Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone play M+M?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix View Post
    So in essence M&M is a supers game, built on a point buy system, that is extremely complex, but tailored heavily for super settings right? That is True20 is better suited for fantasy and other class based settings right?
    I wouldn't say "extremely complex". At least as simple as GURPS, and possibly simpler.

But otherwise that's right. True20 is more of a D&D/d20 Light.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix View Post
    So in essence M&M is a supers game, built on a point buy system, that is extremely complex, but tailored heavily for super settings right? That is True20 is better suited for fantasy and other class based settings right?
    M&M is a point buy system, of medium complexity, tailored for "cinematic" settings. Without the art, there is very little mechanically, that truly suggests supers.

True20 cleaves closer to D&D3.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Tarot, and Fmitchell Yes Mulsiphix... what they said. I find it you can also create alternate worlds by using the same core book without having to buy other sorcebooks the only thing you need is time and patience. Which I have hardly any to spare. Latley I have been toying around the idea using Jim Butchers world and creating a Harry Dresden RPG using M+M. It's a very flexable system

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if online play near my schedule was a possibility, i would be happy to try M+M. i'm always willing to take a look at new systems. and i have a fondness for superhero games in general. let me know. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my search I came across this Wiki site http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Mutant...urce:Main_Page

I found it very entertaining

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I think the scaling at the low end suggests supers. The knockback also suggests supers--but yeah, it can be used for lots of other things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd say that what Mulsiphix said is reasonably true. I'd probably put it in the middling complex category: less complex than Hero; if you have D20 experience, you should be fine but if you don't have D20 experience, then it can be confusing. (I didn't, for what it's worth.)

I came here from the Atomic Think Tank, so the summoning does work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kipling View Post
    I'd say that what Mulsiphix said is reasonably true. I'd probably put it in the middling complex category: less complex than Hero; if you have D20 experience, you should be fine but if you don't have D20 experience, then it can be confusing. (I didn't, for what it's worth.)

I came here from the Atomic Think Tank, so the summoning does work.

How did you like the game play over all?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still have glitches, and I think damage is still too complicated for a supers game, but in general I liked it, and would run it again.

Actually, I wrote up the M&M adventure I ran, over on the Atomic Think Tank: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?t=25541

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still have glitches, and I think damage is still too complicated for a supers game, but in general I liked it, and would run it again.

Actually, I wrote up the M&M adventure I ran, over on the Atomic Think Tank: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?t=25541
    Oh... that was you? I remember reading that. I thought it was really good.

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Thank you.

Of course, the players get most of the credit along with the writer of the module. I just put it all together.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And...I think I'll run something here, if I can figure out how. It will be in Mutants and Masterminds, so folks can see.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And...I think I'll run something here, if I can figure out how. It will be in Mutants and Masterminds, so folks can see.
    Shoot me a email, or pm me when your ready
    Last edited by Citadel; 02-24-2008 at 11:20 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, please. contact myself as well.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, having played DC Heroes RPG, TSR's Marvel, and Marvel SAGA and having dabbled in Champions, Hero, etc. I have to say that M&M is the best super's system I've played yet!

There's somewhat of a learning curve to character creation, you catch on fairly quickly and the system makes for just about any character concept possible. Ultimate Power gives you the ability to add detail and complexity to your powers as well as the ability to create your own. Masterminds Manual gives you rule alternitives including the rules to have Hit Points if you like!
    Great game, great system! I'd highly recomend it!
    [/commercial]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast