Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: AD&D (2E)
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Current Players: 8
Desired # of Players: 8
Game Location Street Address: Penn View Drive
City: Monroeville
State: PA
Zip Code / Postal Code: 15146
Game Times Frequency: Biweekly
Days of Week: Saturday
Online Game Details Online Game?: No
Additional Options Looking for Players?: No
Google Map
Loading Map...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost Caverns of Tsogcanth

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lost Caverns of Tsogcanth

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I am looking for a group that would like to do a game using the old 2E system. I realize that I'm located a little out of the way, so I want to make sure that potential players are aware that I can come to a more centralized location for the group to meet at. Currently, the group will be meeting in Monroeville for the game.

This campaign will include both the wilderness and cavern levels. I am looking for 6 to 8 players. Have no problem if someone wants to run two characters, but no more than that per person.

The PCs used to start will be the ones in the campaign module. They are the following:

Cathartic: human female, level 7 cleric

Ethelrede: human male, level 8 fighter

Flemin: dwarf male, level 6 fighter

Dunil: halfling female, level 9 thief

Weslocke: elf male, level 4 fighter / level 9 mage

Hockerbrecht: half-elf male, level 4 fighter/ level 4 mage / level 5 thief

Arocken: human female, level 6 ranger

Benedict: human male, level 6 cleric

With any luck, this campaign will take a very long time. There is alot of terrain to cover. There is ample opportunity for role playing when interacting with various NPCs. It's not just a hack & slash game. This could be a good campaign for a group that hasn't played before and would like to learn.
    Last edited by cplmac; 07-06-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: provide more campaign information

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    in person, or online?
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Be sure to scrape the mold off first. That is an old, old, oldy indeed.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    in person, or online?

This would be an in person, sitting around the table game. Sorry, I didn't specify that originally. I have never done an online game.

Quote Originally Posted by tesral View Post
    Be sure to scrape the mold off first. That is an old, old, oldy indeed.

I actually played this as a pc (the dwarf, Flemin), when in the Persian Gulf in 1990 & 1991.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sigh. (sniff, sniff) ;D awesome. my first module was good old B2-Keep on the Borderlands.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A little more info. This is not the tournament version. This is the one that has the large wilderness part added to the actual caverns. This is why there are eight characters listed. There are many opportunities for further campaigning after the actual one is completed.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Although there are 8 characters listed, I would have no problem with players that would want to "run" more than one character. This will allow for gaming without needing to wait for 8 total players. Could also run party characters as NPCs if the player group would want.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Character Information

OK, as promised, here is the information for the first character.

Carthartic is a human, female cleric of 7th level. Age: 25 Height: 5' 8" Weight: 141 lbs. Alignment: LG XP: 82,500.

Strength: 13, Dexterity: 11, Constitution: 12, Intellitence: 10, Wisdom: 15, Charisma: 13. Hit Points: 48. She knows the Common language only.

She is wearing Chain Mail and a Ring of Protection +3. She has a sheild and a Footman's Mace +2.

Along with 14 days worth of dry rations, she has the following regular gear: Back pack, Belt pouch, Large sack, 2 Oil flasks, Silver Holy Symbol (player can state what it actually looks like), Wolfsbane, Tinder box, 3 vials of Holy Water, Wine skin, and 50 feet of Rope.

In addition to the protection ring and the mace, she has the following magical items: Spell book, an Invisibility potion, and a Spell Storing Ring that can hold 3 spells (the player can choose what 3 spells they want to have in the ring. the spells will have to be chosen from any spell from 4th level and lower.

Cathartic knows the following spells per level:
    1st: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Protection from Evil, Santuary
    2nd: Silence 15' Radius, Augury
    3rd: Cure Disease, Remove Curse
    4th: Neutralize Poison

She has the use of a Light War Horse (Hit points: 16), Saddle, Saddle Bag, and Saddle Blanket. Lastly, she has 14 days worth of feed for the horse.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh how i envy your group. I would do anything to play that module again. You must post links describing your adventures in said module. I droolingly await to read what you post.

Thoth-Amon

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
    Oh how i envy your group. I would do anything to play that module again. You must post links describing your adventures in said module. I droolingly await to read what you post.

Thoth-Amon

That's easy to fix. Move to this area.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the second character.

Ethelrede is a human, male fighter of 8th level. Age: 28 Height: 6' 5" Weight: 221 lbs. Alignment: CN XP: 187,500.

Strength: 16, Dexterity: 16, Constitution: 16, Inteligence: 9, Wisdom: 11, Charisma: 10. Hit Points: 88. He knows the Common language only.

He is wearing Chain Mail. He has a shield +2, Hand Axe +2, and a Dagger.

Along with 14 days worth of Dry Rations and Garlic, he has the following regular gear: Back pack, Belt pouch, Large sack, Mallet, Wooden stake, 3 Torches, 10 Spikes, Tinder Box, Whetstone, and Wine skin.

In addition to the shield and hand axe, he has the following magical items: 5 Javellins of Lighting and an Extra Healing Potion.

He has the use of a Light War Horse (Hit Points: 16), Saddle, Saddle Bag, and Saddle Blanket. Lastly, he has 14 days worth of feed for the horse.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the Third character.

Flemin is a dwarf, male fighter of 6th level. Age: 65 Height: 4' 6" Weight: 161 lbs. Alignment: LG XP: 48,000.

Strength: 18/66, Dexterity: 13, Constitution: 12, Intelligence: 9, Wisdom: 8, Charisma: 7. Hit Points: 54. He knows both the Dwarf and Common languages. He can identify the languages of Goblin, Kobold, and Orc, but does not understand what is being said.

He has the following racial abilities: Infravision (at a 60' sight distance), can detect sloping passages 83% of the time, detect new construction 83% of the time, detect traps 50% of the time, detect sliding or shifting walls & rooms 66% of the time, and determine approximate depth underground 50% of the time; and has a +3 adjustment to saving throws versus the effects of rods, wands, staffs, magic spells, and poison. He has a working knowledge of mining and gains a +1 advantage to hit Orcs, Half-orcs, Gobllins, and Hobgoblins.

He is wearing Plate Mail +2. He has a shield +3, Light Crossbow , 18 Bolts +2, and a Dagger.

He has 20 Platinum coins and 10 Amber gems.

In addition to 14 days worth of dry rations, he has the following regular gear: Back pack, Belt pouch, Large Sack, Whetstone, Wine skin, and 50 feet of Rope.

In addition to the Plate Mail, shield, and bolts, he also has a Potion of Speed.

He has the use of a small Light War Horse (Hit Points 14), Saddle, Saddle Bag, and Saddle Blanket. Lastly, he has 14 days worth of feed for the horse.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cplmac View Post
    That's easy to fix. Move to this area.
    No wife and kid, i can move anywhere. I'm always looking for the BBD(bigger better deal).

Thoth-Amon

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And the fourth character.

Dunil is a halfling, female thief of 9th level. Age: 29 Height: 3' 4" Weight: 66 lbs. Alignment: LN XP: 135,000.

Strength: 11, Dexterity: 17, Constitution: 15, Intelligence: 11, Wisdom: 8, Charisma: 14, Hit Points: 54. She knows both the Halfling and Common languages and is able to use Thieve's Cant. She can identify Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc, but does not understand what is being said.

She has the following racial abilities: Infravision (at a 60' sight distance), can detect sloping passages 75% of the time, and determine direction underground 50% of the time; has a +4 adjustment to saving throws versus rods, wands, staffs, magic spells, and poison. Gains a +1 advantage to hit when using thrown weapons and slings.

She is wearing Leather and has a Dagger +1 and a regular Dagger.

She has 3 Gold coins, 6 Silver coins, and 21 Copper coins.

In addition to 14 days worth of Dry Rations, she has the following regular gear: Back pack, Belt pouch, 2 Large sacks, a 6 foot Pole, flask of Poison, Whetstone, and a Wine skin.

In addition to the Dagger +1, she has the following magical items: Robe of Blending, Rope of Climbing, Ring of Water Walking, and a Potion of Healing.

Her Thieving Abilities to start are as follows: Pick Pockets: 80%, Open Locks: 77%, Find & Remove Traps: 65%, Move Silently: 85%, Hide in Shadows: 76%, Hear Noise: 35%, Climb Walls: 83%, Read Languages: 40%.

She has the use of a small Light War Horse (Hit Points: 14), Saddle, Saddle Bag, and Saddle Blanket. Lastly, she has 14 days worth of feed for the horse.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The fifth character.

Weslocke is an Elf, male mge of 9th level and fighter of 4th level. Age: 130 Height: 5' 10" Weight: 107 lbs. Alignment: N XP: (m) 139,000: (f) 12,000.

Strength: 10, Dexterity: 14, Constitution: 12, Intelligence: 18, Wisdom: 9, Charisma: 13. Hit Points: 54. He knows the following languages: Elf, Common, Dwarf, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, and Hobgobllin.

He has the following racial abilities: Infravision (at a 60' sight distance), can Resist Charm and Sleep 90% of the time, can detect Secret or Concealed Doors 33% of the time. Gains a +1 to hit when using either short or long swords and when using any type of bows other than a crossbow.

He is wearing Bracers of Defense (AC 2). He has a Dancing Sword and a Dagger.

He has 8 Gold coins and 1 Fire Opal gem.

In addition to 14 days worth of Dry Rations, he has the following regular gear: Back pack, Belt pouch, Large sack, Silver mirror, a 10 foot Pole, and an Ivory Scroll Tube.

In addition to the bracers of defense and the dancing sword, he has the following magical items: Spell book, Magic Detection Wand, and a scroll with 3 spells on it (the player can choose any 3 spells from 5th level and lower to be on the scroll).

Weslocke knows the following spells:
    1st. Charm Person, Light, Magic Missile.
    2nd. Darkness, 15' Radius, Mirror Image, Web.
    3rd. Dispell Magic, Fireball, Hold Person.
    4th. Confusion, Ice Storm

He has the use of a Light War Horse (Hit Points: 16), Saddle, Saddle Bag, and Saddle Blankket. Lastly, he has 14 days feed for the horse.
    Last edited by cplmac; 09-14-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: removed info that is not needed

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast