Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Greatest Horror Movies Of All Time? - Page 4
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Greatest Horror Movies Of All Time?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Man, I saw Poltergeist and it doesn't stick with me. (Ghost stories in general don't, except for the ones by Saki.) Of course, I saw the original Amityville Horror and very little of that has stuck with me. Bleeding walls; that's all.

And I never saw Kazaam, so it took me a while to realize you were making a joke.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dude! The freaking clown under the bed! I hate freaking clowns to this day!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kipling View Post
    Man, I saw Poltergeist and it doesn't stick with me. (Ghost stories in general don't, except for the ones by Saki.) Of course, I saw the original Amityville Horror and very little of that has stuck with me. Bleeding walls; that's all.

And I never saw Kazaam, so it took me a while to realize you were making a joke.
    Most ghost stories don't do it for me either.

Clowns are so lame, I am not sure why so many fear them. It must be linked to early childhood traumas.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads

For those who speak Spanish

For those who speak Spanish, my 2 favorites:

"El Libro de Piedra - Stone Book" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0242601/

"Hasta el viento tiene miedo - Even the wind is afraid" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061752/

Two gems of Old School Mexican Horror Films.

I would recommend also the Spanish Movie "Tesis - Thesis" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117883/

Saluti
    Carlos

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was just reminded...

There is a very cool and creepy film which balances somewhere between horror and psychological thriller. It is a british film called The Bunker. It is set during WWII and it is about a troop of soldiers who are lost in enemy territory who take cover in an abandoned bunker. It was one of the most enjoyable horror/thriller films I've seen in the last few years.

I also really liked 28 Days Later.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you ever get a chance try "Session 9". http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0261983/
    or "Children Shouldnt play with Dead Things" zombies are good sailors! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068370/

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Drohem View Post
    Dude! The freaking clown under the bed! I hate freaking clowns to this day!
    Ditto
    -and It by Stephen King did not help
    "And then you wake up."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently watched

Black Christmas and Black Dahlia

Both deserve a watch although they can compare nothing to the classic great horror films.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    House of Usher starring Vincent Price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "The Ring" has been one of the only movies in my recent memory to truly freak me out. And despite what many horror afficiandos say, I liked the American version better than the original Japanese ("Ringu").

Most horror movies I find go more for the make one squirm through grossing one out, over preying on those deep dark recesses of the psyche. And that is sad, gross out horror is easy and commonplace, psychological horror is so much more impressive and so damn rare.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just watched Thankskilling.

Check it out if you want to laugh at a horribly purposefully "bad" horror movie.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What? No one mentions Event Horizon? A doorway to another universe of evil and insanity is opened up by a new warpdrive on a spaceship. It's scarier than it sounds.

I was freaked out recenty by Paranormal Activity. To me, it was the most intense horror film I'd ever seen.

The Thing, The Shining, The Exorcist, The Omen, The Ring, The Grudge(american version), The Amityville Horror. All tops in my book.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Faro View Post
    What? No one mentions Event Horizon? A doorway to another universe of evil and insanity is opened up by a new warpdrive on a spaceship. It's scarier than it sounds.
    Great movie. Wrote a Traveller CT module based off of that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsbagley View Post
    "The Ring" has been one of the only movies in my recent memory to truly freak me out. And despite what many horror afficiandos say, I liked the American version better than the original Japanese ("Ringu").
    What i found most strange about that movie is that viewers either got it and loved it or failed to understand why folks loved it so much. I've never known another movie that had that kind of effect on people. Kinda cool, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I was just reminded...

There is a very cool and creepy film which balances somewhere between horror and psychological thriller. It is a british film called The Bunker. It is set during WWII and it is about a troop of soldiers who are lost in enemy territory who take cover in an abandoned bunker. It was one of the most enjoyable horror/thriller films I've seen in the last few years.

That was a great horror flick. I had a WTF experience watching this one. One moment i'm expecting boring, then WTF, this is great!

I also really liked 28 Days Later.

A classic, no question. I heard or read somewhere that they plan to make a trilogy. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by rcawley8@hotmail.com View Post
    "Children Shouldnt play with Dead Things" zombies are good sailors! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068370/
    I just ordered it on Netflix. Can't wait to check it out.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Downloads
    Uploads
    I found the remake of the Fly to be particularly scary from a body horror aspect. When Goldblum asks the computer what happened to the fly and it tells him fusion at the molecular-genetic level, it's one of those "oh crap" moments.
    I can see you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, lets see here.. of course The Thing is an all time classic, can't argue with that. What I didn't see mentioned when I scanned over though... The Descent and The Strangers. Look, I know The Strangers was iffy because of the lack of 'why' in it, but it was unsettling none the less, even more so for people like myself who live out in the rural areas. 28 Days Later is always good, lets see here.. for it's time, The Omega Man by Charleston Heston was a pretty creepy movie. As a person who HATES spiders, Arachnophobia deserves mention. You also have Children of the Corn... someone mentioned Event Horizon, which was a bit ****ed up... The Mist, I thought was pretty damn creepy, and not just because of the crazy mist monsters, religious crazy mob with knives are just as creepy. (Also, more crazy spiders exploding out of a man.) The Exorcist and The Shining is a classic.. Rec is some good shit. I might have to stick with The Thing though at the top of that list...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast