Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
DDM2 Skirmish - Mulsiphix vs Maelstrom - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DDM2 Skirmish - Mulsiphix vs Maelstrom

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    You've got your Baron alone (the big guy) and your Spined Devil with the group. Did you mean to do that?

All right, here's my setup:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mysetup.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	70

Vassal is pretty nice!

Here's the save that has my units if you want to put it together with yours:
    mulsiphix1.txt
    It's not a txt file, but I needed an allowed extension to upload it. Should open in Vassal just fine.

Developer for Darkage Warlord, a Pen & Paper Games exclusive Medieval Wargame.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Downloads
    Uploads
    All right: Next we start the first turn. For your reference, this is how each turn plays:
    1. We both roll initiative. Since I have the higher champion rating, I roll 2d20 again and take the highest.
    2. The winner chooses to activate first or let the other player activate first. The first player activates one unit (I'll describe this next)
    3. The other player activates two units
    4. The first player activates two units
    5. 3 and 4 are repeated until all units are activated once.
    6. We start over at 1 for the next round
    Unit activation:
    • When activated, a unit has a move action and an attack action.
    • The move action can be used to move up to the unit's speed, or shift 1 square without attacks of opportunity.
    • The attack action can be used to use one of the unit's attacks listed at the top of the card, to charge, or to take another move action.
    Moving:
    Moving into any square takes 1 movement point except those with a triangle in it (difficult terrain) which take 2 movement points. The Spined Devil takes one point for any square because of its flight ability. Units can move left, right, up, or down, or diagonally for the same price. One caveat... you can't move diagonally past a wall, you must move around it.

Charging:
    This is an attack and move combined. You must move at least two squares, and at the end of the move you can attack an opponent. To charge, you have to have a line of sight at the beginning of the move.

Attacks of opportunity:
    When a unit moves out of a threatened square (squares adjacent or diagonal to a unit) that unit gets an attack of opportunity. This is the basic attack, the one at the top of the card. You also get an attack of opportunity if your opponent uses a ranged weapon while adjacent to you.
    Last edited by Maelstrom; 02-14-2008 at 06:35 AM.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's something we can improve and work up to update the status of the game:

Round 1

Mulsiphix
    Victory Points: 0

Units:
    Sahaugin Baron
    HP: 60/60
    Champion Abilities left: 3
    Claw Rake uses left: 2

Spined Devil
    HP: 45/45
    Spine Shield uses left: 2

Yuan-Ti Malison
    HP: 35/35
    Cause Fear uses left: 2

Flame Snake
    HP: 30/30
    Special: +2 Att, +2 Def (Yuan-Ti ability)

Maelstrom
    Victory Points: 0

Units:
    Mercenary General
    HP: 65/65
    Champion abilities left: 4
    Special: Mounted on Warhorse

Warhorse
    HP: 45/45

Militia Archer 1 (left)
    HP: 40/40
    Champion abilities left: 2

Militia Archer 2 (right)
    HP: 40/40
    Champion abilities left: 2

Halfling Enchanter
    HP: 50/50
    Hesitate uses left: 1
    Mirror Image uses left: 2
    Vertigo uses left: 2

I rolled 2 d20s for initiative, and got 2 and 6 (wince). Roll your initiative, and if you win you choose whether to move first or let me move. In the first round, its probably best to have me move first so you can see where I'm going, since I won't be able to immediately attack any of your units. If you lose initiative, go ahead and move one of your units first.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    (whispers quietly: yea! vassal!)
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to let you know that today is my Anniversary as well as Valentine's Day. I don't think I'll have time to play a round today. I shouldn't have a problem getting one or two in tomorrow though. Glad to hear you like Vassal

Downloads
    Uploads
    Today was no better. Sorry for the delay Maelstrom. I'm usually much more dependable than this. Tomorrow should be better

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's all good I don't think I would have much time to respond the last couple days anyways.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nor have I. Glad to know I haven't left you hanging. Last night I have my second five hour D&D session and I've been running a lot of errands for my mom lately. Sharing a car is worse than having one that hardly works hehe. Well having an AC is pretty nice though. Last summer in my old clunker was pretty bad. Things should clear up for me soon. Thank you for being patient and understanding

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to poke in. Have you tried using Vassal? They have all of the miniatures loaded and all of the maps.

http://www.vassalengine.org/communit...&module_id=202

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually read through your entire thread this time and saw that you at least were talking about using the Vassal program. Couple things have been going on since October. You probably know about Wizards pulling support for the skirmish game. However they did give the license to run with it to the DDM Guiild, here is the link to the site for more information about what they are doing and what is in the works.

http://www.ddmguild.com/

Also Vassal has been updated as of a couple days ago to include the Half maps which are for 100 point matches, the Hordelings Fund Raisser map, and the Fallen Fortress map that was supposed to be released with the next set of miniatures that was canceled. One other thing, Vassal has been a little on the unstable side recently and some people have gotten bumped off the server during a match. Just save your game and try to reconnect or there is also an option to play peer to peer. They have also added a lock featuer to the game room for privacy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123