Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AG16: General Announcements

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    i will be posting a generic campaign rules in my blog so that there is an easy to find reference for everyone. here is an update that is going to apply across all of my campaigns.

change in disallowed books, after further review and consideration additional books have been disallowed. the full disallowed list now consists of the following:

• book of exalted deeds (boed)
    • book of vile darkness (bovd)
    • exemplars of evil (eoe)
    • elder evils (ee)
    • champions of valor (cov) (under consideration)
    • champions of ruin (cor)
    • fiendish codex 1 (fc1)
    • fiendish codex 2 (fc2)

this is consistent with the campaign rule disallowing evil player characters. as the boed, companion volume to the bovd, has been disallowed for certain reasons, the cov, companion volume to the cor, will be likewise evaluated for placement on the disallowed list.
    Last edited by nijineko; 08-01-2009 at 05:46 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    in answer to the question about action points, here is the relevant link in my blog: http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/blog.php?b=608

to specifically answer you, action points were introduced in 3.5 in the unearthed arcana (p.122-124), and became a large part of the eberron campaign setting, and i believe the d20 star wars as well. think of them as fate points of a sort.

here's the basics: you get 5 + 1/2 your current character level (rounded down, as usual). when you spend an action point, you normally roll a die. at levels 1-7 you roll 1d6, at levels 8-14 you roll 2d6, and at levels 15-20, you roll 3d6. you keep the highest die and discard the rest. add the result of the highest die to your d20 roll that you are trying to "fate". presto, new result! ^^

there is a long list of other useful special action effects that you can use an action point on in the unearthed arcana.

generally speaking, i allow use of them as generic fate points to avert something seriously undesirable, regardless of the technical specifics as outlined in the rules. i do however, strictly enforce the number of fate points available, though i have been known to award the occasional point here and there due to really odd dice results, extreme runs of poor rolls, and the like.

there are also a number of feats around various source books that grant various bonuses, extra uses, and the like relating to action points.

i know that someone asked about them before and i said it was fine... but i think i did forget to make that generally known... what with the "anything goes" theme, and all. nonetheless, my bad. *^^*
    Last edited by nijineko; 08-01-2009 at 06:13 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads

Midnight42's posts will be irregular for a while

My wife and I are about to adopt a baby boy from South Korea. We'll be flying there next weekend. While we're there, posting will be spotty. Afterwards, I'll try to keep up with posts, but depending on new-child hassles, it may still be spotty. If necessary, nijineko can take over my character. It's been great playing with everyone.

Thanks,
    midnight42

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    alright everyone. i have some good news and some bad news. as is my wont, i will start with the "bad" news. despite the fact that i've been spending only a fraction of my time with posting on rp and my other online projects, i've been spending too much time on the computer overall. i've noticed behavioral changes in the wife and boys that indicate that i'm too distant, or distracted, or busy... and i won't have that.

so i'll be spending a lot less time on the computer, and more time with the family. which means that the various online based projects and rp i'm involved with will take a serious hit in my attending to them.

the good news is that i will still make an effort to maintain involvement, but it will be more like a once or twice every month or three... or possibly even less often. i will be reachable via email, though much less often via pm or im. if you need to reach me, email me-or call if you have my number. ^^

again, this does not mean i am abandoning anyone, nor does it mean i am dropping anything, per se. if it does come to that somehow, someday, i will let everyone affected know specifically.
    it does mean, however, that there will be loooooong gaps between when i look in to take care of something. if anyone cannot work with this, i fully understand, please contact me to work out any details. =D

like the cat of proverb, i'll always come by again... eventually. ^^

another piece of good news, i have a second part time job, so i am busy learning the in's and out's of that one, in addition to learning the first one. i'm near a month at my first job, and just finished the first week at the second job. looking forward to being able to pay more of the bills, that's for sure!

questions, comments, and in general, communications are welcome!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    going to be offline for a while. my gmail account might get through to me. i might be able to check it occasionally from work. phone is still good for those of you that have it. in the mean time, happy new year! i'll be in touch when i can.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    change in dm'ing policy.

i don't mind admitting that i had been getting rather a headache trying to track who spotted what, or heard what, or similarly dealing with the complex combat via play by post. since i'm home sick today, and thought i'd take advantage of the rare opportunity (due to being home sick) to actually make an update post, i was reviewing the thread, and probably not the best idea that as my headache came back. ^^

so in consequence of making my life easier (for when i do post, however infrequently that is) when the party is in a group, or basically in roughly the same area, and there is not some special environmental factor involved, everyone can still make their individual spot and listen and search (and so forth related checks) and if any of you make it, i'll assume inter-party communication making everyone aware of that fact. this will make things a bit easier on the party, so i may occasionally compensate in small fashions, be warned.

furthermore, update to my personal status: working full-time at one of the jobs i was previously part-time at, for much better wages. now making just enough to get by on a monthly basis. (hooray! especially in these tight financial times! not to mention living in expensive california) going to school online, which is going well even though i had to drop down from full-time to part-time again, but the little ones really need quality time. i can't shirk on that supremely important role of father, as no success outside of my home will ever compensate for failure in my home! picked up a scooter, which is great for getting around oceanside, and saves so much on gas! i pay maybe $4-8 a week for it. =D (not counting breakdowns) religious duties continue as always, it's great to be able to help out others when they really need it. overall, things are going pretty well. =D

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so, i think i will be closing this particular game, in order to concentrate on the games i am playing in, as well as the other game i am running - Carnival of Souls. thanks to all who participated in this game, comments and questions are welcome - just pm/email me.

-- nijineko

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if there is any general interest in this game.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12