Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Golden d20 Contest

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Golden d20 Contest

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Greetings, my fellow RPG enthusiasts!

I’m pleased to announce Pen & Paper Games’ first “Golden d20” contest! To kick off our first full month, we have three premium, brass finished, Crystal Caste Dwarven Metal Jumbo d20s from dicepool.com to give away. At 34mm, this die will dwarf just about every other die on the table. Better yet, it is made of solid metal with a brass finish, so it looks incredible and when you throw it down, it literally rolls with a thunder. Just be careful not to take out your friend’s miniatures when you drop this bad boy on the gaming table.

The Contest
    To win one of these very cool dice and some extra forum goodies, all you have to do is get the word out to your gaming buddies to come signup on the new Player Registry. The three members who have the most referrals signup between October 1st and October 30th win.

Getting Credit for Referrals
    • Use the quick email a friend feature. On the navigation bar, look for the Quick Links drop down and choose the “Invite a Friend!” link. Type in your friend’s name and email address, change up the subject and message if you like, and hit send. That’s it. If you change the email message, just be sure to leave original URL for the site with the “referrerid” intact.
    • Or, check out this FAQ. Use the URL provided in the FAQ to send to your friends or when you post a link on another site.
    • Another option is to have your friend type in your forum name manually into the “Referrer” field when registering. This is filled in automatically when the referral follows the link in the FAQ or from the email. The “Referrer” field is not required though, so it is easy to miss, so be sure they remember to type in your name.
    The Rewards
    The top three members with the most referrals for the month of October will receive a Brass Finish Dwarven Metal™ 34mm d20 (photo) and the following extra forum goodies: the ability to upload avatars and signature images, and extra space for your PMs, attachments and profile pictures, and our many thanks and recognition.

The Rules
    1. Please do not spam unwanted advertisements by email, on any forums or anywhere else. This doesn’t encourage people to come to the site, and it will be grounds for disqualification from this contest.
    2. Referrals will only be counted for completed, legitimate and verified registrations that occurred between October 1st and October 31st, 2006 and are listed on the player registry.
    3. Contestants must have at least 5 completed referrals during the month of October to qualify.

Extras
    The dice will generally be sent by US Parcel service within 2 weeks of contest completion. I will announce winners by November 7th.

Oh, and if you're looking for some cool dice, including this Bronze d20 and other premium metal or stone dice, check out dicepool.com. The owners are very pleasant to work with and they have an excellent selection of all kinds of dice.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just an update, this contest is still wide open for anyone to win! I have three premium brass-finished Jumbo d20 bad-boys that are just itching for new homes. Don't let a good die go to waste

To send email invitations, remember that we have a built in form you can use: Invite a Friend!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Only two days left on this contest. We have several people close to the minimum (5) referrals. You still have two days to win one of these nice monster d20s

Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, sadly, no one qualified for the golden d20 award this time around (with a minimum of 5 referrals). But I still have these dice to give away... So, I have two to give to Mathogre (since he is in "dire need" after all) and Shadowfire757 who tied for first place. I'd also like to recognize Ron Pyatt who has been an enormous help with getting this site off the ground. Thanks guys!

And be looking for some more opportunities coming up for your chance to win something cool.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bummer that nobody qualified. We need to drive more and more members to this site!!!
    --
    Grimwell

Downloads
    Uploads

Yay!

Alright. That's my name! WOO HOO!!

So nobody got a full 5 huh. Too bad, I tried but I think most of the people I invited had their spam filters dump the invite off. I know of one person I invited who said that he had to remember to pull it out of that folder, don't know if he did or not though. Well, despite not getting the email invites I have been spreading the word myself. So hopefully the gossip chain will bring in more players. I LOVE THIS PLACE!! now if only more people in my area joined up....oh well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's my name too! Thank you Farcaster!!!! Need. Monster. Die. -_^

Oh and lookie at my profile. I got 2 more referrals for a total of 4. I've found another game, Talislanta, and I told some of them about this place. Hoping to have 5 in the not-too-distant future.
    Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. 5 referrals now. Woot woot!
    Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's excellent! Thanks for spreading the word!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It arrived today. It's beautiful! Thank you again. ^_^
    Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mathogre View Post
    It arrived today. It's beautiful! Thank you again. ^_^
    And, was it indeed all that I said? That thing is a monster, is it not? I love the sound of it rolling across the table, smashing miniatures in its thunderous wake.