Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Potential Venues to Promote Pen & Paper Games? - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potential Venues to Promote Pen & Paper Games?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Its very nice, Nijineko! Very good work!
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    that is actually my first ever banner. never made one before. just tossed a few things together and did some touch-up and special effects. i can come up with more. just need raw materials to work with. i'm great at modifying existing stuff, slower at creating from scratch.
    Be wary of existing stuff. If anything is copyrighted don't bother including it. Most of my original banner thread was "borrowed" images. When I found out such borrowing was not desirable I just deleted the thread. Original or public domain goodies preferred

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i'm an artist and writer myself, so i'm sensitive to those issues. =D but i never mind a reminder.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I predict you are going to find this like "trying to herd cats."

I am planning to go to I-Con, which is an Uber-Con at Stony-Brook College Campus in Long Island.

To paraphrase Yogi Berra "That Con is so Busy Nobody Goes There Anymore."

Don't worry with time though good community makes an impact just keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Jonathan Kwiat; 03-01-2008 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Wanted to Encourage great code.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice. I have never actually gone to any con in a costume. I suppose I should more freely accept the title of Geek. I have gone to renaissance fairs in chain mail, that almost counts.
    Hmmm... bumper stickers on people.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    some lady was selling her... ah... bosom as advertising space a while back, on ebay, no less. and another enterprising gent was selling ad space on his vehicle.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    > This was just about my past experiences about I-con,

go yourself if you are in the neighbhorhood.

Yeah I found you gals and guys through the locator feature. I was fed up with the list serves I had to deal with in the past and the old find a game routine at WotC not only seemed to limited me to the games I saw but also what I could offer.

I like Arcana Evolved a lot. I have never got to play that system seriously.

> Extraneous so I delted this post.

Again, this is way too chatty...

I delted this.

I could do open source fonts on that banner but that Earth with the radar scope is beyond me.

Superflous...

sorry I am way too chatty in public spaces...

this is all about Convention Stuff, Roleplaying Game Conventions.
    Last edited by Farcaster; 03-01-2008 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Kwiat View Post
    I predict you are going to find this like "trying to herd cats."

I am planning to go to I-Con, which is an Uber-Con at Stony-Brook College Campus in Long Island.
    Funny, I was going to sugest doing a table at a con, such as Big Apple Con, or at least give out a bunch of postcards/flyers whatever there (AnimeNext and Otakon had flyers and postcards out the wazoo). But I would imagine having a table at big con like Big Apple or Otakon would be really expensive.

I was thinking for a while to a uber-mini-meetup D&D thing sometime in October and if you came in costume, you'd get XP... (I do have the space, btw.)

My gaming store sucks. They don't like people advertising (even if it's a flyer about someone looking for a game).
    There's nothing to fear except fear itself and, of course, the boogeyman.

Co-Organizer of NEPA D&D and Stroudsburg Geeks. Member of Stroudsburg Area Gaming Association.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's funny, when you mentioned "big apple con" my head snapped up to how far away from me you were and for a sec I thought the code Farcaster had put in place wasn't working.

But it is, you are 74 miles away from me.

Well your avatar looks like something from Shrek 2 so I hope I'll remember you. I've see you before, of course.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Kwiat View Post
    That's funny, when you mentioned "big apple con" my head snapped up to how far away from me you were and for a sec I thought the code Farcaster had put in place wasn't working.

But it is, you are 74 miles away from me.

Well your avatar looks like something from Shrek 2 so I hope I'll remember you. I've see you before, of course.
    Yep-I'm that far away from NY! I was thinking of going to Big Apple 07, but never had the time to put in work for a costume.

There's so many more gamers in NY than in PA. If I lived closer to NY, I'd try to find a group.

I happen to be a big fan of Puss. I kinda want to get an avatar from a particular scene in Shrek 3-when Shrek walks up to the 2 kids playing something that rather looks a lot like D&D.

Anyway. If there's anything I could do for you, Farcaster at a con, let me know.
    There's nothing to fear except fear itself and, of course, the boogeyman.

Co-Organizer of NEPA D&D and Stroudsburg Geeks. Member of Stroudsburg Area Gaming Association.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmmm, i could probably recreate that earth logo bit without too much trouble completely on my own. ^^ that would absolutely nix and copyright issues. just needed to let it sit on the back burner for a bit to figure out how i could manage it. ^^

give me a few days/weeks or so, and i'll see about v2.0 of my banner. =D

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are many good ways to make the banner GPL or something and turn over rights to the board if you want.

But you know that better then I so I ain't gonna tell somebody with more graphical skill then me how to do his stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12