Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Greetings and Felicitations children of technology
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings and Felicitations children of technology

Downloads
    Uploads

Greetings and Felicitations children of technology

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Greetings, lurkers, posters and threadjackers!
    Denizens of 1000 realms, I salute you. An old crusty misanthrope and general gamer geek back travelling polyglot spheres of existance again, with my faithful side kick Namhamdringandcheesalot.

Hope to cross swords with you soon. On a less lighthearted note I've played many rpg's in the distant past (AD&D mostly but old traveller, runequest, merp, champions, and many others) after a 12-15 yr hiatus began playing in a 3.5 D&D campaign in October.

Glad to see the community has grown and flourished in my absence (though sad about the demise of dragon and dungeon in print-the constant during my non gaming years)

see you on the boards

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm a man of many words that obviously has a pet thesaurus.

As to Dungeon and Dragon I fear it was suicide. I stopped buying them when I was finding less and less of interest between the covers. I miss them frankly. I got some good stuff out of both.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome. Be sure to join the discussions on the boards. It is always nice to learn from those that have been gamers for a lot longer that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by tesral View Post
    Hmm a man of many words that obviously has a pet thesaurus.
    Perhaps it is his minnion?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome aboard! For finding players the Player Registry is an invaluable tool and for recruiting players as a DM the Campaign Invitations forum is perfect. Feel free to join in the discussions. I wish you the best of luck in your search.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cplmac View Post
    Perhaps it is his minnion?
    Snerk!

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do own a thesaurus, but that was straight from the skull...but I digress....it's in my mien, I try to post from the hip. I was feeling a bit frothy and nostalgic...but I see know it alls and old boy networks still hold sway. happy gaming to you anyway...see you on the boards

Downloads
    Uploads
    Be not consternated and eschew your myriad esoteric, baroque lingual mechanisms for the sake of these non-erudite bumpkins!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome, aboard. Feel free to dive right in to the forums as well. We have a great community here. As to finding a group, my advice is to be as proactive as possible. If you haven't already scoured the Player Registry and started sending PMs to people in your area, you may want to consider it. There are plenty of folks in your area registered, and many of them are looking for players. So, with a little luck and persistence, you could be a in a group in no time.

Happy Hunting!
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I remain unconsternated, so accept gratuitous platitudes....and actually the post title is/are the first words of an ancient album by a metal band with the unorthodox monicker of "Carnivore" (a sort of post-armeggedon neo-barbarian "Gamma World" affair) which later turned into the (not all that) much better known "Type O Negative" which I threw out to determine if there were any truly crusty (like myself) individuals out there (you never know)
    Not only that, but I am self aware enough to know that I can be longwinded, and take no offense at being told to shut up, or get to the point, and have a habit of misconstruing the intentions of innocent posters (as words have no eyebrows, much like wormtongue in the LOTR, movies)...blah blah blah blah ad nauseum. all we have is these overused things

water off a ducks back
    (pour one out for the Knights of Genetic Purity)
    @ the esteemed Farcaster: thanks, and have already availed myself of a few leads
    Last edited by amardolem; 03-01-2008 at 03:25 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by amardolem View Post
    Greetings, lurkers, posters and threadjackers!
    Denizens of 1000 realms, I salute you. An old crusty misanthrope and general gamer geek back travelling polyglot spheres of existance again, with my faithful side kick Namhamdringandcheesalot.
    (LOL)

Camp Song Sing Along!...

"On top of old Smokey...

All covered in cheese....

I lost my old..."

(cat calls from the audience)

>Stop the HAM!

>Stop the Cheese!

(clears throat)

"Purple Rain! Purple Rain!"

(whistles)

(same voice - change pitch)

"And where's that bloody RAIN!?"

"On the Plain! on The Plain" -Henry Higgins and Eliza Dolittle- A musical...

(another voice chiming in...)

"And what's its Stupid..Col-ER!?"

"Purple Cheese!"

"Purple Cheese!"

Well, I wish you fun...here.

May you trip the light fantastic and come away thinking "Gee...I am so glad I do not have to play board games with computers..."

Yeah...that's "Know How..."
    <voice over to PBS's Nature Show>

"To Capture Nature and Leave it just the Way you Found it." - a Digital Camera commercial.

Me...mentally sneering a little (Yeah...its almost like you actually saw a leopard and Maybe, maybe your friends will now even believe you caught that fish.)

Be Well...

Jonathan

Downloads
    Uploads
    (insert overused text code here) hysterical!! see I knew there was fun to be had! I'm going to have to rummage around for avatar....

Downloads
    Uploads
    (Turning a whiter shade of pale) "I'll trip the light fandango, over your dead circuits..." (Kicks computer for good measure)

I like Type O Negative. I have seen them a few times at random shows. I was a punk rocker in the early 80's, though. I turned to metal. I have seen Ozzy 17 times, and despite my arthritis, started the mosh pit at the fest before the last.

You can get even better avatars if you look at the sponsor link at the top of the page. Somehow, my generic one seems to fit me in an odd way. I always wonder about the choice of avatars on forums. Do any of them really fit? It is so odd to think that people will come away with notions/prejudices about you, simply based on a little picture attached to your posts...
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    (Turning a whiter shade of pale) "I'll trip the light fandango, over your dead circuits..." (Kicks computer for good measure)

You can get even better avatars if you look at the sponsor link at the top of the page. Somehow, my generic one seems to fit me in an odd way. I always wonder about the choice of avatars on forums. Do any of them really fit? It is so odd to think that people will come away with notions/prejudices about you, simply based on a little picture attached to your posts...
    Yeah...if they ever let us use custom ones I'll just retouch the one that's a default for me now so its matrix/star trek/ me. I think that's the best way to go. Let people think that avatar means something until it doesn't. You be well Rabkala and that's for the private messages last night.
    Last edited by Jonathan Kwiat; 03-02-2008 at 12:35 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

hey

Quote Originally Posted by Riftwalker View Post
    Be not consternated and eschew your myriad esoteric, baroque lingual mechanisms for the sake of these non-erudite bumpkins!
    hey, were you making an insult(scratches head)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nay. Merely offering a salutation on the presumed behalf of the other linguaphiles of this board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast