Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOTICE: Planned Server Outage

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation NOTICE: Planned Server Outage

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Saturday, March 1st (tomorrow) Pen & Paper Games will be moving to a new server. While the server is being migrated to a new IP address, you may experience a brief time where Pen & Paper Games is not available.

Thank you!
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    congrats on the new server. hope this proves to be a move up for p&pg. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The server will be going down shortly. Hopefully, everything will be back up within a couple of hours.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The server is back up and available, however you may notice a couple of problems while the server is still transitioning, including:

• When accessing the Player Registry, Campaign Invitations or Player Profiles, you may receive an error: "The Google Maps API key used on this web site was registered for a different web site." This error should go away after the transition is complete, HOWEVER you may need to make sure that you are accessing the website by the URL www.penandpapergames.com instead of the IP address.
    • PNP User Bars are not currently functioning. I'm looking into this one.
    If you notice any other problems, please post here or send me a PM.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games

Downloads
    Uploads

Not 100% up?

Is the Article/Blog section of the site still in transition, as I cannot get into it today.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have found that when I go to log in, it now takes 3 attempts for me to actually be completely logged in. This is with checking the box for it to remember me. Was wondering if any one else has ran into this? After I do the third login, everything works fine. If I don't do the second and then third login, I can look at the posts on the boards, but can not post myself.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    cplmac, have you tried clearing your cookies entirely, closing down the browser, and then logging back in? I usually stay logged in all the time, but I haven't noticed any problems. Also make sure that you are accessing the page by the URL www.penandpapergames.com and not by the IP address, which was only used temporarily for the move.

Info, I'll look into the Articles section. I didn't realize they weren't working.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    cplmac, have you tried clearing your cookies entirely, closing down the browser, and then logging back in? I usually stay logged in all the time, but I haven't noticed any problems. Also make sure that you are accessing the page by the URL www.penandpapergames.com and not by the IP address, which was only used temporarily for the move.

Info, I'll look into the Articles section. I didn't realize they weren't working.
    This happened both yesterday and today. When I logged off yesterday, the all cookies cleared message displayed. Haven't tried today. I'll try that now and edit with the result.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't mean just use the "Log Out" button. You may need to clear all of your cookies using the browser options. For instance, in Firefox, I would go to Tools->Clear Private Data, put a check on cookies and click "Clear Private Data Now." Then I'd exit entirely out of the browser and any other browser windows I have open. Reopen the browser and try logging in again.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I completely logged off of my ISP and then reloaded the AOL. Made sure to have the www. in front of penandpapergames.com. When P&PG came up, I was already logged in, without entering my user name and password.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you were already logged in, that means that you didn't clear your cookies. If you are using an AOL browser, perhaps you will need to contact AOL to figure out how to clear your cookies. I'm not sure. I haven't used AOL in about 12 years!
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the assist. I'm thinking it is most likely something with my AOL. Sometimes when they are working on stuff on their end, weird things go on. It's not really a major problem.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hm, I'm getting a blank page for http://www.penandpapergames.com/userpages/ ... even after deleting cookies (in Opera).

Same in IE. Is that the right URL, or do you need to update the Site Navigation menu?
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The cookie clearing was for the problem cplmac was reporting where he would have to login multiple times. I will look into the userpages issue tonight as soon as I get home.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just logged back in after being off for awhile. This time I did have to enter my user name and password, but only had to do so once. Like I said earlier, it was most likely something dealing with my ISP. Just thought I would give the update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast