Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: showthread_campaign in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591
nijineko-anything goes:16
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: D&D 3.0, 3.5
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location City: tallahassee,
State: fl
Game Times Frequency: Monthly
Days of Week: Tuesday, Wednesday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: pbp, built in die roller (thanks farcaster!)
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(pbp, built in die roller (thanks farcaster!))

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: nijineko-anything goes:16

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

nijineko-anything goes:16

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    this is an indication-of-interest post. i am seeking to sound out the level of interest and availability of members of the forum. first, some background:

i have, in the past, attempted to run campaigns for which the usual troubles occurred. people not being able to show up. but i felt bad for the people who did show up. they didn't want to continue the campaign without the rest of the party, and i don't blame them.

my solution? run a second campaign. to those of you that just went, "nani!?" or some variation thereof, i shall elucidate. my second campaign is run at 16th level. pretty much anything goes. if people can't show up, then we play this one instead, with whomever does show. continuity is not of primary concern. that way the people who do show get to play. we relax, have fun, and try out all the stuff we've always wanted to try, at whatever level we want, up to 16. finished trying out one character? replace him with your next test idea! and so forth. ^^ this is the it's no big deal, we're just having fun campaign.

this campaign became quite popular. i've even had requests for it. one guy was inspired to try dm'ing because of it. the name of the campaign is actually a play on the name of a super-hero group i was playing in gurps, just fyi. ^^ so, here's the rules:

you may use all wotc "official content" materials, with two exceptions mentioned shortly. this includes all website material, all dragon and dungeon magazines' material, and all but two wotc books. the book of exalted deeds and the book of vile darkness are not allowed, nor are any material that appeared in these books, even if printed in other sources. as the starting level is capped at 16, epic level handbook and deities and demigods are not eligible... at least not until you hit epic level, or manage to finagle becoming a power.

stats are rolled 'in person' via crystalball lite using the 4d6:keep3:x3columnsof6 method. i'll explain that further if needed when needed.

any level up to 16th is permitted. starting wealth is that of a character of the appropriate level. (max, if you pick first level for whatever reason.) please build characters level by level so that you don't accidently choose a level for which you technically can't qualify at that point.

if we get to the point of considering actually starting a campign, characters need to be vetted by me and my rather lax standards (lax only for this campaign, that is). basically, if it makes me go hmmm, i'll double check the math.

i expect well thought out background stories. with detail. and lots of excuses and reasons. this is the part you have to work on. justify your existence or cease to. i want results here, people! this is where you show me just how interested in this campaign you really are. while i'm just garnering how much interest there might be in this idea, it wouldn't hurt the chances of convincing me if there are some cool concepts and background stories coming to the table.

did i miss anything? feel free to ask me questions! =D

edit: oh yeah, the last time we played this, we had a gnomish barbarian bear warrior, a half-orc tattooed monk (can we say fast-ball special, boys and girls? we called it the cannon-bear shot in the campaign...), a human dervish (ginsu insanity), a dwarvish grappler-type, a human master of the unseen hand, and a human cleric (we called him speed-mace). two of these were actually my characters, to round out the options (the wizard and cleric). having the four-food groups never hurts. after all, monsters need a balanced diet too!

edit2: and i am on 3rd shift, eastern standard time. so i am available from 11pm-midnight on into the morning on my days off. my days off change every four weeks, so the available time will as well.
    Last edited by nijineko; 03-17-2008 at 12:12 AM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    whoa, weird, somehow the number of desired players got set to "1". not what i wanted. i'm wanting 1-4 players. =D hope that makes a difference.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested, but i'm new to online rpgs so you may need to walk me thru it a little at first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to play, is there still room?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would also be interested if there was still room

Downloads
    Uploads
    I could be swayed a bit. One question though...why no BoED or BoVD? I haven't seen anything out of those books that would be game breakers, but I've only really looked at the content for Monks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    BoED can get a little broken as the same with BoVD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Used BoED, just not BoVD. Never had the issues, most of my group had more problems with Bo9S than anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man I loved my warblade, i was hoping to get to play one again

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BardRougeBabe View Post
    I'm interested, but i'm new to online rpgs so you may need to walk me thru it a little at first.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkfoote View Post
    I would like to play, is there still room?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashilyn View Post
    I would also be interested if there was still room
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dweller View Post
    I could be swayed a bit. One question though...why no BoED or BoVD? I haven't seen anything out of those books that would be game breakers, but I've only really looked at the content for Monks.

whee! responders! i am grateful for everyone's interest. i will be happy to help walk anyone through the processes of getting the programs, port forwarding the routers if needed, and getting connections to work. it may take some effort over a bit of time to get it all set up.

about the books, oddly enough it was some content in the boed that bothered me very much, and i'm not a supporter of evil in general, so when the bovd came out i didn't even look in it. ^^ however, i've caught enough discussion on the wotc forums about the contents of both books that i can consider myself reasonably informed. as a description of what it is to be good or evil, i feel that both books fail. i also have some philosophical and theological differences with the concepts and mechanics i have been exposed to, and i don't want to put the anymore of that content into my mind, frankly. quirky me. your body may be what you eat, but your mind is what you input. the old gigo concept.

now before we officially get anything started, everyone did take note of my second edit, yes? the parts about my working 3rd shift, eastern? not starting til 11pm to midnight or so? just wanted to double check this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw that. No problems here.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    awesome! happiness. ^^

Downloads
    Uploads
    awesome, Where is this die rolling system you want us to use. Is it something we have to buy?
    Last edited by jkfoote; 02-17-2008 at 11:06 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I should be ok...but after the first game I might have to back out depending how it kills me the next day. One idea...we could also get skype or some such and keep typing to a minimum...you'll get tierd of me eventually as I'm a horindious speller most of the time and have a bad habit of fat fingering things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to try it out. I am really new to it so you will have to send me some private messages on how it works and what i will need to get to start it.

Thankyou,
    D'argos

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast