Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Warhammer 40k?

Downloads
    Uploads

Warhammer 40k?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I just got into warhammer 40k but am finding it rough to get in an army together on a tight budget (the local group that plays plays 1850 point armies and im barely at 200 points with my starter battle for maccrage set) so im wondering if we could maybe set up an exchange if anyone has an army they dont need anymore perhaps we can arrange for me to buy it off of you?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you checked eBay? People sell entire armies on there. If you watch it for a few days you can find a pretty sweet deal here and there. Just do a search on eBay for warhammer 40 and you'll be good to go

Downloads
    Uploads
    yea i been looking and looking but there doesn't seem to be many besides im not a big fan of dealing with people anonymously id rather buy from say someone here on the forums then a random ebay person ya know? none the less if you or anyone you know has war hammer 40k stuff they dont want any more I WANTS IT!!! rofl

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You might consider selling your car for the cash or maybe taking a second mortgage on you house, or both if you want the full 2000 point army.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was moving away from Arizona, the guy that ran the game store in town wept. He said I probably paid the cost of running his store for the 2 years I lived there. During that time I bought 5000 pt of both Chaos and Brentonnia armies. Plus 2000 pt armies for Necro, Tau and Skaven. And that was just minis. Doesn't count RPG books and other misc stuff.
    ... AND ON THE EIGHTH DAY, GOD SAID, "I NEED A DRINK."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsuphilosophy09 View Post
    I just got into warhammer 40k but am finding it rough to get in an army together on a tight budget.
    You mean that you actually started playing WH40K and expected to be able to do it on the cheap?

The last time I remember WK40K being "cheap" was with the Rogue Trader rules since you could create your own vehicles. I'd go to the nearest hobby shop and pick up a M113 APC model kit, modify it a bit, and I'd have a Space Marine transport similar to the Rhino.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsuphilosophy09 View Post
    yea i been looking and looking but there doesn't seem to be many besides im not a big fan of dealing with people anonymously id rather buy from say someone here on the forums then a random ebay person ya know? none the less if you or anyone you know has war hammer 40k stuff they dont want any more I WANTS IT!!! rofl
    Mulsiphix is correct. There are some good deals on Ebay. If you're worried about buying from "anonymous" sellers, find comfort from their respective feedback histories. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Thoth-Amon
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 09-05-2008 at 12:54 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've used ebay, at this point EXCLUSIVELY, for my new army. There are several very good sellers, that have the same items appearing regularly in the auctions. I've got units that retail for over $2 a mini for just over a $1 a mini. On average I save 20% or more. On some I've saved over 50%, and these are for brand new, on the sprue plastics.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a goldmine on Ebay if one digs hard enough. Once i find a reputable dealer, i save his i.d. to favorites. ffclubhero is correct, there are plenty of good sellers on Ebay.

Thoth-Amon

Downloads
    Uploads
    macpac51

that's the ebay seller I've noticed with HUGE volume, every army, open auctions, and if you miss it the first time, check back a few hours later and another auction for the same item will be up. Very highly recommend him/her. I've not had a bad experience, and they have a great rating.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It occurs to me you didn't say what army you picked from the box set.

If it's Marines, the new box set out tomorrow has both the updated rules and you should get close to 1,000 pts. with what you already have, on the other hand, if you chose 'Nids, that is gonna probably take awhile because they are a "Troops" heavy army (and the troops are wwwaaaay cheap points wise).