Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anakin has a padawan!!!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Anakin has a padawan!!!!!!!!

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Info on the new Clone Wars cartoon and movie.

Yep, Thats right a movie with an August 15th release date!!!!

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars...ouncement.html

And Anakin has a Togruta padawan! What Jedi Master in their right mind would give that walking dark side time bomb a padawan!??
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I certainly liked the first clone wars series on cartoon network. This could be cool as well.

Of course, a weekly TV show could also be the beginning of the Star War's franchise plunge into mass market mediocrity.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Tremayne View Post

And Anakin has a Togruta padawan! What Jedi Master in their right mind would give that walking dark side time bomb a padawan!??
    i just have one question. . . . . .

How did anakin have a padawan during the clone wars and not a single thing was mentioned in Episode III? did he just forget her or what?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriondel Half-Elven View Post
    i just have one question. . . . . .

How did anakin have a padawan during the clone wars and not a single thing was mentioned in Episode III? did he just forget her or what?
    My vote is that she was killed in action, or she fell to the Dark Side and became a Sith apprentice.

...of course I'm kidding, it's a kids show, but yeah, the very notion that any of the Jedi trusted Anakin with a padawan is a disturbing thought. Perhaps the entire council was out with the space-flu that day.

There's another thread elsewhere where this issue was brought up. I've expressed my opinions there as well.

Edit: I'm also curious about exactly where in the timeline the new Clone Wars movie is supposed to be. My guess is that it is supposed to be somewhere between Season 1 and Season 2 of the animated Clone Wars series because Season 2 leads directly into the intro to Episode III and in Season 1 he was still a padawan himself. Who knows what's going through George's head...
    Last edited by Webhead; 08-25-2008 at 04:04 PM.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Edit: I'm also curious about exactly where in the timeline the new Clone Wars movie is supposed to be. My guess is that it is supposed to be somewhere between Season 1 and Season 2 of the animated Clone Wars series because Season 2 leads directly into the intro to Episode III and in Season 1 he was still a padawan himself. Who knows what's going through George's head...
    My guess is that the micro series Clone Wars is not considered canon. In the current movie Anakin is a Knight and at the beginning of Season 2 is when he is knighted. Yet all of season 2 appears to be a continuous storyline and there is no room for the current movie.

My only conclusion is that the micro series didn't happen or are simply little vignettes that are like fables of the Jedi during the Clone Wars.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well not only that but the movie comes before Episode 3, in which he complains about not being able to have a padawan!!
    Chi-Halfling

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ...My only conclusion is that the micro series didn't happen or are simply little vignettes that are like fables of the Jedi during the Clone Wars.
    Which is kind of a shame because it was quite good. Ah, well...
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Well not only that but the movie comes before Episode 3, in which he complains about not being able to have a padawan!!
    I don't recall Anakin complaining about not having a padawan. He did throw a fit that he wasn't made a master though!

Which is kind of a shame because it was quite good. Ah, well...
    Quite good? I can only like the micro series if I watch it as legends of the Jedi or some such. It is more fantastical than the movies with all the the stunts that the Jedi are pulling, it is kind of ridiculous. I will cite Mace Windu on Dantooine and the entire invasion of Coruscant in the second season. Mace rides a Droid Starfighter as if it were a mount!!??

And that is one thing that I liked about the new movie, it wasn't too over the top with what the characters could do.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ...Quite good? I can only like the micro series if I watch it as legends of the Jedi or some such. It is more fantastical than the movies with all the the stunts that the Jedi are pulling, it is kind of ridiculous. I will cite Mace Windu on Dantooine and the entire invasion of Coruscant in the second season. Mace rides a Droid Starfighter as if it were a mount!!??...
    I agree and view the representation of the events of the series as "this is how children would imagine Jedi from hearing bed time stories".

That said, the action was thrilling and satisfying and it was a fun exploration of what the Clone Wars might have been like. To me, it carried a lot of the Star Wars spirit, highly stylized though it may have been.

Yeah, the Jedi were stylistically overpowered in some respects, but I enjoyed the series for its slightly canted approach to Star Wars storytelling. I thought it was quite good...good enough to buy them and watch them several times (and want to run a campaign based on them...which hasn't happened yet).

I do want to see the new movie. A friend of mine (another huge Star Wars fan) just called me yesterday and said that it was very good.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD

Downloads
    Uploads
    I too own the micro series and have watched it several times over. I enjoy them for what they are.

Yes, the new movie is very good! I am going to see it for the second time this weekend!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't recall Anakin complaining about not having a padawan. He did throw a fit that he wasn't made a master though!

Quite good? I can only like the micro series if I watch it as legends of the Jedi or some such. It is more fantastical than the movies with all the the stunts that the Jedi are pulling, it is kind of ridiculous. I will cite Mace Windu on Dantooine and the entire invasion of Coruscant in the second season. Mace rides a Droid Starfighter as if it were a mount!!??

And that is one thing that I liked about the new movie, it wasn't too over the top with what the characters could do.
    And you can train a padawan unless you are a master, right?
    Chi-Halfling

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    And you can train a padawan unless you are a master, right?
    While it is generally Jedi Masters who take on padawans, Jedi Knights have been known to do so as well (as Obi-Wan did with Anakin). Also, before the conclusion of the New Sith Wars (1000 years before the prequels), a Jedi could accept more than a single padawan at a time. After the New Sith Wars and the Republic Reformation, the Jedi Council created the rule to discourage the taking on of more than one apprentice at a time.
    Last edited by Webhead; 08-29-2008 at 10:53 AM.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD

Downloads
    Uploads
    While it is generally Jedi Masters who take on padawans, Jedi Knights have been known to do so as well (as Obi-Wan did with Anakin). Also, before the conclusion of the New Sith Wars (1000 years before the prequels), a Jedi could accept more than a single padawan at a time. After the New Sith Wars and the Republic Reformation, the Jedi Council created the rule to discourage the taking on of more than one apprentice at a time.
    Ok I guess I just always assumed you had to be a master.
    Chi-Halfling

Downloads
    Uploads
    Usually the rank of master is granted to one who has trained a padawan all the way to knighthood.

It is always sketchy though when what title is given when. I mean, clearly Ashoka is calling Anakin Master but he isn't an "official" master. So who knows!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Usually the rank of master is granted to one who has trained a padawan all the way to knighthood.

It is always sketchy though when what title is given when. I mean, clearly Ashoka is calling Anakin Master but he isn't an "official" master. So who knows!
    It's always been my observation and understanding that the apprentice will refer to their teacher as "Master" whether or not they've been given the "official rank" by the Jedi Council. In that respect, "Master" is more of an honorary term used to express respect and acknowledge the relationship.

Likewise, Republic citizens using the term "Master" when referring to Jedi also seems seperate from actual title.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast