Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A place to post stories?

Downloads
    Uploads

A place to post stories?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site, and glad to be here.

I like to write short stories based on charictors i have played or played with and or npc's etc, anyway i like to write, is there a proper place here to share some of them? or can there be? I wouldn't just randomly post one.

reguards,

UDS

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is the Articles/Blogs section, which would support this fairly well, I think. Take a look and see if you agree.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know. I've been thinking about asking you to add a fan fiction section for a while now. Given the broad range of talented DM's and storytellers, it seems more appropriate than articles and blogs. Just my opinion though, if such a forum isn't created I'll end up using Articles/Blogs soon enough here anyway

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix View Post
    I don't know. I've been thinking about asking you to add a fan fiction section for a while now. Given the broad range of talented DM's and storytellers, it seems more appropriate than articles and blogs. Just my opinion though, if such a forum isn't created I'll end up using Articles/Blogs soon enough here anyway
    The only part with posting a story on a public site is copyright issues. I do publish my stories. A few have to do with RPG characters, most don't. Stories are located here.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    The Dean of Old School
    The Olde Phoenix Inn
    Metro Detroit Linux Users Group

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not so much worried about people stealing my stories. I'm more interested in posting story hooks than full stories, or short stories for that matter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    There is the Articles/Blogs section, which would support this fairly well, I think. Take a look and see if you agree.
    I posted a couple things to check out this part of the forum. I have trouble posting some things because of the 20,000 character restriction though.

Oh yeah, I'm a little bumed out that no one has posted any feedback.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Drohem View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm a little bumed out that no one has posted any feedback.
    The last few days I've been pretty busy. I actually have your section bookmarked and plan to go over everything. While I cannot promise feedback for sure within the next 48 hours, I can within the next 96 .

Quote Originally Posted by Drohem View Post
    I posted a couple things to check out this part of the forum. I have trouble posting some things because of the 20,000 character restriction though.
    The Articles/Blogs section has a 20K character limit? That is going to be a huge problem for me with some of the projects I had in mind

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could get around the character restriction by posting a response to you own story, but it would be part two, part three, etc.

Copyright shouldn't be a problem as long as the work is 100% yours and you clearly state at the beginning of the work (usually next to the title, or directly after the title) that this is copyrighted work. Copyright is "understood" once a work is completed by the author, copyright law exists because there are fools who like to jack writers. I'm one too.... (a writer, not a fool)

Downloads
    Uploads
    The problem with getting around the character limit that way is that people cannot add on to stories at a later time. They must post multiple times to "reserve" the space for possible future additions. I think in a great deal of cases the parts would be spread throughout a multi page thread. Hardly ideal

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ffclubhero View Post
    You could get around the character restriction by posting a response to you own story, but it would be part two, part three, etc.

Copyright shouldn't be a problem as long as the work is 100% yours and you clearly state at the beginning of the work (usually next to the title, or directly after the title) that this is copyrighted work. Copyright is "understood" once a work is completed by the author, copyright law exists because there are fools who like to jack writers. I'm one too.... (a writer, not a fool)
    thats good to know i'll remember that before i do post anything, i can't wait to share the adventures of Gutz the psion goblin with ya'll. ok that idea is copyrighted now so don't steal it ok?

Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG!! I just finished my first campaign. My character was amazing. Its name is Gutz and it is a goblin who dabbles heavily in psionics. I've already written a rough draft for the novel about him. Oh man he is sooo cool. Thank god I know somebody who was able to transfer the rights over to me. I feel bad for the fool who previously had the rights but I'm sure they'll get much better usage under me. THANK GOODNESS FOR BRIBES!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    or not

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aren't the blogs a little off the beaten path?

I like writing occasionally. I have no delusions of grandeur though. I am just happy if it makes somebody else feel something.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree that they are off the beaten path. Not everybody uses the menu's up above which is why we have so many people posting campaign recruitment stuff in the introductions forum. If they were linked to in a more visible area, forum or perhaps the website header, I think they would see a lot more usage.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there's a blog section?

(edit: whadd'ya'know! there is a blog section! ^^)
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast