy +2, Disguise +12 (+14 as human), Heal +5, Jump +5, Knowledge (psionics) +6, Knowledge (religion) +7, Move Siliently +14, Tumble +14
    Possesions Wraith's Woe - choker of life protecting, gauntlets of ghost fighting, shirt of wraith stalking -, hat of disguise, mithral chain shirt +2, least crystal of screening, heward's handy haversack, 450gp

• Throw Mind Blade: up to 30’, not iterative
    • Shape Mind Blade: full round action to a longsword or bastard sword
    • Mind Blade Enhancement: to change must meditate for 8 hours
    • Psychic Strike: move action to imbue mind blade/mind arrow with +3d8 (mind affecting) damage
    • Positive Energy Conduit: allows psychic strike to affect all undead
    • Death Ward: expend focus to gain immunity to death effect, energy drain, and negative energy for 1 minute
    • Positive Energy Healing: 1/day when brought to 0 hp or less he instantly heals 5d8+5 damage, this may even bring him back from dead
    • Align Mind Blade: 1pp to make MB/MA good for 1 rd

• Speed of Thought: +10’ to land movement while focused
    • Heroic Focus: 1AP to become focused (dc 20 concentration)as a swift action
    • Psionic Meditation: become focused (dc 20 concentration) as a move action
    • Psionic Shot/Greater Psionic Shot: expend focus to do +4d6 damage with a ranged attack
    • Close Combat Shot: not subject to AoO fireing a missile while in melee

- Crystal of Screening, least: +2 ac v incorporeal attacks
    - Healing Belt: +2 to healing checks, has 3 points a day to spend on healing, 1=2d6 2=3d6 3=4d6
    - Hat of Disguise: +10 on disguise checks, changes appearance, but must include some sort of headware in disguise
    - Wraith’s Woe: Detect Undead at will, 1/day cure all ability damage and, on one ability, all drain
    * Choker of Life Protection: +2 ac v undead, negate up to 3 negative levels/day
    * Gauntlets of Ghost Fighting: ignore incorporeal miss chance with attacks and spells, +d6 dmg with melee v incorporeal creatures
    * Shirt of Wraith’s Woe: hide from undead (as spell) at will with no save allowed (undead not able to detect him with any senses)
    Last edited by Dax Thura; 09-04-2009 at 12:08 AM.
    Ashbarex Blue

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    like the backgrounds with included commentary. ^^ =D this will be fun.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast