Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's going to TotalCon??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    i know where you can get more free lessons (other than from me) in japanese if anyone is interested.
    I love learning a little bit here and there on the board though

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ummmm, so back to my original post (I love watching posts change subjects completely. I was wondering who I might meet at a con, and now I'm getting lessons in Japanese!!

Anybody going to TotalCon???

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well, i could tell you how to pronounce "totalcon" in japanese... but i'm afraid that's too far for me to travel on my budget and time constraints.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a con here in Dallas this very month.

ConDFW. There will be gaming all weekend as well as Peter Beagle, the author of the Last Unicorn and an MST3K-like session on Friday night called 'Talking during the Movie'.

go to www.condfw.org for details.

I am the programming director and can answer any questions.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy crap right in my back yard! I need to figure out if I can find something to do with my kids. Other than gaming, what else will be at the con gdmcbride?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix View Post
    Holy crap right in my back yard! I need to figure out if I can find something to do with my kids. Other than gaming, what else will be at the con gdmcbride?
    Visiting the web site will give complete information. Its a small con -- 300 to 500 people. Panels, 50+ guests, readings by authors, dealers room, art show, room parties, gaming, talking during the movie, a sci-fi spelling bee...

It's a con. Plus you can learn about all the other Dallas cons that will occur all year.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    Many thanks for the info

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey yeah. Glad to hear of this one. I'll be there, especially with such a nice price. I think I'll set up vacation time for Friday and Monday(to rest). That way I won't have to call in sick!

Now I wonder, which form of Illuminate will they present? Shall I bring my factory deck?
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey yeah. Glad to hear of this one. I'll be there, especially with such a nice price. I think I'll set up vacation time for Friday and Monday(to rest). That way I won't have to call in sick!

Now I wonder, which form of Illuminate will they present? Shall I bring my factory deck?
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so now we STILL don't know if anyone is going to totalcon.... ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I doubt anybody is. After two pages, nothing. It starts in five days.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ara. hopefully upidstay will give us a report on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will keep you all posted. Pre-registered for friday and saturday. Playing alot of "characters provided" adventures.
    One is an "all elf" adventure, then some Car Wars (need some mayhem and destruction). Playing one called "Unleash your inner ogre" where the characters are, yep you guessed it, ogres. That one sounds like fun. Also playing an all dwarf adventure where we have to free the sacred homeland from the goblin hordes.
    I'll let you all know how it was.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got back really early sunday morning from the con. Had a frickin' blast. Here's how it went:

Left friday morning in the middle of a snow storm. Ended up getting 8" of the white stuff. That plus a 100 mile drive made an interesting ride. Made it there no problem. Got upgraded to a suite (with 2 beds) after they ran out of regular rooms with 2 beds (my friend Steve and I are close, but not THAT close).

1st adventure was a D+D 3.5, all elf adventure. I got stuck playing the cleric, wanted an archer. Couldn't roll above a 7 the whole game, but my Recitation and Haste spells saved the game, and my summoned Celestial Bear scared off the horses, saving us from having to fight mounted troops.

2nd event was Car Wars. I'm a total newb to this game, and we played in a free for all with 12 other veteran players. Needless to say, I got turned into a red mist in the first 5 minutes. Still had a blast, and NOW know how to play.

3rd event was an "AD+D variant". This meant you could play any version from AD+D to 3.5, as long as you stuck to the rules. Great story line, DM was a very nice, veteran player. But we got off on waaaaaay to many tangeants, had 1 player who kept wanting to scout out everything, and basically wasted 2 hours of a 4 hour game slot doing nothing.

4th event was the ogre game. We were a bunch of ogres trying to get a curse making us all good lifted. Had a frickin' blast. I had a +1 spiked chain of Speed. Got to smash lots of stuff.

5th and final was an all dwarf suicide mission. We had to get into our ancestral citadel homeland, open the gates to let the dwarf armies in. Under the noses of 3000 orcs, hundreds of ogres, and a few dozen giants. We were told it was a suicide mission, and were all expected to die good, dwarven deaths. Got off to a bumpy start with some of the players not using their abilities, but the final tally was 1 dire bear, 24 ogres, 5 ettins, 4 ogre magi, 1 formorian giant, and 250+ orcs dead. All by 6 dwarves. Oh, and we opened the gate, got our citadel back. My friend Steve, playing a Paladin, criticaled the formorian, almost dropped him with one shot. Basically saved the party. I was in negative hp 4 times, but had the Die Hard feat (lets you function, 1 action only, in - hp). Awesome fight. Thanks Doug!!

Definitely going back next year. Great convention. I highly recomend it to anybody in the New England area. Very nice hotel, indoor pool, good resteraunt. Con had a pretty good dealers room. Reaper Miniatures was there doing painting classes, demos, contests. There was pretty much something for everyone. Very family/kid friendly. Lots of RPGA events, tons of board games, video game room with an XBox 360, a Wii, and 2 PS2's.

Anyway, thats it. Had a blast, can't wait until next year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right on! Glad you had a blast.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast