Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
League of Wonders
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Super Heroic
System Used: Mutants & Masterminds 2nd edition
Style: 75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat
Current Players: 5
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Restricted or Variable Schedule
Days of Week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: PbP right here
Additional Options Looking for Players?: No
Online Game
(PbP right here)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: League of Wonders

Downloads
    Uploads

League of Wonders

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    New evils have arisen in the brave world of 1889: the recent Jack the Ripper, for instance, and the mysterious force that has sunk shipping between the old world and the new. They must be fought. To this end, Queen Victoria has proposed a league of the new wonder men and women who have shown up in some locales.

This will be a PL 10 adventure cum game, 150 points, a gaslight Justice League if you will. Characters must be versions of someone from the DC universe. Reply here or PM me with character concept and history.

Posts every two days are required or the GM will (temporarily, I hope) take over your character. Posts more often might happen, but we will wait in combat involving multiple PCs. Weekends are excluded.

I'm not looking to make this rigorously historical; unless it's relevant to an adventure, we won't be discussing the Corn Law.
    Last edited by kipling; 03-26-2008 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Missing stuff.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i'd be willing to take a stab at this. it will be my first ever pbp... and the first time i'll have ever used this system. so i'll need some setup help. let me read the book(s) first to get an idea, before i start asking questions. that way we can skip a lot of the basics.

can this be any character from dc, any era, any (legit) dc source? (comics, novels, rpg, etc) i'll have to research that a bit to find something i'll want to play. and once i've read the book(s), i'll have a better understanding of how powerful 150pts is.

this sounds most "league of extraordinary gentlemen". my intrest is piqued. count me in, but how much time to i have to learn, research and setup, before you want to start?

if weekends are not counted... that pretty much equates posting 3 times a week, yes?

i wonder if there are any japanese origin characters i could play...
    Last edited by nijineko; 02-24-2008 at 01:03 AM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, elseworlds stiories are pretty much excluded, but most of DC is open.

PL10 150 pts is the default start in the books, though iothers are possible. There is a thread in the Atomic Think Tank that provides level 10 versions of many JL heroes--I'll amend this post to include it later. Normally the big guns of the League are PL13-PL17.

For inspiration: You can look at the pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/crypton...-steamjustice/ or at http://gizmodo.com/343499/steampunk-...action-figures. This (http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?t=22311) is the topic I referred to above.

For being Japanese, well, there aren't many (Katana and Dr. Light are the only two I can think of off-hand) but any hero who is thematically an outsider (such as Booster Gold, or the Martian Manhunter) can simply have adopted Japanese culture to explain why he or she is "different."

As far as rules go, there are nice rules in Unlimited Power, but I shall be trying not to use them. You should need only the core rulebook (and the errata, if yoy don't have the third printing. The errata are available on the M&M website, under Gimmick's Gadgets.)

As far as "when" goes, I'm still debating that--I'm away skiing during the March Break, about March 6-16, so I think we'll start the campaign after that. I would like to start earlier, but we would have to stop immediately for a break, and we still only have three players.
    Last edited by kipling; 02-25-2008 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Inspiration, time

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    in attempting to research this, i've run smack into my ignorance... i somehow never realized just how much dc universe there is! i know most of the big names, and a few of the smaller ones, but that's pretty much where it stops. and there are so many! i was overwhelmed. i guess that i've run into marvel stuff mostly during my life.

however, i received the inspiration to research some of my favorite characters in general, and i found that one of them has been a dc character. =D and as an added bonus, he is already just shy of being from a gaslight time period!

i'll see what i can come up with, once i've read a little more.
    Last edited by nijineko; 02-25-2008 at 05:20 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll hold a space for you.

Mind saying who the one of your favorite characters is?
    GM of a Gaslight JL Mutants & Masterminds game, by PbP.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you kindly! and i would be very happy to play The Shadow. clicking the name will reveal a handy wiki page detailing his comicbook history with dc (and others). i must admit that i haven't read the comics in question (yet), so i will be drawing my understanding of his powers and abilities and skills primarily from the novels. i have a list worked out of what i recall for certain. i'll see if i can manage to put together a character sheet and then i'll let you know and see if i need help. ^^

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds fun

I think my 2 favorite characters would be Superman and the Green Arrow, so whichever one fits your story best I would be interested in playing. thanks, Ballzy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gooday. I would like the chance to join this game. The post requirements are not to difficult and will not interfer with my other responcibilities.
    I am not familiar with M&M but will look up the books at my local Half-Price store.
    The choice of characters, being limited to DC only, will be a challenge for me. I am used to building my own from scratch with the Champions rules.

I will probably chose that streching character who fancies himself as a detective and has to drink some wierd potion each day to keep strechy. Unfortunatly, I do not recall his name since I have not looked at comics in around twenty years or so....
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

I'd certainly suggest Superman; the group needs a little more power, and Superman would lend it an SF feel. (It's very magic-heavy right now.)

The stretchy character would be Ralph Dibny, the Elongated Man. He'd be a useful character.

And that makes six. I assume that people will drop out (PbP has that rep), so starting with six is okay with me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Im assuming Im in...

...and I can make posts, so that is most likely the case.

Nice to be here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like the Man of Steel!

Awesome - I would love to play Superman - I will start putting together the character tomorrow and PM you. I can post daily if needed so no worries on the guidelines. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i found a pl10 superman build over on the m&m forums. ^^ but perhaps you would prefer to build a custom version^^ =D i'd better get busy about mine then... i'm still reading the book, trying to get a feel for it. =D
    Last edited by nijineko; 02-27-2008 at 04:49 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    i found a pl10 superman build over on the m&m forums. ^^ but perhaps you would prefer to build a custom version^^ =D i'd better get busy about mine then... i'm still reading the book, trying to get a feel for it. =D
    I think there are two, actually; I don't know if there's a PL10 Shadow, but there might be. The Dark Avenger is a place to start; I can send you that writeup (it's from one of the PDF accessories) if you want.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i will keep that in mind. =D thank you.

so whom else is being played? you said 'magic' heavy... i'm curious to know.
    Last edited by nijineko; 02-29-2008 at 01:22 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Say Kipling, is there a background for the game we can look into? For example, are we playing in Gotham or the UK?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast