Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Hero Powers

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Super Hero Powers

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I've read about some pretty "out there" super hero powers gamers have used in super pen and papers. If you have one, even if it is just an idea and was never used, that you think is unique, hilarious, bad***, or otherwise amusing, please do share.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a good one. This from Deeds Not Words. It is a d20 System based Super Hero game. This is in the list of super powers:

TOTAL CONSCIOUSNESS [ Fiat ]
    Prerequisite:
    Must have caddied for the Dalai Lama

Power List:
    General

Range:
    Self

Activation Cost:
    None

Sustained Cost:
    None

Time Taken:
    None

Base Cost:
    None
    Sadly, your character cannot actually receive this power
    until hes on his death-bed. But hey, at least hes got this
    going for him.

Obviously, the author has a sense of humor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    my character was a pacifist druid with the innate power to control the time and space around her. when her minitour friend's herat was grazed by an arrow she used her power to create a sphere of acclerated time to heal the heart. she forgot to first bandage the wound and killed her friend in one round. she was in shock and went into a coma.

moral: power and stupidity can kill even for the good of minitour kind

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a villain for a Champions game who had a body made of rock/stone/brick/asphalt/concrete, who would teleport, leaving his body behind then ripping his way out of a nearby road or wall in a new body.

I eventually gave him some shapeshift powers and reformed him as a "sculptor."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a character with the Rambo power, where as long as he was running at the enemies they couldn't hit him with projectile weapons.

I also had a character that had a "trench coat of many things."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had many... original ideas in my time. Unfortunately I have a R-Rated imagination and can't share

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Drohem View Post
    TOTAL CONSCIOUSNESS [ Fiat ]
    I owned a Fiat once. And when they say 'fix it again tomorrow', they're serious.
    "And then you wake up."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TAROT View Post
    I had a villain for a Champions game who had a body made of rock/stone/brick/asphalt/concrete, who would teleport, leaving his body behind then ripping his way out of a nearby road or wall in a new body.

I eventually gave him some shapeshift powers and reformed him as a "sculptor."
    That is an awesome character! I could definitely see a comic series for that one. The visual would be incredible. I want to play it now.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    That is an awesome character! I could definitely see a comic series for that one. The visual would be incredible. I want to play it now.
    I had fun. I've posted a version over to the articles section.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In college one of the guys I played Champions with described "Pull-Yourself-Together-Man", who separated into multiple independent parts: hands, legs, torso, eyes ...

Oddly enough, there's a power like that in both GURPS Powers and Mutants and Masterminds, so maybe it's not as uncommon as I thought.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fmitchell View Post
    In college one of the guys I played Champions with described "Pull-Yourself-Together-Man", who separated into multiple independent parts: hands, legs, torso, eyes ...

Oddly enough, there's a power like that in both GURPS Powers and Mutants and Masterminds, so maybe it's not as uncommon as I thought.
    And predating those with the MSHRPG Ultimate Powers Book.

I have a friend who built, but never played Doctor Decompose. We came up with all sort of wacky powers for him in Champions such as N-Ray Vision (this was old school Champions), only for seeing over objects. Doc would pull his head off and toss it up in the air.

There was even a character named Captain Marvel (no, not the Big Red Cheese or the Kree Warrior, or any other character from the Big Two who shared the name) in the sixties who was an android who could fall to pieces and attack with the disattached parts.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fmitchell View Post

Yep...Anatomic Seperation.

There are quite a few interesting characters/powers that I've seen or heard stories of from friends.

In a Marvel Super Heroes game, a friend played a character nicknamed "Captain Red-Shirt". His randomly rolled powers all involved regeneration and self-healing of some form and were at high levels. Unfortunately, those were his only powers, so his role in the team's "battle tactics" involved him distracting the villains while the other heroes did their thing or otherwise jumping in the way of danger. This usually involved Captain Red-Shirt getting blasted to pieces or otherwise being horribly mangled, from which he would invariably regenerate a few hours later.

There was a Champions character that someone told me about (I forget the name) who had the ability to "Detect Good and Evil". Unfortunately, the player had taken the flaw "Always Wrong", which meant that he believed the good people to be villains and the villains to be heroes and would behave accordingly.

There was another character I was told about who I believe was named "Captain Indifference". His favorite quote was, "This looks like a job for...someone else!" At which point he would walk off.

I played a character in a Champions game once who's name was "Mr. Hero". His powers weren't what made him unusual (he had standard "brick" type abilities) but rather, his personality. He was a rich playboy-type who, upon discovering his super powers, decided to be the world's "Most Marketable" super hero. Thus he donned a costume, created a simple, catchy, easy-to-remember hero name and started his own company to merchandise it. The company was named Hero Industries and they manufactured everything from Mr. Hero action figures, to lunchboxes, coloring books, animated cartoons, etc. He would constantly stick around after battle waiting for news crews to arrive so he could get his "free press" for the exposure and to put his face and name into the hearts, minds and wallets of the people.

A friend once asked me if he could play a hero for Mutants & Masterminds called "Stink Bug" who was basically a kid in a home-made costume who had chronic gas...Not even "weaponized" flatulence a la the Spleen from Mystery Men. No...he just had bad gas and wanted to use it to fight crime.

More to come as I recall them...I'm debating whether or not to go into detail of the telepathic, telekinetic, anthropomorphic, psychotic, science lab-rabbit that a friend played in my M&M game...
    Last edited by Webhead; 07-02-2008 at 01:52 PM.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As most of my characters, they use their inner souls and such for power, each having their own supernatural powers and such blah blah blah.. you know the rest!
    "When I look into the skies, I always spot the same clouds that I saw when I was just a small child. To this day..those clouds mean nothing to anyone else but me. I'm the only one whom saw them, so I gave them my love.." - Avlien Ragui

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well... i had a few interesting heroes whom were designed for the purpose of expressing powers oddly. it was a bit of an experiment that i set myself once i finally noticed that powers were "user definable" and the implication of what that really meant set in.

the first attempt i'll share was this guy who had your standard 'laser sword' ala it's-not-really-a-light-sabre-really-it-isn't power. it was actually a ranged laser attack limited to about a 5' reach. he had been exposed to some creepy-way-out there alien stuff and used his laser sword to scribe symbols which had various side effects as disadvantages. only he wasn't immune to the side effects, only the basic laser. he was fond of using the basic laser sword version of the power to stab somebody behind him via a sepukku-like move. (as in, stab himself through the heart or gut to hit them.)

the second attempt i'll share was a girl who's powers were defined as her funky chambara kung-fu street fighter moves. for the powers where she wound up somewhere else the attack power was linked with some kind of movement power. i was well on my way to defining every streetfighter2 move that i liked as a super power in that system. ^^ plus a few custom-builts that i added. i even drew a pic of her 'finishing move'. maybe i'll post that sometime.

the last attempt i'll share with you was one of my favorites. she was a very very wealthy and attractive young lady who was rather famous for her wealth and being known for hanging out with celebrities rather than her powers. she came from the middle east and her powers had related themes. she could summon all manner of djinn servants who would do various things for her. my personal favorite was the time that she was in combat with someone and offered to bribe them to not attack her. she snapped her fingers and this little djinn appears staggering under the weight of a big bag of gold. she directs the djinn to give the character this gold. lucky for her the character in question was a very greedy individual and so he gladly took it. and asked for more. so she arched an elegant eyebrow and made some comment about her life being worth more to her than this pittance and repeated the djjinn-giving-gold bit. and a third time. then she sauntered off away from that particular combatant who was gleefully counting the gold. which then promptly detonated in a spectacular triple explosion. can we say delayed user-sets-the-countdown-time-so-that-all-three-go-off-in-the-same-turn area-affect blast power? i have seldom seen so stunned a look on a player's face.

let's just say that i love user-definable powers. heheheheh. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    well my favorite was for a character i mad eup called magician. he had summoning and low level hex bolts.

Basically his powers used the rules for summoning under magic but only summoning he could not invoke. he would spend a panel (turn) spending red stones to come up with a creature to do his fighting for him while he hung back. some of them would fit little roles he had out so he was soemtimes summoning a few of the same ones.

his big tank was called the fat lady- she was 12 feet tall and resembled the blob in a blonde wig and red pocadot dress.

His scrapper was called the Drill sargeant- basically the guy from full metal jacket.

His hard core air assoult guy was the dragon from Dragonhart complete with Sean connery voice. "I AM THE LAST ONE"

That is one of the funnest characters ever to play. But comeing up with new things too summon was hard but fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast