Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Pathfinder Chronicles: Campaign Setting

Downloads
    Uploads

Pathfinder Chronicles: Campaign Setting

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    <table><tr><td valign="top"></td><td>Pathfinder Chronicles: Campaign Setting [Paizo Publishing, LLC.]
    by Erik Mona, Wayne Reynolds
    Release Date: 2008-08-20
    Amazon Price: <strike>$49.99</strike> $31.49 as of 03/07/2008 09:41:35 AM PST
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Description
    The exciting world of the Pathfinder Adventure Paths comes alive in this massive full-color hardcover tome primed up and ready to go for your new d20 campaign! Detailed sections on more than 40 nations - from the barbaric frontiers of Varisia to the devil-tainted cities of Cheliax to the frigid Hold of the Mammoth Lords - provide a full picture of the world of Golarion, with new rules, new magic and spells, detailed descriptions of more than 30 gods and their religions, and a gorgeous poster map detailing the entire campaign setting.
    </td/</tr></table>

<HR>Price is accurate as of the date/time indicated. Prices and product availability are subject to change. Any price displayed on the Amazon website at the time of purchase will govern the sale of this product. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT SOME OF THE CONTENT THAT WE MAKE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS APPLICATION COMES FROM AMAZON WEB SERVICES. ALL SUCH CONTENT IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS." THIS CONTENT AND YOUR USE OF IT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND/OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.<HR>

Downloads
    Uploads

Campaign Setting

I purchased this setting a few weeks ago and have been very pleased wiht the overall product. The quality and writing are excellent.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am running one of the pathfinder adventure paths...and they are great!

The detail is outstanding, the stories some of the best...they give the players the feel of playing through a novel.

Downloads
    Uploads

Running Pathfinder

I have not played an entire Pathfinder Adventure Path yet but I have incorporated some of the Curse of the Crimson Throne into my game. Excellent writing for their pathways.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm running the Second Darkness adventure path for 2 different groups & playing in a group that is useing the Rise of the rune lord adventure path.

both are amazing, & both groups are useing the pathfinder bete rules.
    Again some of the best work I have seen.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've played some Pathfinder, but moved north, and would love to get it going again sometime soon. I would also agree with Baldwin Stonewood in that i liked what i read so far.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've incorporated the Pathfinders Chronicles Deities into my game, I also carried over Lolth and Gruumsh for my current game. The writing is excellent and I am patiently waiting on the final Pathfinder rules to come out in August.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin Stonewood View Post
    I've incorporated the Pathfinders Chronicles Deities into my game, I also carried over Lolth and Gruumsh for my current game. The writing is excellent and I am patiently waiting on the final Pathfinder rules to come out in August.
    I would have carried over Lolth & Gruumsh too. Great call!
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I find that Idea great ....as you fallow the second Darkness adventure path to its mid point you find out that the Drow of the Pathfinder world dont hold to the her as thier goddess...they have taken to worshiping a multitude of demon & devil lords.

I as a DM have found this refreshing, as it makes the old new again. This is by no means a bash what work s for one game does not work for all and I would even be intrested in a way to work lolth in as a demon Queen in my game at a later time. And my be some help with some rule tweeking of my own.

Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I allow Lolth(not just her) in every world, in some worlds she has plenty of followers(and power), and others, she does not. This allows other Demons and Devils to be used as Gods for the Drow... and others, to be easily made to fit into any campaign. I figure, hey!, they are Gods, Demons, and Devils, why would they be limited to, say, one dimension only. This also works well with characters preference with certain Gods. If his or her God of choice isnt in the world, make that God only have minor control of that world(striving for more followers and greater control). It also gives characters and DM's alike more flexibility for storyline, etc

A great example is when i run WLD. Since it was created for inprisioning the baddies, i take it a step further and say that it houses the baddies from multiply worlds(also allowing characters from differing worlds-imagine the conversation when one speaks of a land the other has never heard of before-just another possibility). This works well when player characters wish to play classes found in one particular world and not another... not to mention, using Gods of individual choice. In the end, it allows players to play whatever they wish, from any sourcebook, from any world. My 2 duckets, but i digress.

Not saying this is the right way, it's just my way to play. Anything that adds flexibility and choice, almost always adds flavor.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 03-31-2009 at 10:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds intresting, I might give it a try. I'm try to get away from the Realms and want new ground.
    Magic is not for parlor tricks.- Sparrow, Second Degree Master

Fragile Things, another slice of forums: http://fragilethings.fr.yuku.com