Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Midieval Wargame - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Midieval Wargame

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Slow and ponderous is what wargames are about . I think more combat should be the biggest focus. Once actual wargaming is able to take place the game can expand in any direction (story elements, travel, campaigning rules, salvaging producing more than just recovering your losses, funding, politics, setting/background fleshing, etc...

From your point of view how far along is the combat? Is there a lot you would like to see added? Ideas you've considered implementing or defining further? I've got plenty of questions but want focus on what your most interested in fleshing out at this time.

I'm also good for play testing. Something like MapTool would be great. I could put together some maps from stuff I've found on the internet if you wanted to try that out. Very excited to see a wargame added to the play by post section here at PnPG. I've considered running a BattleTech game many times but just don't have the time right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the above stats and rules are pretty much enough to play a skirmish. Only thing missing are actual movement rules and such. We need to specify what constitutes a charge, being set for a charge, bonuses for flanking, whether you can move when adjacent to an enemy, unit movement orders, etc.

I'm working on an army-building utility as we speak, so it won't be long before we can get a play by post thing going. In the past I've playtested the skirmish elements of the wargame by having two players each have an allotment of training time and material and trying to build an unbalanced force aso things could be rebalanced.

If you want to come up with a map to use that'd be great. We could start just with an open field. It just needs to be big enough so opposing sides can't hit with the longbow in the first turn or so (range 12), so 22+ hexes wide would work.
    Last edited by Maelstrom; 02-07-2008 at 06:10 AM.

Developer for Darkage Warlord, a Pen & Paper Games exclusive Medieval Wargame.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can easily create a map using Heavymetal Map which is a BattleTech map maker. I've sent you a PM. I think at this point we really need to touch base and play a couple games ourselves. Well I want to play anyway lol. Then we can move onto play by post. Just need to figure out a few of the specifics; how will players track movement in the play by post, dice rolling, some form of character or game session sheet, etc... Talk to you soon

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool

New to P&PG, but not new to the world of gaming. Mostly played RPG games like D&D and such, but been reading and looking into wargames. This kind of game is right up my alley and like what I see hear. I am not able to access the map tools you guys have mentioned at work due to sonicwall. However, I can at home! So I am all for pitching in my thoughts and ideas to help out with the process of this game format. Would love to actually play too!
    When I visit reality, I go as a tourist.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you'all ever maptool this yet? it seems with the macros and such it would be perfect (I play in a maptool d&d game) Ever play Fields of Glory? I stumbled onto a tournament last week, and it was pretty cool, (I kind of skimmed the rules above-at first I couldn't figure out what the thread was about because tho I swear I haven't checked it out, it started me on the second page...doh! But I'd be into this, with maybe just a little help now and again. I have the original "Chainmail" some where as well as "Swords and Spells" small book supplement to the original D&D, and the original Battlesystem (although It went almost completely unused due to a dearth of any interested players other than myself-there was no PnP games to find other freaks thru!)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not very familiar with MapTool. If its anything like OpenRPG, which it sounds like it is, it would be a great avenue to play something like this. You just need a few stats for each unit on the field (probably 10 or so per side for a smaller skirmish). Having the built in dice rolling capabilities would be really nice.

Another program I considered is Vandal, which is what some people use to play D&D Minis online now. It allows turn-based gameplay where you can play though in one sitting or play by email, lets you create what ever rule system you need along the lines of a tabletop wargame, etc. It would take a bit of work to get it set up there though.

Make sure to take a look at the link in my signiture, as the rules here have been updated a bit. I also created a .NET army builder, so you can create an army: http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...ead.php?t=5366

Developer for Darkage Warlord, a Pen & Paper Games exclusive Medieval Wargame.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12