Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Interview with RPGx.org

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Interview with RPGx.org

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I was recently interviewed by 8xid_x at RPGx.org. If you're interested in hearing a little about the site's origins and maybe a few hints about future developments, check out this article: http://8xid.blogspot.com/2008/02/int...ward-of-p.html

Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good Job !

I hope it shall make the registry fat with new players
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent article. Let's keep em coming!

Developer for Darkage Warlord, a Pen & Paper Games exclusive Medieval Wargame.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    nice interview. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Outstanding! Maybe this will help some of the areas that do not have that many members be able to gain some.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Hello,
    If you haven't met me before, I am the Editor-in-Chief at RPGX. I wanted to let you guys know you have a very cool website and I have been trying to be more active in it. As you can understand that's very hard to do while running 3 other websites. So I apologize if I only post in short bursts. I do not mean to offend.

I also wanted to mention that Mr. Howard is thinking about writing an article for RPGX and I can't wait to see what he comes up with. From what I have seen, the core members at this site have very good ideas and over all I have received a very warm reception. (One of the reasons I have ranked you guys #1 on my list.)

I always have a need for freelance writers to help me keep content going on my site. Should anyone have an idea, suggestion or submission for content at RPGX please contact me via e-mail acidburn@rpgx.org

please keep up the great work.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    what sort of subjects in arcticles do you see your site as lacking in? or at least have less of.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're in need of in depth Japanese culture article I know who you can call
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    really? who might that be?

<.<

>.>

^-^

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not ignoring this... I have been thinking about my answer. Been busy... lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thinking on the kinds of articles I really need was hard.
    I am used to giving out specific assignments to my writers so thinking in general terms was kind of hard.

Right now the site is really weak in the area we call "Table Games" not to be confused with PnP, I'm talking about the table top battle style games like Warhammer, SFB, Heroscape, Advanced Hero Quest.

We are also very thin on CCG (Collectible Card Game) Articles. Actually we have an over abundance of M:tG articles, but nothing else. There are so many card games out there, but my crew can only afford to play a few. (Magic and Vampire : Eternal Struggle) I would love to get articles about Yu-Gi-Oh, Munchikin, PIMP: tB, or anything else out there. (We have a feature that we do every month called "6pt Strategies" The writer makes a 6 card pick and talks about how to integrate these picks into a deck, or some kind of winning strategy. They can work together or be 6 separate picks for 6 different decks. If you haven't read any of these, check some of them out before attempting to write one.

Also, if anyone is interested in writing about the upcoming 4th ed D&D we welcome any informative or opinion based articles.

As far as Japanese culture articles, I would love anything gaming related that you could write. My day job requires me to go to China (Xamen) once or twice a year to check out production. RPG's (in China anyway) are interesting over there. Much of it is done over the computer with visual aids. Even more strange is that regular social activities involve this type of interaction. Kind of like the visual chat rooms. I spent allot of free time in a cyber cafe on my last trip playing Legend of the Five Rings... it was, different. (Not to mention I don't speak very good Mandarin) So communication made things difficult.

But anything like that is good. I like outside the box articles, so anything gaming related is welcome.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there are a few good yahoo groups for that. much more up on current gaming trends in japan than i am. ^^ after all, i don't live in japan anymore, but they are still there!