Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591
AG16: character postings - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AG16: character postings

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I probably was looking at the NPC wealth chart though I could have been looking at the wealth for a 13th level PC for all I know. Hmm well I want to upgrade my Periapt of Wisdom from a +2 to a +6, and gloves of Str +1. This should come to a total of 33k.
    Last edited by Kranchan; 04-17-2008 at 04:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @kranchan: those sound fine... and may i suggest some stacking ac boosts with the rest of your "newfound" wealth? ^^

@toren: you were aware that the only spells that you can imbue into an arrow must target an area? the spell itself must be an area effect, or must be modified (via another spell or metamagic effect) before you can imbue it.

and smack me upside the head and call me dungeonmaster... but it finally crossed the threshold of my awareness that a 10th level sorcerer has a BAB of +5... and you need a +6 to qualify for the arcane archer class!! and that half-elves do not get the weapon proficiencies of elves.... so you need to pick up proficiency in the bow, too. i'll take the blame, cause i didn't catch it when i reviewed your character sheet. there are two ways we can fix this.

if you decide to go with the battle sorcerer after all, rework your character that way. you might get more arcane archer abilities out of it! or you could be sor12/arcarc4 instead. or we can just require you to take sorcerer as your next two levels, so that you will meet the prereq's soonest. let me know which you want to do, or if you come up with a fourth solution.

if you do decide to rework your character... why have a rather expensive sunblade when you are an archer? you could use the item creation rules to enhance your oathbow with abilities, if you liked. i'll work with you on it if you choose. and while not quite as nice as a sunblade... fully 20-30% of all magic weapons glow on command. and as per the creation rules, you can choose that ability for free if the weapon is at least +1. just some thoughts! i'm not trying to step on your design ideas. =D

@micro: just a random thought, but you do realize that with careful planning and strategy, you will survive your first combat, and manage to get xp. despite your lower level bringing the group average level down, when you crunch the numbers for an average encounter suitable for a mostly 16th level party, chances are that you will level up 1-4 levels after the first combat!!! =D i look forward to it.

@jkfoote: judging by your height and weight ratio... you have a very very thin character. skeletal almost. was that intended? even an "average" thin woman who is 6'+ will weigh closer to 170lbs. a woman's curves are mostly made of fat, after all. ^^

@everyone: please note, none of these are intended as critisims in any way! just think of it as a very creative, head-in-the-clouds, absentminded dm who is just now picking up on this stuff. =P i can be pretty slow sometimes... (okay, a lot of the time.) communication with me helps offset that. =D just pester me with emails and im's or something.
    Last edited by nijineko; 04-17-2008 at 09:48 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    @jkfoote: judging by your height and weight ratio... you have a very very thin character. skeletal almost. was that intended? even an "average" thin woman who is 6'+ will weigh closer to 170lbs. a woman's curves are mostly made of fat, after all. ^^
    Sorry i randomly rolled and dint think of what she actually looked like, lets just assume she looks exactly as the picture.

Downloads
    Uploads
    lulz. k.

Downloads
    Uploads
    X.X I shoulda notice the BAB part...If your cool with it I would love to take sorcerer my next two levels...

As to the sunblade, I'll replace it with better stuff in my opinion...And those items are...

Bracers of Archery, Greater: These wristbands look like normal protective wear. The bracers empower the wearer to use any bow (not including crossbows) as if she were proficient in its use. If she already has proficiency with any type of bow, she gains a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls and a +1 competence bonus on damage rolls whenever using that type of bow. Both bracers must be worn for the magic to be effective.
    Moderate transmutation; CL 8th; Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Magic Arms and Armor; Price 25,000 gp;Weight 1 lb.
    Helm of Telepathy: The wearer can use detect thoughts at will. Furthermore, he can send a telepathic message to anyone whose surface thoughts he is reading (allowing two-way communication). Once per day, the wearer of the helm can implant a suggestion (as the spell, Will DC 14 negates) along with his telepathic message.
    Faint divination and enchantment; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item, detect thoughts, suggestion; Price 27,000 gp;Weight 3 lb.

All found in the v3.5 SRD under Wonderous Items
    Last edited by Toren Utgard; 04-18-2008 at 10:24 AM.
    I am the Master of the Lost Art of the Assassin.
    I am the Wielder of the Mind Source.
    I am the Hope of the Darkening World.
    I am Toren Utgard.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jkfoote View Post
    Sorry i randomly rolled and dint think of what she actually looked like, lets just assume she looks exactly as the picture.

sounds good to me. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Toren Utgard View Post
    X.X I shoulda notice the BAB part...If your cool with it I would love to take sorcerer my next two levels...
    As to the sunblade, I'll replace it with better stuff in my opinion...And those items are...
    Bracers of Archery, Greater: These wristbands look like normal protective wear. The bracers empower the wearer to use any bow (not including crossbows) as if she were proficient in its use. If she already has proficiency with any type of bow, she gains a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls and a +1 competence bonus on damage rolls whenever using that type of bow. Both bracers must be worn for the magic to be effective.
    Moderate transmutation; CL 8th; Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Magic Arms and Armor; Price 25,000 gp;Weight 1 lb.
    Helm of Telepathy: The wearer can use detect thoughts at will. Furthermore, he can send a telepathic message to anyone whose surface thoughts he is reading (allowing two-way communication). Once per day, the wearer of the helm can implant a suggestion (as the spell, Will DC 14 negates) along with his telepathic message.
    Faint divination and enchantment; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item, detect thoughts, suggestion; Price 27,000 gp;Weight 3 lb.
    All found in the v3.5 SRD under Wonderous Items
    also sounds good. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    very interesting indeed do you generally roll up new characters for each spot or do they travel with you (I seem to be butting in I apologise I'm just interested in learning)
    Last edited by Elbryon; 05-16-2008 at 11:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    for each campaign, you will typically roll up a new character. but if you have a character which already exists that meets the criteria for the campaign, and the storyteller okays it, then you might get lucky. ^^

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got room for another?
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    initially, i'm not inclined to add another at this point in the campaign. however, if the players feel otherwise, i'll bow to their wishes in this regard. there will be some convenient entry points later on as well, if the players are amiable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess it depends on what you come in as, if its something that will be a nice addition, then sure welcome aboard, but if its just another of what we've already got playing then i would have to say no

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you, jkfoote. other comments and opinions, anyone? majority vote is good by me.

i'm sure that with some finagling, i could work dax in somehow!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure what you feel that you need. I mean there's already a good mix of classes.

Fighter
    Druid
    Warlock
    Sorcerer/Arcane Archer
    Paladin/Psionic (very nasty)

I'm looking to play an Enlightened Fist (monk/sorcerer) with, perhaps, a dash of rogue. Hopefully, he would be able to provide backup to any of the other characters. Other than that, I would like to try out either a Soul Knife/Soul Bow or a Favored Soul. Let me know.
    [ roll= d20 ] Rolling for no reason [ /roll ]
    Ashbarex Blue
    Shashakhad the Dark Knife Red
    Jacinth the Bright Purple

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, Nijineko said he thinks the general consensus is that I can join as long as I bring in some healing. So I'll probably go with the Favored Soul. At any rate, I'll need some stats so...

Set 2
    * stats *

* stats *

* stats *

* stats *

* stats *

* stats *

Set 3
    * stats *

* stats *

* stats *

* stats *

* stats *

* stats *

Tough choice. The first set nets me a +5 bonus (9,9,13,13,14,16), but has some meh numbers. The second set (7,11,11,12,14,16) gives a +4 total. While 3, at a +6 bonus, gives my lowest result, and I hate playing with such a handicap, it also has the best high end numbers (6,10,12,12,16,17). Right now, I favor set 1, but I'll think on it a while.
    Last edited by Dax Thura; 08-23-2008 at 12:19 AM.

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-22-2008 04:03 AM
    stats: 4d6 (4,1,4,1 = 10)
    stats: 4d6 (2,2,2,5 = 11)
    stats: 4d6 (4,5,4,4 = 17)
    stats: 4d6 (2,6,2,6 = 16)
    stats: 4d6 (6,5,5,3 = 19)
    stats: 4d6 (3,1,4,6 = 14)
    08-22-2008 04:04 AM
    stats: 4d6 (2,2,3,1 = 8)
    stats: 4d6 (2,5,4,5 = 16)
    stats: 4d6 (1,3,3,6 = 13)