Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Creation(No Name Yet)

Downloads
    Uploads

Game Creation(No Name Yet)

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Well I was told to post in the boards, and so I shall.

As said in my intro post, I am creating a game. I know it might not become some popular game or anything, and I don't care. I like it and want to see it through, no matter how big it is. But anyway.

This game will be, simply put, a melding of DnD and Warhammer put together. It will be a pen and paper game, plus the occasional miniatures of course to represent where things are. It will be medieval-ish, like DnD, with magic, creatures, etc. along with dungeon delving, adventures, etc. But, like Warhammer, it is on a wide scale. Instead of controlling one person, you control groups ranging from like ten, to possibly thousands.

So, for example, in DnD you are a group of five sent into a mountain cave to defeat some huge foe, while carving a path through its servants. In MY game, you would each control a group of 20, of varying people, creatures, whatever.

So, you would be able to keep the uniqueness of DnD with dungeon delving, adventures, magic items, characters(Gotta have unique characters in your army), and much more, while melding it with the wide scale battles of Warhammer, the complexity and fun of controlling an army of variable size, of having siege weapons, as well as having many of its own unique features that I plan to include.

Thats a general idea of what the game I wish to make will be, as best as I could summarize it. Thank you for reading.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds interesting. I wonder if you have checked out systems like Exalted or Conan or even into the mass combat rules provided in some of the D&D supplements? At the very least it might help creating some of the mass combat features for D&D a little less time consuming . I would really like to hear more details as your game development progresses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I plan on looking things up like that. But the key thing is right now, I wanted to get a group together, where we ALL work on it, create it, etc. A team effort. I don't want to even start, at least much, until I form said team.

So I tohught to sign up ehre in the hope that I might get some people interested in joining said team.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could definitely be interesting. The rules will have to be incredible streamlined to keep the encounters going at a reasonable rate. Might want to look at the D&D mini rules for a start, since they streamline combat down but keep the flavor of D&D.

Developer for Darkage Warlord, a Pen & Paper Games exclusive Medieval Wargame.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ahve experiance in dnd and have a friend who has played both warhammer and dnd. we play 3.5 and ahve sometimes been dissatisfied with the systems, to help create a game that could have the goods from both would be very interesting to be a part of. pm me or email me if you have any interest to hear more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    chronosmaker I think you will be hard pressed to find anybody willing to work on said system until you provide a lot more information. Such an undertaking would take a great deal of time and effort. Potential helpers/authors are going to want to know what they are getting into. If you have to loose of an idea when new people come in, the game you had in mind could quickly change into something your unhappy with. Just my two cents.

Downloads
    Uploads
    True. But hey, work in progress. I likely will start on my own anyway, for a while. For the main part, this was to see opinions and thoughts, as well as advice. I kinda guessed in the end that I would be working alone, at least for a time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What I am seeing here resembles a dnd game I was part of for a couple of years. Our primary characters were members of a scouting or patrol party. We did all the 'adventureing' but at times, we were asigned to take part as the generals or other leaders of the armies we were attached to.

It was a hoot, taking part in massive battles, and at times getting in on the direction of the war. If I had not moved out of town, I probablly would still be kicking Orc butt.

But if you want to build an entire game system around that idea, this is the place to get help. I hope.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah thats the general idea of it. It will include the controlling of armies, your own direct character taking part in it, whether you are the general, or jsut some random character of your army. IT will also include teh controlling of said army. You control who you recruit, your tactics, etc., much like Warhammer. Only now it has the in depth of DnD. Your army needs food, supplies, and every action has a reaction. You come on too strong, the opposing force might limit your options by blocking some avenues, making your army break up, etc. Any of this make sense? Heh.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very very cool. Give us a direction and we're ready to help

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Really? Well I thought to perhaps get a character sheet system worked out. Iw as planning on reasearching it some tonight and throughout the week/month and such, but if you are willing to help, I would love to have opinions, ideas, etc. If you are willing, of course.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Absolutely.

I'm pretty comfortable with the Warhammer stats for how quickly you can do massive battles. They can easily be modified to give them a slightly more D&D flavor. Have you looked at the minis rules?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you need ideas for formatting or what to include on the sheet, the best place to start is with established system sheets. RPGSheets.com has over 3000 sheets for 250+ games

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sadly I ahve not looked at the minis rules. I want to, but seeing as I'm limited to the computer(don't ask) for the most part, I don't know where to find them online. Mind pointing me in the right direction?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can find it here:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/DDM_MinBatlRules.zip

A bit of a long read, but a minis game goes much quicker than standard D&D combat, and the latest rules which are based on D&D 4e look to speed it up even more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast