Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Fan Conversion (Vampire the Masquerade to nWOD)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fan Conversion (Vampire the Masquerade to nWOD)

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I couldn't sleep last night so I wrote up the way I would convert the base 7 clans, feel free to post your own. I took some liberties in the weaknesses for something I feel is more appropriate.

Bruja - Celerity, Majesty, Vigor. -2 to frenzy rolls

Gangrel - Animalism, Protean, Resilience. No 10 again on resolve or composer rolls

Nosferatu - Animalism, Obfuscate, Vigor. No 10 again on presence or manipulation rolls.

Malkavian - Auspex, Nightmeres, Obfuscate. Start with 1 Derangement, -2 for derangement rolls

Toreador - Auspex, Celerity, Majesty. -2 for humanity and derangement rolls

Tremere - Auspex, Dominate, Surki (OD, spelling is wrong will correct when I have the book in front of me). Humanity limits social tests for vampires as well as mortals. -1 die for humanity rolls

Ventrue - Dominate, Majesty, Resilience. -1 die for derangement rolls, a -2 resolve roll must be made in order to drink from a non-high status mortal.
    Last edited by MortonStromgal; 02-05-2008 at 08:54 AM.
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also don't care for preditor's taint therefore its gone and protean 1 goes back to the glowing red eyes that help you see in the dark.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like your Malkavians better than theirs, that's for sure. I miss the dementia discipline though

I don't get the idea of the weakness you give Toreador

I'm quite a fan of discipline Nightmare and find it matches to Nosferatu nicely. But I think both sets of discipline work... Maybe there should be a split between urban Nosferatu and "kind of rural" ones ?
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks I like my Malkavians to

I just finished the write ups last night, I'll edit this post with them tonight. Then you might understand where I was trying to go with the Toreador.

For the Nosferatu I think Animalism, Nightmere, Obfuscate makes the most sense but for now I'm trying to keep them close to VtM and that would break the every clan having a physical discipline thing they seam to have. I also would prefer Animalism, Dominate, Majesty for the Ventrue.

*write ups* - I didn't write most of it, I only altered stuff from wikipedia.

Brujah
    The Brujah are characterized mostly as anarchists. "The typical Brujah wears a biker jacket, tattered jeans, combat boots...". Brujah childer conduct their political conventions amongst the noise of raves and punk rock concerts. Their Ancilla have long used secret, impromptu, and often violent rants to propel their anarchic culture. In comparison to other vampires, the Brujah are especially violent. Currently the most popular symbol of Brujah is upside-down form of Circle A Red.
    Favored Disciplines - Celerity, Majesty, Vigor
    Weakness - Brujah are known for their fiery and often violent tempers, having more trouble than any clan does to keep their homicidal tendencies at bay. They fall to their Beast with disturbing frequency, and tend to get quite agitated if this flaw is ever mentioned in their presence. In game terms they get a -2 dice to frenzy rolls.

Gangrel
    The Gangrel are associated with Gypsies, transmogrification, and vagrants. As a symbol, Gangrel often use a wolf's head. The Gangrel clan's magical Discipline, Protean, allows them to assume partial or complete animal forms. Their mastery of Protean is so much greater than any other Clan that Gangrel can assume virtually any animal form, providing it is a scavenger or a predator.
    Favored Disciplines - Animalism, Protean, Resilience
    Weakness - Gangrels have a unique weakness caused by their close connection to the Beast; their animalistic instincts are drawn close to their surface, clouding more reasoned thought. In game terms they do not gain any “again” rolls on tests using resolve or composer.

Malkavian
    As with all the vampire clans in the World of Darkness setting, Malkavians suffer from a specific flaw: in this case, they are incurably insane. However, many Malkavians believe their insanity to be a strength rather than a weakness. Exactly why they all suffer from insanity is unknown, According to Malkavian legend, when Malkav was killed, all his childer came to his corpse and drank the blood of their father, thus collectively diablerizing Malkav. He is said to speak inside each and every Malkavian's soul and connects them into one collective consciousness.
    Favored Disciplines - Auspex, Nightmare, Obfuscate.
    Weakness – Every last vampire of Malkav's blood is incurably insane in one form or another. Some kindred call this a curse of the blood, while other Lunatics actually call it a special blessing, a "gift of insight." In game terms they start with 1 Derangement and receive -2 dice for derangement rolls.

Nosferatu
    They are uniformly hideous as a result of the flaw in their vampiric bloodline, though each individual's physical monstrosity is unique. Nosferatu frequently reside in catacombs, cemeteries, and sewers. The Nosferatu, also referred to as 'Nossies' or 'Sewer Rats,' are highly regarded as information-brokers. Frustrated over their monstrous appearance, many Nosferatu will Embrace the very vain and/or very beautiful out of spite. Vampires Embraced in this way are referred to as Cleopatras
    Favored Disciplines - Auspex, Obfuscate, Vigor
    Weakness – The most visibly cursed of all Kindred, the Embrace warps each Nosferatu into a hideously deformed creature; In game terms No 10 again on presence or manipulation rolls.

Toreador
    The Toreador typically have an obsession with anything artistic, exquisite or (superficially) beautiful. They are hedonists and self-indulgent artists. It is said that the Toreador are the closest of the Kindred to human sensibilities. Their Antediluvian founder was believed to be an artist in the first city.
    Favored Disciplines - Celerity, Dominate, Majesty.
    Weakness – The Toreador portray themselves as the vampires closest to the living breathing pulse of the humans around them. They claim that this is what keeps them so vital and modern. Indeed, Clan members are often the first ones to be aware of what mortals are wearing, eating, buying and sleeping with. Having this close contact with mortals causes even greater loss in Toreador when they commit a crime. In game terms -2 dice for humanity and derangement rolls

Tremere
    It is told that the Tremere were a cabal of human alchemists and Mages who attempted to gain the immortality and powers of the vampires. During the Dark Ages, they were considered an upstart, and had already made enemies as a result of their experiments. By the peak of the Renaissance, however through clever alliances and the forging of new, strange powers, they took a place in the highest council of the Camarilla. The Tremere are generally mistrusted, and are frequently referred to with the sobriquet, "Usurpers."
    Favored Disciplines - Auspex, Dominate, Suikast (Ordo Dracul).
    Weakness – Tremere were made not cursed therefore there power over the minds of other Vampires is limited. They also are more likely to be more effected when doing crimes against humanity. In game terms the humanity trait limits social tests for vampires as well as mortals. -1 die for humanity rolls

Ventrue
    The Ventrue are the rulers, leaders and politicos of the Camarilla. In Ancient Rome, they were generals and warlords of the Empire, and in the Dark Ages, they were knights and barons, leading crusades and conquests. In modern times the Ventrue still have great ambition and see themselves as conquerors, but their ways have changed, using courts and companies instead of feifdoms and mighty armies. They tend to be politicians, businessmen, military officers, and crime lords.
    Favored Disciplines – Dominate, Majesty, Resilience
    Weakness – Power corrupts and with the power of the Ventrue they are more easily corrupted than other Kindred. The Ventrue are also considered to be especially particular about whose blood they drink. In fact, any given Ventrue can only drink blood from a mortal of high status. In game terms -1 die for derangement rolls, a -2 resolve roll must be made in order to drink from a non-high status mortal.
    Last edited by MortonStromgal; 02-09-2008 at 11:19 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going to be off topic... but is it me or does Resilience suck compared to Fortitude which was the old equivalent ?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it does, but all the powers are weaker. I suggest having it act as armor on top of everything else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was considering to treat it as additional armor too. I'm not sure if "all the powers" are weaker. But this one definitely !

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The big change is resistance. Go back and read like the old Dominate or Presence (2nd ed anyway). Mortals just lost they didn't have a chance of resisting. They also did not get a soak roll.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So what weakness would you give the Toreador?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MortonStromgal View Post
    So what weakness would you give the Toreador?

Perhaps a dicepool penalty when exposed to beautiful things or stick with the deava penalty?